• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What was your first?

First gun I bought after getting my FID was a Marlin semi auto .22 rifle with a scope. Took out a lot of cans with that gun. I ended up trading it in for a Montgomery Ward 12 gauge pump a few years later. I wish I had kept the rifle though. That 12 gauge was a piece of junk.

Bought a Ruger P91DC .40 cal. in 1998, at the Foxboro Gun Show. It's a 2 tone Tank that's still in my safe.
My p95 was joined a few years ago by a similar generation 2000 or so p90. I still love the 9mm version, but all of them are just well built tanks. Except for the retaining clip on the guide rod. :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

First gun I owned or legally own? First gun I owned was purchased when I was sixteen ... long story. J.P. Sauer & Sohn Model 1913 .32 ACP , has >95% finish. First legally purchased is a .380 Manhurrin, copy of the Walther PPK/S. Bought it in 1986 for self-defense. Also recently bought the first gun I ever shot, a Beretta 950 in .22 short (Minx), made in Italy. Belonged to a neighbor of my parents, I was four years old when I shot it. Can attribute my love of guns to this incident firing it in my neighbor's basement range.

I still have the Manhurrin and the 1913, although don't shoot either of these "legacy" guns anymore.

Last edited:
In 2006 I bought a 'used' un-fired Beretta Cougar 8000F in Lowell (I lived nearby at the time). The preservative grease had taken on a wax like state. The pistol is a keeper. I was sold when I handled it and It's still a favorite shooter. Right out of the tupperware the action felt like smooth pieces of glass separated by grease. I've always wondered if it was a factory tuned special. The only thing I've purchased since that is as high a grade is my S&W PC1911 for twice the money.

Inherited a 10/22 rifle that was in the family. First purchase was a Walther PPK/S in .380 from Rileys in 1984. Still have both, the Walther being my daily carry.

I grew up in a anti-gun household, though I never subscribed to those ideals. Because of that, I didn't get off my ass and get my LTC until this year (I am 35). My first purchase was a Ruger LC9s at The Gun Parlor in beautiful Wister.

I grew up in a anti-gun household, though I never subscribed to those ideals. Because of that, I didn't get off my ass and get my LTC until this year (I am 35). My first purchase was a Ruger LC9s at The Gun Parlor in beautiful Wister.

Nice screen name. Love The League

When I was 18 I bought a Mossberg .22mag bolt gun. Lots of accuracy and a pos. bolt that never stayed fully in battery. Traded it for a compound bow.

What was the first firearm you bought for your self? How old were you when you bought it? I got my FID card in 1970,I just turned 18, went to Bruce Richardsons' Frontier Gun Shop in Downtown Danvers Ma. Bought a really nice Marlin 7 shot lever action .44 mag, for $98 , to go deer hunting with my older brother who just returned home from his tour in the Marines. Still have it and it's one of my most prized possessions.

MAK90 from Seacoast Firearms....$250

Sold it in late 90's never thinking about the hassle/price to replace it...WTF

Used to work in the fields to buy school clothes as a kid and had a good season when I was 9 years old. Mom was proud of how much money I made and let me buy a used model 67 single shot winchester 22 for $10.

Cite; Rationale

I don't what its called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes another mans life.
Give me a break...

Uh, since at least one other person didn't recognize that movie quote...

First: Ruger MkIII 22/45 ...
^ This.
Bull barrel. ...

P. S. We started with a .22 pistol because of Kim du Toit's maxim to get lots of practice with cheap .22 and transfer the skills to shooting pricier centerfire.

I wish he hadn't torn down his blog before we got licensed. I'd really have enjoyed picking it over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruger 10/22 rifle bought in Newport, NH at a hardware store when I was 14 years old. I think they had just started making this model that year and I'm thinking it was made right there at the Ruger plant.

Back
Top Bottom