• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What scope or red dot is on your 10/22

My scoped 10/22 is topped with a Nikon PROSTAFF EFR 3-9x. It sits in a single piece DNZ Reaper mount.

My others have Irons, Tech sights to be exact, which are pretty much the Appleseed standard. They are good enough for hitting postage stamp-size targets at 25 meters.

OpticsPlanet has 10% off (>$50) and free shipping thru today, July 4th. Code is JULY4TH.

Just ordered one of these plus rings to kick it over $50.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/bsa-optics-bsa-sweet-22-3-9x40mm-ao-22-rimfire-black-matte.html - not in stock, expect a few weeks for shipping.

Rings: http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-rifleman-rifle-scope-mount-rings.html

I think you will be impressed at thequality for the money. That is a great price. I paid in the $80 range for mine a couple years ago.

Last edited:
I think you will be impressed at teh quality for the money.

I have no doubt. My current 10/22 has a Bushnell that I don't think I paid > $60 for it from CDT some years ago. My Wife really enjoys shooting that gun but now has her very own 10/22. She only shoots at 50' currently so minute of a gnat's ass accuracy isn't a requirement. We both did our one Appleseed and will not be repeating that, so it's just a fun gun.

We were heading out to friends in Bellingham (and Bellingham fireworks) just after I ordered it, so on the way I told her what I did and she liked the idea. All reviews for the BSA seemed very good for this model. It looks like they may have a newer model (suffix letters are different) that runs about double the money.

I ended up going with a Hogue Thumbhole stock, UTG BugBuster 3x9x32 scope, UTG mount & UTG Bipod

from Optics Planet using 10% discount code. The first pic is what I started with.

nra1022.jpg 1-3-9x32-bug-buster-scope.jpg 4-utg-pro-ruger-10-22-pica-rail.jpg 3-utg-tactical-op-bipod.jpg 1022done.jpg

Synthetic stock take down with a cheap Chinese see through picatiny rail, so I can still use the stock sights, topped with an Aimpoint Pro.

IMG_0038.jpg IMG_0039.jpg

My camera couldn't focus on the sights through the raised rail.

Last edited:
Synthetic stock take down with a cheap Chinese see through picatiny rail, so I can still use the stock sights, topped with an Aimpoint Pro.

View attachment 172126View attachment 172127

My camera couldn't focus on the sights through the raised rail.

Holy sheep shit bat man....you need to stand on your toes to get your eye up to that!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm likening that stock. Is that a DIY or Production stock?
I have a bench rest blank I'm,supposed to get and was thinking of bedding my 10/22 in it?

I have a Mueller 8-32x44 side focus target scope on one of mine. Great scopes for the money. Mine came with a sunshade that was bent so I called them. They said I'd have a new one tomorrow, and I did.

http://muelleroptics.com/mu83244td

image_zps2cvrm23m.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom