• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which stereotype gun owner annoys you the most?

Public run, unsupervised ranges are magnets for the worst of the worst. My friend and I drove out to one to find a couple guys had pulled their pickup up to the firing line so they could shoot out of the bed while crushing some Natty Light. Another time some elite operator called a cease-fire on the entire range so he could practice advancing down the range while firing including a loud shout of "RELOADING". I guess this was to impress some girl that was there with him. Another often featured some weird guy sitting in his truck all day so he could collect the brass. Never saw him actually shooting, just lurking in the parking lot. He would hustle over when you started sweeping up to make sure you didn't drop your brass into the locked recycling chute.

Ranges that have gun rentals are death traps. Muzzles everywhere.

Public run, unsupervised ranges are magnets for the worst of the worst. My friend and I drove out to one to find a couple guys had pulled their pickup up to the firing line so they could shoot out of the bed while crushing some Natty Light. Another time some elite operator called a cease-fire on the entire range so he could practice advancing down the range while firing including a loud shout of "RELOADING". I guess this was to impress some girl that was there with him. Another often featured some weird guy sitting in his truck all day so he could collect the brass. Never saw him actually shooting, just lurking in the parking lot. He would hustle over when you started sweeping up to make sure you didn't drop your brass into the locked recycling chute.

Let me guess.....Martin burns?

Let me guess.....Martin burns?

These were South Carolina DNR ranges. Total zoo. But I did enjoy my fair share of watermelons and cans of soda exploding, but always cleaned up after ourselves. Unsupervised ranges can be fun if you have it alone and trust the people you're with...

They were always in danger of being closed because people would leave trash and shot up appliances down range.

Lol I've used tons of champion and had no problems, then again my stash is still from SandyHookmasterScare
era.

The worst stuff at tramlaw was Perfecta. God that stuff is weak.. but even that is still good enough for general
blasting.

-Mike
Man I wish they still had the perfecta brand. Yes loaded light but the 45acp I was purchasing was good for general range use......never had a reliability problem with it and it was brass case. For $15 a box vs aluminum case crap from federal that my 45 acp handguns choked on it was a bargain.

These were South Carolina DNR ranges. Total zoo. But I did enjoy my fair share of watermelons and cans of soda exploding, but always cleaned up after ourselves. Unsupervised ranges can be fun if you have it alone and trust the people you're with...

They were always in danger of being closed because people would leave trash and shot up appliances down range.
Yeah....Martin burns is a WMA that has a public range. Went there twice.....once it was closed when it was clearly supposed to be open......the other I kept getting muzzle swept by some jackasses and left. There was trash everywhere.

Glad I joined a good club.

Compared to a lot of the loop club ranges inside the 95 belt I'd rather take my chances at those places. Yee-haws are annoying but range nazis are
worse. At least with those places you can probably time your visit to avoid most of the "Scrum scree" types by getting their earlier etc. (although this
is a useful loop club strategy too, most of the people I know that actually like their "loop club experience" go there when the nazis aren't around. )

Depends on where you go. I've never had a problem with MFL. Then again the dividers are big and solid enough that a handgun bullet won't likely penetrate
them, and the staff is typically hawk-eyed about people being morons.

-Mike

The overbearing RSO that stands over my shoulder, or stands at the other end staring as myself and a buddy enjoy the range. He only does it because we aren’t over the age of 50.

nonstop.jpg
the fakers who make their livings with guns, but then try to take our guns away...

The "I'll take you to the range guy."

Shows up completely unprepared. No eye or ear protection.
Settles for giving the guest sunglasses and cheap foam plugs on the indoor range.
Minimal if any safety/range rules reviewed before blasting away.
New shooter has a miserable time. Can't see anything and ears ring for days.

I don't understand why it's wrong to physically help some comely lass who's having, or not, an issue with her stance. Just trying to help!

FUDD's..."I support the 2nd Amendment...but NOBODY needs [insert whatever firearm here]...

F@CK those people...twice
Finish it for them “a scoped, high powered, sniper rifle”

As the oath breaker says “If you need that gun to hunt, your not a good hunter”

The " I own guns just for my own enjoyment and don't understand or appreciate any of the privilege's we have in the united states that other people don't and take it all for granted if they ban them I will just find a new hobby" guy (or gal, don't want to be sexist. )

The guy who has an AR but thinks no one should have them or they need to be locked behind extra red tape, even worse than a fudd who won't touch them. Also I'm totally the "can I try" guy but with the critical exception of generally having a lot of my own ammo :p. Since I'm here, anyone have any cool AR/AKs I can shoot? :p

Ohhh, the guy someone you just met knows that has guns and they swear you would have gay sex with them because you both own guns.

Worse than that "seasonal" guy that takes all our money, buys all the lowers, then effs us all over?

Worse than that "seasonal" guy that takes all our money, buys all the lowers, then effs us all over?
I have no idea what you’re referencing here, but according to another post you made, you will soon have no such worries and be buying consecutive serial numbered lowers by the truckload!!

I don’t know if it’s an actual stereotype, but there once was this guy that was afraid to shoot a mossy 12gauge.........

I have no idea what you’re referencing here, but according to another post you made, you will soon have no such worries and be buying consecutive serial numbered lowers by the truckload!!

yes sir i will be going nucking futz very soon lol

the reference was to a member that ran a group buy, royally screwed it up, and made mortal enemies out of many of us. Post Newtown insanity prevailed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom