• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Channel 5 News - Boston - Pepper Spray

Look, I think I'm on your side, but I think you're confused as to the meaning of "status quo." It boils down to mean "no change" no matter how it happens.
The status quo in MA was that gun rights were receding along with lawful gun ownership. The status quo was ridiculus laws and regulations streaming in every time a headline promised the latest shill of a a politician votes for "doing something".

1M+ down to about 200K at one point. That decline is stopped and now recently reversed.

For my own part, the more I did myself, the more I found GOAL was doing. No one or org is perfect, but the biggest problem we have in MA is gun owners and non-gun owners alike rotting away in apathy not knowing what is going on and not getting involved in politics generally.

I hear a lot of "yeah but...". That has been changing lately, but it needs to change more.

Yeah, but during the 2010 hearing, I got him to publicly admit that it is not the vast majority of gun owners who are the problem, and they are chasing the wrong people. He did say this, on the record. I wish there were video footage.
If that was at the state house hearing, I remember him saying something like "Licensed gun owners almost never create a problem" or "commit crimes" or something like that.

There are a number of other things that have happened that lead me to believe that Davis believes the current policies tie up too much police staff time without any public benefit. And he would present any changes as a cost savings rather than a change in policy. Guess we will find out this Fall after a new mayor is elected.

I wrote him to commend,several of the staff at Moon Island and received a thank you noting the letter had been placed in the officer's files as a commendation.

Last edited:
So how do we get membership higher? I've tried by asking gun shops to hand out flyers but as far as I can tell (and I don't have data here) it went nowhere.

Although I no longer volunteer for GOAL I can tell you that I probably handed out 1-2K GOAL applications over the years at gun shows and gun clubs. From experience (not just with GOAL) I can tell you that if you don't get people to fill it out RIGHT NOW AND RIGHT THERE, they put it in a pocket or bag and forget about it. We all do this, even if we have good intentions.

I won't say not to do this, but will say that you shouldn't expect any significant results from that method.

I think it's fair to assume he got the job in the first place because he'll do and say as he's told.
If you recall after Newtown, He was at the podum reading his mumbles/ devalue script about how Ma. has a huge problem with internet firearms sales and people going up to NH. and Me., loading up car trunks with firearms and handing them out on the streets of Boston. [rolleyes]
He's just another useless hack.
After what's come out about the murder of that young woman this week, it's clear that the BPD needs an emema , starting with him.

Yes, whoever fills the shoes of police commissioner in Boston takes orders from the mayor and if he/she steps out of line, they are replaced. It is a political appointment and that is just the way it works!

Although I no longer volunteer for GOAL I can tell you that I probably handed out 1-2K GOAL applications over the years at gun shows and gun clubs. From experience (not just with GOAL) I can tell you that if you don't get people to fill it out RIGHT NOW AND RIGHT THERE, they put it in a pocket or bag and forget about it. We all do this, even if we have good intentions.

I won't say not to do this, but will say that you shouldn't expect any significant results from that method.

Yes, whoever fills the shoes of police commissioner in Boston takes orders from the mayor and if he/she steps out of line, they are replaced. It is a political appointment and that is just the way it works!

Agreed
I just have a tough time relating.
I don't believe I've ever had a job that paid well enough to sell my soul for.

wife posted this link on FB.

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- Lawmakers are expressing their support for a bill seeking to make so-called "non-lethal self-defense" sprays more accessible to Mass. residents in the wake of the murder of South Boston resident Amy Lord.

State Rep. Dan Winslow took to Twitter Saturday to show his support for a bill sponsored by Rep. Kimberly Ferguson.

"Instead of giving women in Boston rape whistles, why don't we make it easier to give them mace? I support @KimFergusonMA H2145 #mapoli #gop," tweeted the Norfolk Republican.

Ferguson, a Republican from Holden, proposed changes to the definition of "ammunition" back in January that would give a new definition for the term "defensive spray."

"'Defensive Spray' shall mean tear gas cartridges, chemical mace or any device or instrument which contains or emits a liquid, gas, powder or any other substance designed to incapacitate," reads the definition under Ferguson's proposed change.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22...ange-to-self-defense-spray-laws#ixzz2aLfcPqYc

Last edited:
What happened to all the women on NES? I know we used to have a lot. It seems like I only know of "minininjer" on here now. What happened to the lady trucker, Mrs. Zhomb, Lynne D., and all the others?

Lynn's got other things going on. Anastasia (K-Dub) still posts actively on FB and attends NES shoots; Mrs Wildweasel is still around and a mod although she doesn't post a lot. Amazon is around; MrsMagnum is busy with work, being a beer girl, muddin' and taking her daughter camping in that sweet FJ of hers. NES is NOT the be-all and end-all of everyone, Doug.

Back
Top Bottom