Votes: 59 15.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 183 47.9%
  • I don't own one

Votes: 96 25.1%
  • I would never carry a .380

Votes: 44 11.5%

• Total voters
Things have changed a bit in 3 years since these posts.
Not really. 380 is still anemic vs 9mm but it's miles better than a lot of its tiny peers.

ETA: I will concede that the selection of 380 handguns you can buy nowadays is pretty f****** good in terms of the actual guns themselves..... thats come a ways.

Last edited:
Yes, the ammunition has improved a bit, even more compared to 10 years ago.

What I meant was the little pistols have improved. Lighter and more reliable, and even 10 rounds capacity in the same small size frame.

I loaded my 380’s with Fiocchi Extrema 90gr xtp’s. It’s what I have a bunch of. I haven’t carried one in a couple years though. May have to look for some GD or HST for a small stock.

8F72811A-E6F2-406B-85D9-9CD50249FFAB.jpeg

I’m guilty of it also. I’ve been pocket carrying an LCP max all summer. 12+1 rounds is pretty good, but when you shoot steel plates, it’s kind of embarrassing compared to the small 9mm guns out there. Sometimes the .380 won’t even knock them down unless you hit high enough to get some leverage

Last edited:
View attachment 677757

I’m guilty of it also. I’ve been pocket carrying an LCP max all summer. 12+1 rounds is pretty good, but when you shoot steel plates, it’s kind of embarrassing compared to the small 9mm guns out there. Sometimes the .380 won’t even knock them down unless you hit high enough to get some leverage

If steel plates are robbing the 7-11 I’m sneaking out the back and calling NASA.

I love my sig 380 ! My everyday Cary with critical defense ammo. May not be a bear stopping 45 but it’s still going to hurt like hell if god forbid I ever have to shoot you 👍🇺🇸

Summer pocket carry is my Kimber Micro 380 in a Desantis Nemasis holster. Total comfort.

This, x eleventybillion.
If I was shooting people every day for my job, I may consider a 9mm or a .40, but for my needs comfortably pocket carrying a 380 in my camo cargo shorts is just fine for me.
YMMV.

The best carry gun is the one you'll carry. For some people that means a micro .380. I carry a Bodyguard when I ride my bicycle as that's the only thing small/light enough I'm going to carry while riding and I'd prefer not to get my EDC all schweddy.

I wish I had bookmarked the several articles I've seen over the years that show stats on actual self-defense shootings vs. cartridge. It seems there is little difference between cartridges above .25ACP in "end the threat within 2 or 3 shots" performance. All but drug-crazed psychos either give up or are disabled after some ventilation.

The best carry gun is the one you'll carry. For some people that means a micro .380. I carry a Bodyguard when I ride my bicycle as that's the only thing small/light enough I'm going to carry while riding and I'd prefer not to get my EDC all schweddy.
Yup. A .22 in the pocket beats a .45 in the safe.

.380 is a popular round in FL.

I have friends in AZ who also swear by it and carry it regularly

If you are in an area where lightweight clothing is the norm, .380 will punch thru it and do the job as long as you are using a quality self defense round IMHO

My neighbor has two Bursa Thunder .380's and he swears by them....

If you are in an area where lightweight clothing is the norm, .380 will punch thru it and do the job as long as you are using a quality self defense round IMHO

One for each hand

Is it popular because light clothing or is it popular because people are wearing shorts all day and it is lighter / easier to conceal?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom