• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is your main SHTF (Apocolypse) gun/plan?

1st plan would be to find a boat or boaters. I live off the coast of MA near the atlantic ocean, so I have a giant bay in my city. The boat people have a yachtsman club here and boats. Big ones. I'd immediately go there and try to see if I convince one of those boat dudes to take me with them on the boat in exchange for some silver and gold and maybe rounds. If not i'd try to find a spare boat to barter with boat people over their boat. (I really need a damn boat but always put it off :( lol)

Aquiring a letter of Marque and becoming a Privateer isn’t the worst bug out plan, but what if Famine, Pestilence, War and Death pick tomorrow to go for a ride?

If you drive past the Yachtsman Club in the morning, I’m willing to bet those boats are either blocked on stands and shrink-wrapped for the winter or they sailed them south to Florida.

Aquiring a letter of Marque and becoming a Privateer isn’t the worst bug out plan, but what if Famine, Pestilence, War and Death pick tomorrow to go for a ride?

If you drive past the Yachtsman Club in the morning, I’m willing to bet those boats are either blocked on stands and shrink-wrapped for the winter or they sailed them south to Florida.
or they're the kind of live-aboards that think wintering in Boston Harbor is a good idea...

Does OP bug out bag look like mine, hence the 70 lbs?

1 dozen Johnny Walker Red nips
1 box xtra large condoms
25 Slim Jims
6 Romeo & Julieta Churchill cigars
4 changes underwear (one/week/month)
3 socks
1 'nother dozen JWR nips
1 box large condoms (eyes were bigger than.....you know)
poncho ($1.99 from Disneyland in 1970s)
1 Penthouse magazine (also from the 70s)
1 box matches
1 qt gasoline
1 'nother box matches
for protection: 2 rape whistles and a rock
1 box medium condoms (my wife weighed in on this purchase)
1 fifth JWR

1 box xtra large condoms
25 Slim Jims
3 socks
1 'nother dozen JWR nips
1 box matches
1 qt gasoline
1 'nother box matches
1 fifth JWR

Bah. Not enough scotch, and not enough pairs of socks. Never underestimate the importance of clean, dry socks.

1 box xtra large condoms
25 Slim Jims
3 socks
1 'nother dozen JWR nips
1 box matches
1 qt gasoline
1 'nother box matches
1 fifth JWR
How are you supposed to repopulate the world with that many rubbers? With a kit like that you may be the last man on earth. You are going to have your work cut out for you, brother.

Top of the morning folks :)

My main question is, If you had to have one gun out of your arsenal to be the gun you carry into war. Weather it be an apocalypse or civil war. Mass pandemic with survivalist qualities weather you are anticipating an invasion, a massive war or a zombie uprising. Which gun would you carry as the ultimate doomsday gun you own?

Second layer to the question is, in general what is your current doomsday plan if one arrises?

DOOMSDAY GUN

39951428393_9df8e34eaa_n.jpg

My Mossberg 500 has everything i'd look for in a doomsday. For home defense as well. Reliable as all hell, powerful enough to send a Zombie to hell or go through makeshift covers of whatever is trying to kill you during a purge. And it's actually fairly light the way I have it with the adjustable tactical stock and grip it's extremely accurate and comfortable. I need to equip a strap.

Doomsday Plan

This of course depends on the actual type of dooms day, but my main plan for a zombie apacolypse is already well prepared for. I have a survival bag. (About 70 pounds) It's a cargo bag. It has 12 guage shells which makes up a good portion of it's weight, but it also has .38 special rounds. 2 first aid kits and many Silver coins with the intent that american currency would have collapsed and people were cherishing presish medals again and in foreign countries the metal value would still be well. I have 10 preserved meals and many water purification tablets, flares and a combat survival knife and some rope in the bag. It's brutally big and brutally heavy. It's like a backpack that goes from your neck almost down to below knee level but if it were nut up or shut up season, i'd carry it.

