What was the first gun you BOUGHT

I bought my first gun when I was 13 or 14. It was a Swiss Vetterli 10.4mm rimfire that I bought from a classmate for $5. That was back in the early 60's. He lived on the other side of town from me (Athol, MA) and after I bought it I put it on my shoulder and walked home by way of the center of town. On my way home I passed the junior high school and noticed the car of one of my teachers who liked guns was still there. I walked into the school with my new acquisition and the teacher and I took it apart to check it out. After which I shouldered it again and finished the 2.5 mile walk home. It was a different world.

S&W Model 22S-1, with a red dot scope, from the person who got me into handguns

Kirkwoods....that takes me back. I remember going in there with my dad when I was probably 6 or 7 (ca. 1970). There was a poster on the wall, with a arm sticking out of a pond, holding a shotgun. It read, "Come Hell or High Water".

Man, I'd like a copy of that one!

The first one I got was a Charter Arms AR7, from an ad in the old WantAd magazine, I was about 18.

Family guns were present, but this was my first "toy".

Any other good memories? [laugh]
Me too! Bought my AR-7 at Lew Hortens in Framingham when I was 18. I still have it. I've bought and sold dozens since then but this one has managed to avoid the cut.

CZ-82 at the gun show in Manch back in October. First gun...& my first post!

Hey! Welcome to NES!

The first gun I actually purchased was a used Mossy 500. My first handgun purchase was two guns because I had to wait so long for my LTC that I had saved plenty of money. I bought a Sig 226 and a S&W 686 with a 4" barrel.

I still have them all

Remington 700 ADL in 270 when i was 15, i worked a whole summer for it lol. still my go to deer gun

The first gun I bought with my own money was a Ruger P345 a little over 2 years ago, which got traded for a Beretta 96D (also eventually got traded for my P226 that I still own). first gun ever was a Winchester Model 270 pump-action .22. I still have that, but the pump is broken so I can't use it.

1976. 2-1/2" S&W model 19, .357 mag, in Nickel. Adj sights, round butt grip; I put Herrett's grips on it, made a huge difference. Sold it two years later and bought a Dan Wesson mod 15

I bought my first two at the same time ... a Glock 22 and Walther P22.

Back
Top Bottom