• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What was the first gun you BOUGHT

~1979 Ruger New Model Super Single Six convertible .22/.22 mag Stainless Steel. Was stolen in a house break and recovered. Was traded away and later bought back. Still have it.

First gun I've purshased was my S&W 908 about 8 months ago after i obtained my LTC. Before that i was shooting my dad's winchester 12ga. pump and Marlin 35 lever action.... Of which both will soon be in my safe he doesn't shoot anymore.

First one I paid for was a single shot lever action .22 cant remember the make. Still have every one I ever bought just cant seem to part with any of them.

Kirkwoods....that takes me back. I remember going in there with my dad when I was probably 6 or 7 (ca. 1970). There was a poster on the wall, with a arm sticking out of a pond, holding a shotgun. It read, "Come Hell or High Water".

Funny... I figured that the Lady in the Lake would be holding out an M1 Garand if she ever gave up on Excalibur.

1976. 2-1/2" S&W model 19, .357 mag, in Nickel. Adj sights, round butt grip; I put Herrett's grips on it, made a huge difference.

Look sorta like the one in the upper right?

DSC02235.jpg

AFAIK, the serial number dates to 1975 or so... maybe it's yours? Remember the serial number? [laugh]

4" S&W Model 10 in the spring/summer of 1974 from Lew Horton's in Framingham (when they had a "retail" store). Sold it a long time ago.

First I pad for (father purchased) was either my Finnish M39 or my Charles Daley 12 ga semi. I cant remember which came first.

First I bought myself was years after I was able to buy my own: M&P40c and a Star PD at the same time.

Since then I've been making up for the lost time in strides. Damn C&R license. [wink]

Marlin Glenfield Mod 25 22LR Bolt action...I still have it 40 years later...

G17. I traded it for a Sig 226, which is an awesome gun as well. Crap, now I have to buy a G17.

BHP. Also, it's the gun that I hated most and the only gun I have ever sold. A good buddy bought it and loves it, so I still see its ugly-ass from time to time (the gun, not my buddy)

I inherited a Stevens .22 tube fed bolt gun and a Winchester .22 single shot bolt gun. I think the Stevens might still work, but I haven't tried yet...
The first one I bought was a SW9VE. That POS was enough to scare anyone away from shooting, sold it on consignment and didn't loose a dime though.

Matched pair of AR-15's one Sporter, one CAR in 9mm. Both Colts. 750 bucks for the pair in 1985. Sold them when I joined the Marines because my little brother couldn't be trusted with a spork at the time. To this day I regret that sale. I have sold 2 other guns since, one because I had 3 and the other was my second carry gun. It's now the new owner's first carry gun. I have vowed to never sell another gun again because I had to.

Back
Top Bottom