i was that guy...you know, the one we all hate

greencobra

NES Member
i was joining in for the first time to another firearms related board. it's hard to be that guy. the new guy. you don't know what to write to break the ice for that first post. every subject has been beaten to death many times to the point we jump all over "the new guy" for being stupid and not searching for the answer. hell, what's the fun of that, if you search for everything, you'll never fall through that ice and start posting. i know a couple of guys who have registered here at nes but are afraid to post that first one. i said naaah, we don't do that. they said "you're the f***ing worst of the lot!"

back to my tale. i'm on this new board and started a new thread, my first, which i thought might be somewhat intelligent. jeezus, i got jumped. thoses mutts are worse than us. "this is the weekly post of that subject." "why didn't you do a search?" and tons more. you know how it goes. Damn, i was that guy. it went on for a few weeks, brutal it was. even those guys who have been members for years but rarely post jumped on board. but it was fun. i stayed calm and when they found out i gave as good as i got it tapered off. but the post got trillions of "likes". well, maybe not trillions but you get it. i'm beloved there now...well, sort of. nes was a good training ground.

i was joining in for the first time to another firearms related board. it's hard to be that guy. the new guy. you don't know what to write to break the ice for that first post. every subject has been beaten to death many times to the point we jump all over "the new guy" for being stupid and not searching for the answer. hell, what's the fun of that, if you search for everything, you'll never fall through that ice and start posting. i know a couple of guys who have registered here at nes but are afraid to post that first one. i said naaah, we don't do that. they said "you're the f***ing worst of the lot!"

back to my tale. i'm on this new board and started a new thread, my first, which i thought might be somewhat intelligent. jeezus, i got jumped. thoses mutts are worse than us. "this is the weekly post of that subject." "why didn't you do a search?" and tons more. you know how it goes. Damn, i was that guy. it went on for a few weeks, brutal it was. even those guys who have been members for years but rarely post jumped on board. but it was fun. i stayed calm and when they found out i gave as good as i got it tapered off. but the post got trillions of "likes". well, maybe not trillions but you get it. i'm beloved there now...well, sort of. nes was a good training ground.

Why didn't you do a search?

Everyone feels the need to start threads rather than keep one going and add more info. I joined the Brian Enos forum. I never started a thread because everything I want to ask already has a thread. It is great.

Yes, you were that guy.

You should try the Tacomaworld.com forum. People, usually new Tacoma owners will sign up and ask a question. Often it's about a crash or some sort of warranty issue. Thread drift starts three posts in and the OP is never heard from again because 92.5% of the responses have nothing to do with the original question.

NES is actually rather tame except for the lame "Hi Maura" response when someone asks a question about something legal. MA gun law is complex and there are people who have been here since the beginning who still don't understand parts of it. That's why there are lawyers who specialize in MA gun laws.

You should try the Tacomaworld.com forum. People, usually new Tacoma owners will sign up and ask a question. Often it's about a crash or some sort of warranty issue. Thread drift starts three posts in and the OP is never heard from again because 92.5% of the responses have nothing to do with the original question.

NES is actually rather tame except for the lame "Hi Maura" response when someone asks a question about something legal. MA gun law is complex and there are people who have been here since the beginning who still don't understand parts of it. That's why there are lawyers who specialize in MA gun laws.
Your absolutely right about the law. For example, why is it that the time limit on license issuance by local PDs is routinely broken and yet no one is fined, fired, charged, or prosecuted.

It wasn't a 6.5 Creedmoor thread, was it?

Your first post ALWAYS has to be a shitpost. They teach you that in kindergarten. I posted a pic of a flat top AR MK18 Mod 0 clone to the RetroAR sub on Reddit and everyone had a meltdown for it not having a carry handle. Take the small Ws where/when you can.

Your absolutely right about the law. For example, why is it that the time limit on license issuance by local PDs is routinely broken and yet no one is fined, fired, charged, or prosecuted.
Because there is no penalty codified in law when they ignore the time limit. Meaning, the limit has no consequence for ignoring it.

Why didn't you do a search?

Everyone feels the need to start threads rather than keep one going and add more info. I joined the Brian Enos forum. I never started a thread because everything I want to ask already has a thread. It is great.

Yes, you were that guy.

Damn. Is Brian Enos even around anymore??? Like the dude???? I haven't heard that name in years but I was thinking about him over the weekend.

And yeah, I've never felt the need to "start a thread" just to start a thread. F that. Jump in where you can. Move on. I barely notice 90% of the commenters here. I'll click "quote" on 3-4 posts and then be surprised at WHO I quoted when I start making my reply. Sometimes it's 4 quotes from ONE DUDE! Like I'm stalking him or something. I just never even looked WHO wrote it.

Back
Top Bottom