What was the first gun you BOUGHT

Marlin "Glenfield" model 60 semi-auto .22 that came from the K-mart in Milford back around 1978. Followed shortly thereafter by a Ruger MK-II 5.5" bull barrel. I was behind the mill by my house rapid firing the Ruger one Saturday and my dad showed up and was very concerned that I had a "machine gun". I guess my trigger finger was pretty fast, even back there. [grin]

My first gun i bought was a ruger p90. Sold it to a NESer 6 months ago. It was an accurate gun just very bulky and crude. Now i have no money because it all goes to the addiction.

Ruger 10/22 a few years ago on this site, came with the original stock and a butler creek folding stock. I love this gun but i hardly ever get a chance to shoot it.

The first gun that I payed for was a Stag AR-15 that I bought 2 years ago at Acme Armament. I was fortunate enough to get a bunch of free guns from my Family when I got my LTC.

Winchester 190 rifle bought at Lechmere's, sold it ~6 months later as it wasn't suitable for learning to target shoot (and bought a Mossberg LS144 at Herman's Sporting Goods - still have it) to replace it. A month after buying the Win 190 I bought a HS Supermatic Tournament pistol from Ivanhoe's in Watertown Square for target shooting and still have it. This was back in the mid-1970s.

A Smith & Wesson 9mm (don't recall the model number). I bought it right when I got out of the Marines and gave it to my friend when he became a PA State Trooper a couple years later. The first rifle I paid for was an Enfield No. 1 Mk III* at a gun show at Ponoma, CA. Ah, how I miss the days of giant gun shows that spanned mulitple buildings and covered several acres.

First with my money (but dad's fid) I was 14.
Interarms Mark X 30-06 with a mannlicher stock, still have it and always will.

A Davis P-32 [sad2]

davis-p32-right.jpg

Inherited a bunch which I still have, including the 10/22 that I fired my first shots out of as a kid.
My first purchase was a Beretta 92FS, which I've loved since having it as a toy gun as a kid.

This is kind of a dupe thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/35746-Where-did-you-buy-your-first-gun?

My first was a Daisy 880 BB/pellet rifle. That was close to 30 years ago and it still works great. [grin]

Whoa... I didn't realize we were counting BB guns. In that case it would be a Crossman 1322, later stolen by a [former] friend.

First REAL gun was a S&W M19, which I (again) have. The shop was J&J Guns in Bayonne, NJ... and interestingly enough, while cleaning out some files a few days ago, I ran across my copy of my Pistol Purchase Permit the original receipt for that gun.

Second gun was a Ruger 10/22 from Service Merchandise in Paramus, NJ - still have that gun, too. Lot of mods to it but still a 10/22.

Back
Top Bottom