Baker Follows Feds on Firearm Retailers and Ranges

I look at that list and see bartenders,waitstaff and shoters as the only people not free to go about their business
Why bother shutting down?

Nope, Faker still faking.
Special Alert!
Baker Administration follows federal guidelines for essential businesses under new notice just released this afternoon, March 31st. Making the following essential:

"Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges."

It can be found under the heading of Law Enforcement.
https://www.mass.gov/info-detai…/covid-19-essential-services (Better Link)

Everyone should be reminded to follow the guidelines provided by the state and the CDC.
https://www.mass.gov/info…/covid-19-prevention-and-treatment
Highlighted line appears to be incorrect. That's what the federal DHS guidance says here: Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce | CISA.

The "latest" MA guidance referenced above claims to follow federal guidelines, the referenced list of essential services is different from the federal guidance, specificallly saying:
"Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, importers, and distributors. "
Note the omission of retailers and shooting rangers.

Baker is a lying POS.

I have an email at 4:08PM from Minute Man Sportsman Club that they’re closed through 06 MAY. That‘s barring any further announcements.

COLLECTORS GALLERY

OPENING APRIL 1, NOON
We have been designated an "Essential Business" by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

We are operating with revised hours: 9-4 Tues.–Sat. by appointment only for our and your protection.

Please knock or call 781-438-4013 to gain admittance or make an appointment. Please wait in your car and we will call you. Please do not loiter near the front door or litter.

NO .38 Special available at this time.

AVAILABLE

• Sig Sauer Elite Ball 9mm FMJ 115GR $15.49/box/50
  • Geco 115GR HP $18.99 box/50
  • .223/5.56mm $5.99 & up
  • Most other calibers available in limited supply.
AMMO LIMITS
  • 100 rounds shotgun slugs/buckshot
  • 200 rounds per caliber rifle/pistol
Due to ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, please be aware of the following:
  • Stocks of firearms and ammunition are severely depleted nationally at distributors and manufacturers
  • Our web site is up-to-date with new and pre-owned firearms inventory. We are taking deposits on existing stock and back orders from 9-4 Tuesday through Saturday
  • We are currently out or have very limited supply of the following calibers:
    • OUT .38 Special
    • LIMITED .40S&W range ammo
    • LIMITED .45ACP range ammo
    • LIMITED .223/5.56mm
  • We are receiving shipments daily

Was planning on taking the wifey to the range on Thursday for the anniversary. Before I e-mail the BOD of Hopkinton, can anyone relate as to whether or not my key card is going to work? Everyone is pretty well distanced to begin with, even on a busy day. I see it as no different than a park.

Charlie Parker can say whatever he wants. The Federal government has a list, and that supersedes any state policies.

"The Administration also updated the “COVID-19 Essential Services” list which is based on updated federal guidance. The new list goes into effect on April 1 at noon. "

Looks like we have until Noon, tomorrow...

These guys would fuuk up a wet dream.

"We are following federal guidelines.
Wait...
"The Fed said what?"
Ya never mind.

So all these people with new firearms have nowhere to practice.
You can have them but we're not going to let you use them.
Brilliant!!!!!!

So, any shots heard tomorrow after twelve-Noon in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, will have been fired in anger...

So, any shots heard tomorrow after twelve-Noon in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, will have been fired in anger...

I’m not buying this. Ranges open after the first announcement decided to stay open as they are private property. I don’t see this latest update making any difference.

Perhaps, but I just e-mailed my club to see what their take on it is. If my card still gets me in you can be sure my wife is going to put my 5.56 stock level in to the red. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find clay pigeons to save my life. Going to have to get creative in the reactionary target realm.

Are people not reading the notice? It says gun and ammo manufacturers and retailers ARE essential.

"Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges."
That is how I read it, but then everyone's answers made me second guess.

Edit, I am confused. Why did GOAL quote one thing and the link says another?

That is how I read it, but then everyone's answers made me second guess.

Edit, I am confused. Why did GOAL quote one thing and the link says another?
Supposedly the list first put out after Fakers announcement did include firearms retailers and ranges, consistent with fed rules,and that's what newies and GOAL, etc. ran with. However, they subsequently revised the list so now they are not listed.

"Take to the fields and the forests my friends!"
"Make the sand pits and hilly places your Home!"

We are no longer confined to well-regulated gun clubs and pay-as-you-go shooting ranges!

At last We are Free! Without hassle from The Man...
~Enbloc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom