• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour turns in pipe bomb builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that I went downstairs and my GF is asleep because I've been upstairs all night reading this thread. I'm sure she will not be happy when I wake her up and try to get some.

Like you would have, anyway... [devil2]

If we're talking firecrackers - even those on steroids - no big problem. The intent is not to harm anyone.

A pipe bomb, however, is designed to general metal shards (commonly, but incorrectly, called "shrapnel"); i.e., it is DESIGNED to kill/injure people.

That is NOT recreational/entertainment explosives. [frown]

Says you. You need to hang out with some of my Marine buddies. All you need is a rock wall and you can have all sorts of shrap coming back at you. Makes it fun, you know if you're in to that kind of thing.
[wink]

A pistol and a rifle are designed to shoot a projectile at over 1500 fps, and sometimes > 3000 fps [shocked] They are designed to KILL PEOPLE, that's why they were invented.

Seriously if I have land I should be able to go out there and blow stuff up, period.

I had a neighbor blow the next door's house off the foundation with firework's. Think what might have happened if this guy made a mistake.

Trout,

bombs are as dangerous as guns. It all depends on who's using them.

so you think a home made pipe bomb is equivalent to military grade ordnance???

heat, pressure, and stupidity are usually required for an explosion (BTW, the guy I heard that from was missing a bit of skin from when he crimped a blasting cap at the wrong spot)... you can take two out for a pipe bomb....

The case here not withstanding, I don't get the whole "rats are bad" mentality. Would you not rat out Timothy McVeigh, the Unabomber or Jeffrey Dahmer if you somehow figured out what they were up to? I sure as hell would. How about a few swarthy gentlemen filling a Uhaul van with diesel and fertilizer and heading off to the World Trade Center? Oh no, they're just minding their own business. Nothing to see here.

That's the kind of mentality that keeps the mob and inner city gangs going and it has nothing to do with 2A rights.

Last edited:
So, I just watched Fox25 who said the ZHA person saw the pipe bombs when he went over to the suspect's house to buy an ATV. They were laying around in the garage.

So the moral here kids - If you are going to make pipe bombs, don't tell anyone and do not leave them in plain sight.

So, I just watched Fox25 who said the ZHA person saw the pipe bombs when he went over to the suspect's house to buy an ATV. They were laying around in the garage.

So the moral here kids - If you are going to make pipe bombs, don't tell anyone and do not leave them in plain sight.

but its ok because Martlet will be your defense lawyer and tell them what the real deal is [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

This thread is hillarious!

Gun owners talking about how dangerous bombs are,and the threat they pose to the public..Only thing I can say to this hypocrisy is every single one of you have been living under the kings rule in MA for so long,you don't realize how f***ing rediculous you sound.

I know quite a few people from this forum,and trust a few, and I think I will keep it that way.I am now convinced that with all the do-gooders here,someone *might* turn me in for my own good,for the safety of the public and children, and what I *might* do one day.

Seriously,a lot of people here should just stay in MA,you would be laughed at in just about any other state for your *what might happen* attitude.Seriously,don't move up to NH and f*** it up for everyone else.How many people here would turn in someone for a gallon of Tannerite for the damage it *might* cause ?

Jim did what he thought was right,I don't agree with it but it was his decision to make.

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is if you want to get drunk and blow stuff up...live somewhere that it's legal. If you don't and still get drunk and blow stuff up (or intend to and tell someone) then you deserve to be incarcerated for your illegal action(s) when your caught. If you do not like the laws in this state...move or work to change them, just don't insult, belittle and demean those that openly abide by them. And demonstrate common sense and concern for welfare of others. We should be applauding the Zero Hour guy for doing what he thought was right (some call it being a rat) to protect the strong possibility of loss of life (his/his wife/his kids/his neighbors/first response personnel). Especially if he recently saw the gentleman drunk dragging his small daughter around. Apparantly no value for his or her safety as I'm sure he didn't live within walking distance of Zero Hour...I would have offered to call a cab or his wife and if refused (and he really was that drunk) called the police then, in order to protect his little girl from being driven home by a drunken parent. You know what could happen and this moron would walk away after killing or maiming his kid and someone else in an accident. Do what you want but if it is illegal (whether you like the law or not, it is still the law) don't boast about it and don't expect support for being stupid. I guess I'm on the side of looking out for the greater good. I don't want to give up my freedom (any more than I have just by continuing to live in MA) but I don't plan on doing anything illegal either. Once he boasted about it and left them in clear view & access of others...especially his children...he can't go to jail long enough in my opinion.

I don't think I can blame Jim. This guy allegedly told him he gets drunk while making bombs then has some in his garage, out in the open where anyone who comes to see the ATV he has for sale can also see them and there are young kids in the house?

On this board we don't want people posting names of dealers who will ship Ammo to MA-which is legal.-This guy is out telling people he gets drunk while committing federal felonies and leaves evidence of such out in the open in his garage!

Sounds like he was going to get himself caught or ratted out one way or another.

Personally I use strict discretion when committing all my federal crimes [smile]

Gun owners talking about how dangerous bombs are,and the threat they pose to the public..Only thing I can say to this hypocrisy is every single one of you have been living under the kings rule in MA for so long,you don't realize how f***ing rediculous you sound.

I know quite a few people from this forum,and trust a few, and I think I will keep it that way.I am now convinced that with all the do-gooders here,someone *might* turn me in for my own good,for the safety of the public and children and what I *might* do one day.

Seriously,a lot of people here should just stay in MA,you would be laughed at in just about any other state for your *what might happen* attitude.Seriously,don't move up to NH and f*** it up for everyone else.How many people here would turn in someone for a gallon of Tannerite for the damage it *might* cause ?

Jim did what he thought was right,I don't agree with it but it was his decision to make.

Keep in mind that that it was the people of Massachusetts that were the first ones to resist the British when they tried to seize our arms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexington_and_Concord

So since then we've been invaded by liberal F^C#'s who have done everything they can to reverse what our (my) ancestors sacrificed their life for.

Remember, it started here.

you don't realize how f***ing rediculous you sound.

Yeah... really? How about this: "Pipe bombs are cool, they're no more dangerous than your average propane stove. Go ahead and just try some for yourself. Start with PVC and light loads and work your way up to hot loads with steel pipes."

Yeah... definitely we're rediculous...

Yeah... really? How about this: "Pipe bombs are cool, they're no more dangerous than your average propane stove. Go ahead and just try some for yourself. Start with PVC and light loads and work your way up to hot loads with steel pipes."

Yeah... definitely we're rediculous...

Oh no the sky is falling...

Pipe bombs are soooooooooooooooooooo dangerous!!!!!!!! Get them off the streets before they the blood runs and they kill all the children!!!!!

Putting aside the fact that I consider Jim, Marc and Don from ZHA good friends of mine, I think Jim made the right decision.

For those of you that are comparing pipe-bombs to guns, get a friggin life. Pipe-bombs and guns have only one thing in common, gunpowder. Whens the last time you thought you needed a pipe-bomb to protect your self or house? Whens the last time you needed to conceal a pipe-bomb because you thought you were traveling through a unsafe area?

All those who are comparing ZHA to NET get a friggin life. Calling the AG on BassPro about selling some guns that don't meet some bullshit criteria, and calling the cops on a guy who is making bombs are two totally different things. Let me ask you this, if the guy was Arab, would you still think Jim should mind his own business?

Seriously who the f gave me a negative with the word 'idiot'? I had 2 neutral replies.

The hilarious irony being that the comment was nameless and granted in a thread about someone going forward publicly....

I feel like a Mass resident. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom