Zero Hour turns in pipe bomb builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
To one not familiar with players (objective), it seems Shepard acted according to his conscience. He perceived someone who posed a danger to himself or others.

And you gotta love the comedy: "...He was the object of a 2005 restraining order filed by the mother of his daughter. The couple also have a 6-month-old baby."

How's that restraining order working? Maybe it was a restrain-me-please order? [smile]

Odd, home made pipe bombs are the same as a legally own firearm?

In what regard? In the regard that I should be able to do what I want in my home if it doesn't affect you? Or are you referring to them not being illegal? So he reports all illegal activity he spots? Speeders? Post ban mags? The more I think about it, the more I decide he's a rat who will never get my business. Hopefully, nobody will invite him over. You'd better not bring him a malfunctioning firearm, either. If it shoots more than 2 rounds with a trigger pull, you're going to the big house.

And you gotta love the comedy: "...He was the object of a 2005 restraining order filed by the mother of his daughter. The couple also have a 6-month-old baby."

How's that restraining order working? Maybe it was a restrain-me-please order?

Sounds like the RO was either never completed or subsequently vacated (if I am using the correct legal terms).

In any case I have to side with Mr. Sheppard. We had a case similar to this in South Hadley where a 17 year old HS drop-out was ordering chemicals and in some cases making explosives out of them.

Sounds like the RO was either never completed or subsequently vacated (if I am using the correct legal terms).

In any case I have to side with Mr. Sheppard. We had a case similar to this in South Hadley where a 17 year old HS drop-out was ordering chemicals and in some cases making explosives out of them.

So if I loaned you my car and you found an unsecured shotgun shell under the seat, you'd turn me in? Good to know.

What part of illegal is the problem. These bombs could have ended up in a school or mall who knows what. Homemade explosives in today's world is not good period.

It's a tough call, but I don't believe it's anyone's business to be a rat. This is very unfortunate, because we should have the freedom to do or build whatever the hell we went. Explosives, ammunition, firearms, etc. It shouldn't be a crime to have such things, only a crime to use them to cause danger to others or to commit a crime. Because this gentlement did niether of these things, one cannot assume that he's up to no good just because he enjoy's making explosive devices. Jeez, we certainly aren't going to be talking like sheep now. It's called FREEDOM! If I want to make pipe bombs, that should be my right. If I want to use it to commit a crime, now I'm a criminal and hsould be punished.

What part of illegal is the problem. These bombs could have ended up in a school or mall who knows what. Homemade explosives in today's world is not good period.

That sounds like liberal jibber-jabber to me. Replace the word bomb with gun's and you'd be ready to enlist in the million mom march [rolleyes]

I think Sheppard did the right thing. I've bought a gun from him before and may again in the future.

Unlike when Northeast Trading called the Attorney General and ratted on Bass Pro Shops, we don't know the entire story here and may never.

I know I'll still shop there.

Cut & paste...

By John R. Ellement and Andrew Ryan, Globe Staff

EAST BRIDGEWATER -- More than 30 explosions have rattled windows in a leafy neighborhood here since the State Police bomb squad descended on a yellow Colonial-style home Thursday evening and allegedly found a cache of pipe bombs, according to police and neighbors.

The largest blast came just after midnight, when authorities blanketed the area with automated phone calls warning residents to brace themselves.

"It rattled the windows," said Jim Widenfeller, who lives a fifth of a mile away. "It really rocked the neighborhood."

The owner of the yellow Colonial, Michael Ambrose, was arraigned today in Brockton District Court on charges of intimidating a witness, possession of one OxyContin pill, and 35 counts of possessing infernal machines.

Defense attorney John Creedon said after the arraignment that there was no evidence to suggest that his client was “psychotic or threatened to kill anyone.” Creedon described the explosives as a hobby for the 41-year-old landscaper who “is interested in chemistry and has been building various types of pipe bombs since his high school years.”

State Fire Marshall Stephen Coan said the pipe bombs were "very dangerous with the potential for great harm" that required the State Police bomb squad and several other agencies to work “long hours to stabilize the area and render safe those devices."

"This is one of the largest quantities of hazardous devices that has been found in one location in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in recent memory,” Coan said.

Officers executed a search warrant at Ambrose’s East Street home after receiving a tip from an Easton gun shop owner named James Sheppard, according to an East Bridgewater police report filed today in court. Sheppard told police that three weeks ago Ambrose “came into my shop in Easton saying that he gets drunk and makes booms.”

Sheppard dismissed Ambrose’s talk as nonsense until the gun dealer visited his East Bridgewater home Thursday to inspect an all-terrain vehicle he was selling, according to the report. Sheppard saw the explosives and went to police.

According to his defense attorney, Ambrose does not have a criminal record. He has licenses to possess firearms and a carry concealed weapons. Officer found eight rifles, shotguns, and handguns when they searched his home, according to the report.

Ambrose has run his own landscaping business for the last 17 years, Creedon said. He was the object of a 2005 restraining order filed in Plymouth Probate and Family Court by the mother of his daughter, who is now 5 years old. The couple also have a 6-month-old baby, according to Creedon, who did not know the child’s gender.

Police, fire, and emergency vehicles converged on Ambrose’s home Thursday at 6 p.m. Police marked off a 250-foot perimeter around the yellow house and evacuated the nearest homes. Neighbor Julie Aldrich said this morning that she has lived on East Street her entire life and never met Ambrose.

“What was he planning to do with all of that stuff?” Aldrich asked. “I hope they find that out. We all want to know that.”

Ok, so the guy stated he drinks and makes bombs, consider the RO which may suggest a tendency towards violence and the fact that he's got 35 bombs ready to go.

Uh... I'm with Mr Sheppard on this one.

Sounds like it was just a matter of time before he blew himself and maybe a few others to bits.

Unlike when Northeast Trading called the Attorney General and ratted on Bass Pro Shops, we don't know the entire story here and may never.

I know I'll still shop there.

How do we not know the whole story? He gave it in an interview.

Ok, so the guy stated he drinks and makes bombs, consider the RO which may suggest a tendency towards violence and the fact that he's got 35 bombs ready to go.

Sounds like it was just a matter of time before he blew himself and maybe a few others to bits.

Just a matter of time before you shoot yourself. Better give up your guns.

The "logic" of some people on this board stuns me. Sheppard did a good thing because this guy was engaging in something that is incredibly dangerous, legalities aside. I'm with you MrTwigg.

Gary

The "logic" of some people on this board stuns me. Sheppard did a good thing because this guy was engaging in something that is incredibly dangerous, legalities aside. I'm with you MrTwigg.

Gary

Guns are incredibly dangerous when improperly used. Better turn them in. That's the logic that stuns me.

Well don't you need a federal license in the first place to make destructive devices? I would certainly place a pipe bomb up there with a grenade or other explosive device. I would think that the ATF would frown upon someone with a pipe bomb hobby.

So let me get this straight. We are supporting this guys building of dangerous pipe bombs. So he he decides to put one in your mailbox and it goes off when the kids go by it's just clean fun.

When pipe bombs are outlawed, only outlaws will have pipe bombs !

As he now is. A self-employed business adult with no criminal record who is stupid enough to build pipe bombs. To our knowledge he's never hurt anyone, he's never had an accident. He's extremely safe.

But nosy guy, possibly with a grudge, couldn't mind his own business.

So let me get this straight. We are supporting this guys building of dangerous pipe bombs. So he he decides to put one in your mailbox and it goes off when the kids go by it's just clean fun.

You're absolutely right. We'd better take away your guns, just in case you decide to shoot someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom