Do you carry (an) extra mag(s)

Do you carry extra mags? (or speed loaders)

• No. Just what's in the pistol.

Votes: 96 36.2%
  • Yes, one.

Votes: 119 44.9%
  • Yes, multiple.

Votes: 50 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many of you that carry extra mags have a construction job?

I used to build houses in my early 20's. I did not carry anything while I was actually working. Pistol stayed locked in the car. If you can carry anything bigger than an LCP on your hip while wearing a full-weighted tool belt for 9 hours a day crawling up and down icy staging and onto rafters and soforth, you are a better man than I!!

Well, after reading this thread I'm going to go from carrying one extra mag in my front pocket to this:

25ph2qw.jpg

That setup should cover all eventualities.

Skipped the Newport and went straight for the cigar. I like it.

Real dumb question -- how are you guys carrying the spare? I'm a relatively small guy and I think I'd have a hard time concealing the gun alone...

When carrying my G26 in my Kholster, I don't. When in my Smartcarry (sits on top of your junk) theres a mag pocket. But a lot of people buy mag cases for their belt just like you see the cops using. Most people who don't CCW don't know what they are even when looking at it.

1 spare mag or one speed loader. I keep them in my front pocket, or a jacket pocket in the winter if I know I wont be taking it off. Sometimes a spare gun too[smile]

Last edited:
Semi = Yes
Rev. (if owned) = Hell Yes. Down here you will be dealing not with 1 or 2 perps but 3+. And I really don't think your mind is gonna be in the right frame to start rationing the rounds you have in yoru six shooter.

Put it bluntly. I'd rather have spare rounds on hand and not need them, than be in a situation where my very life depends on having a few extra rounds and they are a few miles back home in my safe.

Real dumb question -- how are you guys carrying the spare? I'm a relatively small guy and I think I'd have a hard time concealing the gun alone...

Well to answer the main question, yes I carry two spare magazines, also two knives (one S&W, one Leathermen).

As far as your "how are you guys carrying" question it's all in how you dress and in what cloth's you dress in.

When I went through the S&W metal detectors the other day the thing keep going off, the ladie gaurd there asked how I was buzing the wand so I lifted my shirt and she was shocked to see what I had on and said boy I couldn't tell.

I had stored my gun and other stuff, but I had left my holster and other stuff on my belt, the snaps was what was setting the detector off, as she said she didn't know I had the stuff on.
The funny part of it is she loved the look of the belt/holster/ext. and wanted the name of the company as she wanted to get some of their products.

mernickleholsters.com

mernickleholsters/ps6r1 , this is my holster, but I use a thumb break.

Last edited:
I don't need to carry a spare magazine.

I carry one of those HOLLYWOOD guns.

You no the ones that I'm talking about, they can shoot all day long and never have to be reloaded [smile] [smile] [smile] !!!

I used to build houses in my early 20's. I did not carry anything while I was actually working. Pistol stayed locked in the car. If you can carry anything bigger than an LCP on your hip while wearing a full-weighted tool belt for 9 hours a day crawling up and down icy staging and onto rafters and soforth, you are a better man than I!!

That's just my point, some guys polish a chair all day or drive a truck or whatever. Some have a much easier time carrying extra mags or full size handguns.

I voted "no", as I do not see the point in carrying an extra mag(s), if you have a gun that you have run enough to verify it's reliability. Can problems occur with mags, sure, but the odds are probably even more remote than ever having to draw your weapon in the first place. Personally, I prefer to travel as light as possible in all situations, so just carrying a sidearm alone is more than I'm used to. If I ever have to draw it, and the 11 rounds of 9mm aren't enough to handle the situation, then chances are that I was doomed anyway, so I will take my chances on that. I mean, we are all here because we believe in the 2A right to keep and bear arms, but at some point, I think it can be taken a bit far. I mean, why stop at a second magazine, why not keep a SBR'd AR15 tucked in a shoulder harness under your sport coat, just in case SHTF while you are at the office.[laugh]

I voted "no", as I do not see the point in carrying an extra mag(s), if you have a gun that you have run enough to verify it's reliability. Can problems occur with mags, sure, but the odds are probably even more remote than ever having to draw your weapon in the first place. Personally, I prefer to travel as light as possible in all situations, so just carrying a sidearm alone is more than I'm used to. If I ever have to draw it, and the 11 rounds of 9mm aren't enough to handle the situation, then chances are that I was doomed anyway, so I will take my chances on that. I mean, we are all here because we believe in the 2A right to keep and bear arms, but at some point, I think it can be taken a bit far. I mean, why stop at a second magazine, why not keep a SBR'd AR15 tucked in a shoulder harness under your sport coat, just in case SHTF while you are at the office.[laugh]

You say that like we don't.

Some of us can actually pull that off.

You don't even need the sportcoat.

You say that like we don't.

You don't even need the sportcoat.

[laugh2][rofl] I know, I was waiting for that! Truth be told, I just picked up a sub2000 that can fit in my laptop case, or a backpack when hiking, just in case I need a "bit more" than the 11 rounds in my carry.[wink][laugh]

So what's the easiest way for me to carry a full size 1911 government along with two additional 10 rounders? I usually only carry a Ruger LCR with no speedloader when I go to Market Basket. You guys are making me rethink this.

Ok kids... enough with the personal attacks, etc. Ad homs over a magazine? Carry one, or don't. No reason to go "chinese bus drama" (search youtube) on each other over it.

-Mike

Ok kids... enough with the personal attacks, etc. Ad homs over a magazine? Carry one, or don't. No reason to go "chinese bus drama" (search youtube) on each other over it.

-Mike

Can we have a sub forum where we can personally attack each other?

Back
Top Bottom