Zero Hour turns in pipe bomb builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "practical" was about self defense. I don't word things too well when I'm watching the Celtics. A handgun is practical for self defense, a H&K MP-7 is practical for self defense, but a bomb is not.

No, but I think he's trying to actually back your point by saying that just because something doesn't have an apparent practical purpose, it shouldn't be illegal.

Clearly no one has enjoyed the fun of shooting tannerite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li0KSIzROEc&feature=related

Tannerite is often sold in pre-sized and shaped explosives for avalanche control and police use.

Since the two components are not explosive until mixed, they can legally be purchased without a license. Combining the components constitutes manufacturing explosives. In most parts of the United States, this is legal for personal use.

Tannerite consists of two components, a sensitizer and a bulk material. The bulk material is a mixture of ammonium nitrate and ammonium perchlorate, while the sensitizer is a mixture of dark flake aluminium powder and a small amount of zirconium hydride. Simpler mixtures of ammonium nitrate and aluminium powder are also known to work, but are less sensitive and harder to reliably detonate.

I don't think any of us can second guess the guy for reporting him since we weren't there. I don't like the idea of ratting him out...but none of us know how this person behaved. If the defendant came accross as irrational, scary, and otherwise nutty it was probably the right thing to do. My guess is that he said or did something (other than joking about making pipe-bombs) to really cause concern...

It doesn't bother me if someone negs me and doesn't sign their name. You can usually figure it out anyway.

It's hitting every post in a childish fit that bothered me. I don't even know why it ticked me off. It's not like it made my wife stop loving me or my dog stop snoring.

+1

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

/\ That's freaking hilarious.

However, I'm still whailing on the horse because I'm starting to wondering why I feel entitled to a full auto AR-15 but I don't like the thought of this guy making bombs.

I just realized I got some negative rep points. One person just said "f*** You" and to you i hope your dick and/or vagina or mangina rots off.

The person who said personal attacks aren't needed I admit the al-queda thing was a little rough but I don't give a rats ass that someone is a full time government worker.

Trout,

bombs are as dangerous as guns. It all depends on who's using them.

Last edited:
I just realized I got some negative rep points. One person just said "f*** You" and to you i hope your dick and/or vagina or mangina rots off.

The person who said personal attacks aren't needed I admit the al-queda thing was a little rough but I don't give a rats ass that someone is a full time government worker.

Thanks for pointing that out. People leaving comments like that in REP will be dealt with.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I start to side with this guy. I think it's just because of my ignorance about bombs that I had a negative inital reaction to the story. Though I feel that guns are, in general, more practical than bombs, some guns are not practical, simply fun. Bombs are fun too, and if the guy is responsible then he should be allowed to have his fun.

Oh, and vellnueve to answer your question, a trout bomb is something you make after eating too many wings.

Last edited:
Now i've never made any bombs but I do have an in depth/expanded electronic copy of the anarchists cookbook, would that make me a semi-hypocrite throughout this thread or no?

I hope now that everyone can shake hands and be friends again, we are all brothers and sisters (I've noticed the women were smart and stayed out of this) sharing in the same cause here. United We Stand, you know the rest...

Blitz1

Now i've never made any bombs but I do have an in depth/expanded electronic copy of the anarchists cookbook, would that make me a semi-hypocrite throughout this thread or no?

Nope. The only thing that I think makes you a hypocrite is you think bombs are dangerous.

I hope now that everyone can shake hands and be friends again, we are all brothers and sisters (I've noticed the women were smart and stayed out of this) sharing in the same cause here. United We Stand, you know the rest...

Blitz1

+1 we all have an opinion, but it's important to remember we are on the SAME TEAM.

The more I think about this, the more I think that Martlet is absolutely right, and here is why. Our government and legal system suck.

Prosecutors use the office for personal aggrandizement (see Spitzer, Eliot), judges "interpret" the laws, judgment is passed by 12 random people (who in Massachusetts likely would happily convict any of us for merely owning a gun if a prosecutor told them to), and if found guilty there is the penal system -- basically a death sentence for any decent person adverse to forced sodomy and other perversions.

For the fortunate one who makes it through this pathetic excuse for justice, there is the misery of likely incarceration during trial ("too dangerous to release" the prosecutor will no doubt argue), the promise of bankruptcy, loss of reputation, hell for family and close friends, and the end of their career. So, the question is, how bad must someone's actions be before you decide to throw them under the bus of the criminal justice system in this country, and particularly in Massachusetts?

Last edited:
[wave]

I signed it, too.

Getting called Hadji after losing some brothers to them will get you an F You from me every time.

As well it should. That post earned one of the very few negative rep points I've ever given. I never give negative rep to people I just disagree with. However, there's no need for personal attacks, and I found that one particularly vile.

OK, I'm officially hijacking this thread.

About 4:15 this afternoon I saw a truck eastbound on Rt 2 heading toward 128 that was hauling a gorgeous brass Napoleon cannon on a trailer. Speaking of dangerous explosives. Anyone have any idea where it was going?
I'm amazed it made it through Concord and Lincoln without some a-hole calling SWAT.
Maybe a re-enactment?

OK, I'm officially hijacking this thread.

About 4:15 this afternoon I saw a truck eastbound on Rt 2 heading toward 128 that was hauling a gorgeous brass Napoleon cannon on a trailer. Speaking of dangerous explosives. Anyone have any idea where it was going?
I'm amazed it made it through Concord and Lincoln without some a-hole calling SWAT.
Maybe a re-enactment?

It was coming to my house. 4 calls were made to the ma state police and in a suprising turn of events, they were all told to GROW UP!

All I know is that I went downstairs and my GF is asleep because I've been upstairs all night reading this thread. I'm sure she will not be happy when I wake her up and try to get some. So thanks a lot everyone for making me ignore my darling sweetheart...[laugh][crying]

I'm gonna get it (not the good way) when she wakes up. [sad2]

To you maybe. Just because you don't like to blow shit up doesn't mean I don't. My bomb may just give me as much enjoyment as your SVI.

I used to blow a lot of stuff up and I had a lot of fun doing it.

If we're talking firecrackers - even those on steroids - no big problem. The intent is not to harm anyone.

A pipe bomb, however, is designed to general metal shards (commonly, but incorrectly, called "shrapnel"); i.e., it is DESIGNED to kill/injure people.

That is NOT recreational/entertainment explosives. [frown]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom