Baker Follows Feds on Firearm Retailers and Ranges

GOAL

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Special Alert! - Update

Just within the last hour, the Administration changed the language deleting "retailers" and shooting ranges"!

Baker Administration follows federal guidelines for essential businesses under new notice just released this afternoon, March 31st. Making the following essential:

"Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges."

It can be found under the heading of Law Enforcement.
https://www.mass.gov/info-detai…/covid-19-essential-services (Better Link)

Everyone should be reminded to follow the guidelines provided by the state and the CDC.
https://www.mass.gov/info…/covid-19-prevention-and-treatment

Last edited:

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Are people not reading the notice? It says gun and ammo manufacturers and retailers ARE essential.

"Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges."
Yep, that’s how I read it.

92G

NES Member
Rating - 99.1%
105   1   0
Are people not reading the notice? It says gun and ammo manufacturers and retailers ARE essential.

yes this is how I read it, which is good news although if I were a gunshop owner I would be afraid of exposing myself or staff to the CoV. unfortunately wife and I are under the thumb of DPH so won't see me at a gun shop either way. seriously though folks having now been down the CoV road, asymptomatic spread is a thing. if you're going out, would keep maximum distance, diligent hand cleaning, wear mask if possible. overall if you're sitting on enough ammo (like I am) the risk of venturing out absolutely outweighs the benefit of being up another case of 9mm. and that's coming from a proud ammosexual.

...and as much as I hate to say it @drgrant was correct it looks like the shops will stay open. my expectation for authoritarian shutdown has gone unrealized.

rickflst

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I do not see ranges in it. Ends at distributors
  • Workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.
  • Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, importers, and distributors.
  • Public agency workers responding to abuse and neglect of children, elders, and dependent adults.

mlaboss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
  • Workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.
  • Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, importers, and distributors.
  • Public agency workers responding to abuse and neglect of children, elders, and dependent adults.
Weird, looks like it got edited after I posted.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yeah, I don't see that wording either about retailers and shooting ranges.

pupchow

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Do I need to flush my cache, or has that page been edited? I don't see anything about retailers or ranges.

ETA @GOAL

Top Bottom