• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour turns in pipe bomb builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting aside the fact that I consider Jim, Marc and Don from ZHA good friends of mine, I think Jim made the right decision.

For those of you that are comparing pipe-bombs to guns, get a friggin life. Pipe-bombs and guns have only one thing in common, gunpowder. Whens the last time you thought you needed a pipe-bomb to protect your self or house? Whens the last time you needed to conceal a pipe-bomb because you thought you were traveling through a unsafe area?

All those who are comparing ZHA to NET get a friggin life. Calling the AG on BassPro about selling some guns that don't meet some bullshit criteria, and calling the cops on a guy who is making bombs are two totally different things. Let me ask you this, if the guy was Arab, would you still think Jim should mind his own business?

Brady Bunch! Brady Bunch! Brady Bunch!

Whens the last time you thought you needed a pipe-bomb to protect your self or house? Whens the last time you needed to conceal a pipe-bomb because you thought you were traveling through a unsafe area?

Hey, I was driving through a section of Lawrence the other day where I felt uncomfortable without having a SAW, a few extra belts of ammo and an RPG or three in the trunk. Part of that city looks like Mogadishu, minus volume of gunfire and size of explosions. [laugh] Baltimore's outer harbor offers a similar experience. [laugh]

-Mike

I think we all need to inject a bit of common sense into this whole thing.

If I knew any of you were doing something like this I wouldn't give a rat's ass, since I know that most of you are sane, decent people.

But there are some idiots out there that I would absolutely rat them out to the cops, since they are so messed-up that I know there's a good chance they'll do something nasty with something like that. The same would also go for some wanker building pipe-bombs in an apartment complex. I don't give a shit if they're stupid and burn down their own home, but I draw the line when it's someone else's property on the line.

I didn't know I had to be in fear of my life to own AR's, M1's, .50's, hey but great logic with that one. Why do I need to know how to read? I might just be smart enough to take over the king right?

Seriously who the f gave me a negative with the word 'idiot'? I had 2 neutral replies.

The hilarious irony being that the comment was nameless and granted in a thread about someone going forward publicly....

I feel like a Mass resident. :(

Wasn't me. Like I said, someone else was mass negging people too.

Brady Bunch! Brady Bunch! Brady Bunch!

[rofl]

Hey, I was driving through a section of Lawrence the other day where I felt uncomfortable without having a SAW, a few extra belts of ammo and an RPG or three in the trunk. Part of that city looks like Mogadishu, minus volume of gunfire and size of explosions. [laugh] Baltimore's outer harbor offers a similar experience. [laugh]

-Mike

That's how I feel in Chinatown after dark.

If invading hordes of zombies or some such thing decide to lay waste to your neighborhood,you will wish you had some pipe bombs laying around.So therefore,pipe bombs CAN be used in self defense.Of course I only make this hypothetical since this whole thread is filled with every kind of hypothetical situation one can think of.

I hope no-one here has over the mandated amount of gunpowder MA permits,otherwise you might hurt someone.

\Matter of fact,everyone that does have over the legal amount of powder just go ahead and turn yourselves in now so you won't be swimming in the sea of hypocrisy.[wink]

I think we all need to inject a bit of common sense into this whole thing.

If I knew any of you were doing something like this I wouldn't give a rat's ass, since I know that most of you are sane, decent people.

But there are some idiots out there that I would absolutely rat them out to the cops, since they are so messed-up that I know there's a good chance they'll do something nasty with something like that. The same would also go for some wanker building pipe-bombs in an apartment complex. I don't give a shit if they're stupid and burn down their own home, but I draw the line when it's someone else's property on the line.

Your common sense isn't really making any sense at all..Who are you to judge another person as to whether or not they are an idiot ? I think Obama is an idiot,but that doesn't make it so,does it ?

So in essence,if you deem me an idiot I should damn well make sure none of my magazines say "Law Enforcement Only" on them.Since I am an idiot,I could use one of those mags to cause harm to a non-idiot,right ?

Last edited:
If invading hordes of zombies or some such thing decide to lay waste to your neighborhood,you will wish you had some pipe bombs laying around.So therefore,pipe bombs CAN be used in self defense.

I hope no-one here has over the mandated amount of gunpowder MA permits,otherwise you might hurt someone.

