• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What was the first gun you BOUGHT

Having grown up with guns, where going shooting was as casual as going for a walk, I somehow reached the age of 36 before ever buying a gun first-hand.

It was a Ruger P97DC, purchased from Bachman Pawn & Guns in Dallas, for $329 in 2000. I recently sold it, with three extra magazines and two holsters, for $300. I could have gotten $350~400 for the package if I'd been patient, but we had a pressing need, and it was the most liquid of our gun assets.

Twenty years from now, I'm sure it will still be worth at least as much (inflation adjusted), because that gun simply will not be worn out.

For me it was a Glock 19 back in 2000 when I was living in California. I paid way too much for it and 6 months later I had to sell it to a friend of mine when my car got broken into and I had to replace the stereo. He got a great deal. I tried to buy it back from him later but he kept it. He still has it today.

When I started shooting in MA, my first gun was my SW1911. It's a keeper.

I had to sell it to a friend of mine when my car got broken into and I had to replace the stereo. He got a great deal. I tried to buy it back from him later but he kept it. He still has it today.

Boy, I learned THAT lesson the hard way. Took me 15 years to get my Model 19 back from my friend... wound up trading him a Mod 66 for it.

My first rifle was a Henry lever action 22, picked up at wall-mart when i turned 18. First handgun was a Ruger Vaquero in 45LC bought at KTP when i turned 21. Still have them both, probably will for a long time (I have a hard time getting rid of things, especially ones that go BANG!).

A 1st generation Colt SAA in .44-40. Paid a friend of my grandfather the huge sum of $30 for it. This was shortly followed by a Singer M1911 and a few others, all delivered by the friendly postman. (We didn't have letter carriers back then, either. [grin])

Ken

FN browning model 1910 .32 cal semi auto pistol from a gunshow in Canada.

Stolen a few years later during a break-in.

Winchester 1300 Blackshadow bought it brand new in "92,I still have it and will till the day I pass on.

Remington 12A, 22 cal pump when I was 12. Saved up $65.00 shoveling snow and bought it at Scotts surplus in Waltham. This was 46 years ago. It was stolen ten years after and I have just seen another one this week and made an offer on it. Really don't need it but kind of missed it all these years. Just wish I could see the sites like I did way back then.

This seems like a deja vu.

First gun Marlin model 60 from K-mart in Springfield and first handgun Colt King Cobra from B&G in Westfield.

Many others have come and gone but these always stay.

S&W 1911 ... She's a beauty.

sw19113.jpg

Back
Top Bottom