• Sometimes

Votes: 183 47.9%
  • I don't own one

Votes: 96 25.1%
  • I would never carry a .380

Votes: 44 11.5%

• Total voters
Is that the 238? Got a picture?
It is 👍 I have a friend that works for sig in NH. he did some work on it for me including an ambidextrous safety because I’m left handed

Attachments

• 2F9B9E71-F521-4CDD-8BF2-444CEB5CBB46.jpeg
    2F9B9E71-F521-4CDD-8BF2-444CEB5CBB46.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • E22CAEB6-44DF-45E1-89F6-8DEF65E4B9BF.jpeg
    E22CAEB6-44DF-45E1-89F6-8DEF65E4B9BF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
So at 1:13 Omar carries a 1911 Mexican style with the hammer down and as he says, “one in the pipe?” Brother M wasn’t sweating because he wasn’t in any danger of getting shot.
How many people rack a 1911 then slowly lower the hammer for carry lol lol

I’d gotten over my desire for a .380. Then I read an article in American Rifkeman recently that makes me want a Browning 10/22. I was resisting well. Now you’ve got me itching again.
I bought that when the R51 came out, then crashed and burned. I thought the R51 looked cool, and all the articles raved about how great the old Model 51 was: that it was ahead of its time, that the ergonomics were legendary, yada yada.

So? I picked one up.

It's a fun, fun piece. It would be ideal for carry in many ways even now: the size is great, it fits the hand well, it's skinny as hell, it points like all the articles say it does, and it's snag-free. The only drawback is the capacity, really, and then there are a bunch of safeties to learn about. But yeah; great little piece. They were cheap when I picked that up, but probably not anymore.

I bought that when the R51 came out, then crashed and burned. I thought the R51 looked cool, and all the articles raved about how great the old Model 51 was: that it was ahead of its time, that the ergonomics were legendary, yada yada.

So? I picked one up.

It's a fun, fun piece. It would be ideal for carry in many ways even now: the size is great, it fits the hand well, it's skinny as hell, it points like all the articles say it does, and it's snag-free. The only drawback is the capacity, really, and then there are a bunch of safeties to learn about. But yeah; great little piece. They were cheap when I picked that up, but probably not anymore.

You got an R51 that wasnt broken? dude you should video it because that shits a miracle

Kinda looks like a PPK. Is that a licensing thing? Not gonna lie. I still want a PPK despite all the terrible things I hear about them. My childhood Bond fascination dictates that I buy one eventually.

Get a German made one and you’ll be fine. I’ve had mine 30 years and a ton of round fired. I’ve had one feed issue, replaced the spring and it as good as new

Love my G42, so easy to conceal in the summer. I do switch to my Sig 365 when clothing allows.

Not to be argumentative, just say’n.

I own both of those and have to say they are in practicality the same size. The advantage does go to the G42 in weight by -4oz empty and the lighter ammo, but size wise there doesn’t seem a big difference from point of view.

🐯

Bought an Interarms PPK/S in 1984,, still carry it today, reliable as gravity and every bit as good as its german brothers.
It gets confusing because Interarms both imported and manufactured in the US. The PPK/s was Walther's way around the restriction on imports in the GCA68. How sure are you its a US production?

Another PPK here. I swapped out the Hornady with the red tips for Sig V Crown. 100% reliable so far, it’s the new Ft. Smith Ark. Walther. Tried to pocket carry the 938 but the safety flipped off once so it’s banished to iwb if I carry it at all. Seecamp the other half of the time because it’s just so easy. The PPK like mentioned earlier has the action like my Beretta 92, and my SR22 so it’s familiar. Seecamp is easy with no safety dao. Can’t even feel it in my pocket. I can’t say enough about these Mitch Rosen Pocket Softly holsters. Very comfortable and really easy to take out of your pocket when you’re done for the day. 65408B1E-E732-4ACB-8B8F-31FEA56DEF90.jpeg C3C8ACFF-C5E7-46C7-9CD5-EFD2C38301CE.jpeg

Not to be argumentative, just say’n.

I own both of those and have to say they are in practicality the same size. The advantage does go to the G42 in weight by -4oz empty and the lighter ammo, but size wise there doesn’t seem a big difference from point of view.

🐯
Funny enough, never had them side by side. It certainly feels much smaller and lighter, now I'll have to check em out. The 365 is much newer to me as well.

have a walther ppk just because of the classic look and it conceals well in the summer and hides well in a shoulder holster. also a seecamp 32 cal for the beach in a iwb holster

Me too, for the same reasons (the PPK).

One of my first guns was a PPK/S, (Interarms); which I bought because "Bond". It was a double/single and it often wouldn't ignite the primer on the first bullet. Which made it a TERRIBLE carry gun. I went from that to a Colt Defender, and then years later to Glocks.

My wife hates my Glocks, she has Sigs. She's got the 232, which is very like the PPK, and a couple of 238's. I convinced her a while ago to go to 9mm, and she's got an Honor Guard for a carry gun and a 320 for the range.

Honor Guard is a nice little 9mm that's not well known outside of GA.

Back
Top Bottom