\Matter of fact,everyone that does have over the legal amount of powder just go ahead and turn yourselves in now so you won't swimming the the sea of hypocrisy.[wink]

I have a permit. I think this allows me to have up to 50,000 centerfire rounds, 24 lbs of smokeless powder, 5000 primers, etc. The irony is- that's an arsenal isn't it? [laugh]

Is there anyone you know that I should rat out for their own good?

I have a permit. I think this allows me to have up to 50,000 centerfire rounds, 24 lbs of smokeless powder, 5000 primers, etc. The irony is- that's an arsenal isn't it? [laugh]

Is there anyone you know that I should rat out for their own good?

If the permit says 24LBS of smokeless,and you have 25...Turn yourself in now before some innocent children die and you blow the neighborhood up..

Matter of fact,You must be thinking about adding some ammo and more powder..You should be prosecuted to the fullest extent for thought crimes.Seriously,just think of what you can do.[smile]

Do I know anyone that should be ratted out ?

I dunno,but maybe you should call the cops,ya know,just in case.

Last edited:
I never thought I would see the day when Gun owners act like soccer moms with the mention of the word pipe bomb.

Aside from all the great discussion here, I have to admit that no matter how serious the topic at hand, that term "infernal machine" makes me laugh every time I see it.

I never thought I would see the day when Gun owners act like soccer moms with the mention of the word pipe bomb.

After the guy found a piece of brass in his shoe at Dicks and thought he would get in trouble,nothing here surprises me anymore.[smile]

To get a realistic feel about the situation,repost this article on Arfcom where people who haven't been living under the thumb of the king thier whole lives can comment.

The same people who posted here,should also post there.[rofl]

Last edited:
Aside from all the great discussion here, I have to admit that no matter how serious the topic at hand, that term "infernal machine" makes me laugh every time I see it.

+1 I didn't even see the post you are talking about and I'm still giggling. [smile]

Infernal machinery (Don't turn me in!):

mouse_trap_board_and_boxjpg.jpg

I guess then my right to have firearms ends with your right to not be shot.

If I'm not infringing on you're god given right to prosper and procreate, then I have the right not to be blown up. If I cross that line, then you have the right to crack my skull with a rock, stick, .45 or a bomb.
As far as I'm concerned, what ever you are able to aquire to defend that right is ok with me. But if you step out of line, we the people should have the right to deal with you.

For those interested, Fox seems to have the best coverage of this, including
clips of Jim talking.... they also show the bomb squad guys blowing the things
up, etc. They don't seem all that ferocious to me... although I'm not
exactly sure how they're blowing them up, either.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/ (should show up on video clicker
thing...)

It ranks right up there with "ZOOBOW" and "Kung Fu Klacker". [laugh]

-Mike

If I'm not infringing on you're god given right to prosper and procreate, then I have the right not to be blown up. If I cross that line, then you have the right to crack my skull with a rock, stick, .45 or a bomb.
As far as I'm concerned, what ever you are able to aquire to defend that right is ok with me. But if you step out of line, we the people should have the right to deal with you.

Is making a bomb for personal use stepping out of line?

Well, it's small and cylindrical...

Seriously though, I think more will be reported on this story in coming days and we'll know more about what happened here. Like I said, I support Sheppard's decision, it's a judgement call and he thought there was a potential problem (and this is a guy who probably sells more class 3s than anyone else in the state). On the whole ideological issue, I really don't have an opinion.

Last edited:
What's the personal use of 40 of them?

Have you been drinking tonight?????? Why the F do you need 30 guns then????? Why do you need to buy cases of ammo and hordes of mags???

Come on BJ... You sound like my Hillary supporting Notes programmer.

I think my left arm is getting numb, if I go in to cardiac arrest and die over this moonbattery you f-ers are going to pay! [angry]

Det cord and trees is where the fun is at. Nothing says massive deforestation like good old American det cord. [smile]

Guys I don't know how you can be against any American wanting to blow shit up on his own property when it doesn't harm anyone.

I think my left arm is getting numb, if I go in to cardiac arrest and die over this moonbattery you f-ers are going to pay! [angry]

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Guys I don't know how you can be against any American wanting to blow shit up on his own property when it doesn't harm anyone.

Because it might hurt someone,is the feeling I am getting.No mistaking this forum as a MA forum,that's for damn sure.

Christ,I'm thinking some of you would vote for Ted Kennedy if he supported the 2nd... [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom