• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker Follows Feds on Firearm Retailers and Ranges

If you wear nitrile gloves (Home Depot) and carry a half sheet of paper towel wetted with gasoline to wipe the gloves and anything you touch, everyone will keep their distance from you! Gasoline in a pump-up bug sprayer for larger area's, and a six foot circle around you.

Special Alert! - Update

Just within the last hour, the Administration changed the language deleting "retailers" and shooting ranges"!

Baker Administration follows federal guidelines for essential businesses under new notice just released this afternoon, March 31st. Making the following essential:

"Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges."

It can be found under the heading of Law Enforcement.
https://www.mass.gov/info-detai…/covid-19-essential-services (Better Link)

Everyone should be reminded to follow the guidelines provided by the state and the CDC.
https://www.mass.gov/info…/covid-19-prevention-and-treatment

I find it ironic that gun shops are not considered essential but abortion clinics, pot dispensaries, liquor stores are....

Now admittedly I haven't paid much attention to the mass insanity caused by covid so yesterday decided to hit MRA,got there big sign all ranges closed. Didn't think to check their website and figured if there is a problem an e mail would/should have been sent out. So needless to say I wasn't happy. Every time the news popped up " Special Bulletin" I shut the tv off,anywhere from 4 to 10 people at a podium taking 30 to 60 min all saying the same thing and sometimes 2 or 3 time a day. We get it there's a problem we don't need to hear it 24/7 most of us have an IQ that's higher than a house plant and realize that.

per FPC.

Firearms Policy Media Relations
Mar 31, 2020, 10:04 PM (10 hours ago)
to me

Hi, Richard. Thank you very much for your email and support!

We haven't sued Massachusetts on the closure issue yet because it was only today that it appears gun retailers may not be exempt from the closure order.

We are actively seeking potential plaintiffs (individuals and FFLs) affected by a closure, and anyone interested in possibly joining a case can let us know at FPChotline.org.

We have been and remain in contact with advocates in Mass. and continue to work on more litigation and potential litigation.

Firearms Policy Coalition
Media Relations Team

per FPC.

to me

We haven't sued Massachusetts on the closure issue yet because it was only today that it appears gun retailers may not be exempt from the closure order.

We are actively seeking potential plaintiffs (individuals and FFLs) affected by a closure, and anyone interested in possibly joining a case can let us know at FPChotline.org.

We have been and remain in contact with advocates in Mass. and continue to work on more litigation and potential litigation.

Media Relations Team

Oh man, I started following FPC way back, they had a twitter team that was hysterical for a while.

I was going shooting this morning, but decided to put it off til After Noon.

Civil Disobedience is Real.

Someone should probably tell Ted at NETP that it's been changed, they were open this morning when I drove by.

Someone should probably tell Ted at NETP that it's been changed, they were open this morning when I drove by.
Nobody cares if Ted the Rat is open or not in his new closet-like shop... but if I were him, I'd watch out. At his age, he is a prime candidate for sucumbing to the Kung Flu. [thinking]

Nobody cares if Ted the Rat is open or not in his new closet-like shop... but if I were him, I'd watch out. At his age, he is a prime candidate for sucumbing to the Kung Flu. [thinking]

Yeah, I'd say he has more than paid the price.

Was NETP open for business or open for deliveries? I drive past there several times a week, he has had a sign on his door saying Open for Delivery for a few days now.

I find it ironic that gun shops are not considered essential but abortion clinics, pot dispensaries, liquor stores are....
If abortion is to be legal, it is a "time is of the essence" sort of service. And only medical dispensation of weed is considered legal. As to liquor stores - hard core drunks on withdrawal can suck up a hospital bed.

If abortion is to be legal, it is a "time is of the essence" sort of service. And only medical dispensation of weed is considered legal. As to liquor stores - hard core drunks on withdrawal can suck up a hospital bed.

A friend of mine works part-time in a liquor store and that's what he told me when I asked why they were essential. They don't want drunks tying up valuable hospital resources and/or spreading the virus.

Don't know about you but last time I checked most clubs aren't businesses
Bingo. The clubs are closing because they are misreading this order. I am not saying have massive shoots, but a club with 10 lanes can have 4-5 shooters at a time.

per FPC.

to me

Media Relations Team
I can confirm we (Comm2A) are working with them on this. The thing we need now is plaintiffs. Anyone with an LTC/FID without a gun or a LTC/FID and gun with no ammunition.

Back
Top Bottom