1st plan would be to find a boat or boaters. I live off the coast of MA near the atlantic ocean, so I have a giant bay in my city. The boat people have a yachtsman club here and boats. Big ones. I'd immediately go there and try to see if I convince one of those boat dudes to take me with them on the boat in exchange for some silver and gold and maybe rounds. If not i'd try to find a spare boat to barter with boat people over their boat. (I really need a damn boat but always put it off :( lol)

I'd then sail the high seas like a pirate away from whatever bullshit zombie purge is happening.

If it wasn't zombies and it was a civil war, that answer is more obvious. Civil war calls for nut up or shut up season. Just hunker down, and defend the land.

What is everyone else's plan for doomsday and what is their favorite doomsday gun they have?

M1 Garand deserves honorable mention as well. She's done it before and would do it again. Odds are she'd come along. :D
Hey OP, an idea. Test your kit. Leave the shotgun, ammo, etc. at home, so you can still go to class, or other "controlled" locations. If anyone asks, you're looking forward to some through-hiking this summer, and training early helps you deal with the winter.

Now, until your rations run out, this is everything in the world you own. Bring your pack everywhere; if it's not touching your body, it's in your view (or someone might steal it). We'll play this first round on easy mode - you can refill your water from the tap, but you still have to follow your purification protocol; is that filters, iodine, UV, or some combination? Sleep on your bedroll. Wear only the clothes you've packed. Use only the toiletries you packed. Eat only with your mess kit. Buy nothing, except with your bartering supplies.

Now, how long did those "ten meals" last? How's the iodine? How long until you resented the weight of the silver, etc.? What should you have had that you didn't? How are your feet? and your back?

1 box xtra large condoms
25 Slim Jims
3 socks
1 'nother dozen JWR nips
1 box matches
1 qt gasoline
1 'nother box matches
1 fifth JWR

I got the Major T. J. "King" Kong collector survival kit. 000000000000.jpg

Every time someone goes on about their piles of silver and gold, I think "that's cool, but you'll be begging me for toilet paper, razor blades, and immodium on day 3."

The odds of that scenario are about as likely as Star Trek teleporters.

Look at Venezuela - the Russian plane that left the country was full of gold, not TP and razor blades.

I got the Major T. J. "King" Kong collector survival kit.View attachment 267749

I've heard that it was originally (because Major Kong was from Texas) supposed to be "Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff" but they changed it because the Kennedy assasination was still too fresh.

1 oz of silver buys 6 months of food. They’re not gonna give that away to random soldiers.

Re Venezuela:

In extreme cases like this, gold could literally help save lives.

Such was the case following the fall of Saigon in 1975. If not for gold, many South Vietnamese families might not have managed to escape the country. A seat on one of the thousands of fleeing boats reportedly went for eight or 10 taels of gold per adult, four or five taels per child. (A tael is slightly more than an ounce.) Gold was their passport. Thanks to the precious metal, tens of thousands of Vietnamese “boat people,” as they’re now known, were able to start new lives in the U.S., Canada, Australia and other developed countries.

Last edited:
1 oz of silver buys 6 months of food. They’re not gonna give that away to random soldiers.

Re Venezuela:

In extreme cases like this, gold could literally help save lives.

Such was the case following the fall of Saigon in 1975. If not for gold, many South Vietnamese families might not have managed to escape the country. A seat on one of the thousands of fleeing boats reportedly went for eight or 10 taels of gold per adult, four or five taels per child. (A tael is slightly more than an ounce.) Gold was their passport. Thanks to the precious metal, tens of thousands of Vietnamese “boat people,” as they’re now known, were able to start new lives in the U.S., Canada, Australia and other developed countries.

My aunt's family are boat people. Her father was with the ARVN and when they had to escape after the fall of Saigon they used diamonds to get the family out.

Mike

1 box xtra large condoms
25 Slim Jims
3 socks
1 'nother dozen JWR nips
1 box matches
1 qt gasoline
1 'nother box matches
1 fifth JWR
You forgot the "bong gas mask"
1585356434084.png

So you are going to go after the old guys first to get the low hanging fruit?

Bob
Careful with the old guy stuff. Lots of them have much more experience at this than most and balls already proven to be made of steel. They already know what they are capable of. Most people talk the talk, but have yet to walk the walk. Hell of a way to discover that you picked the wrong house, or the wrong old guy.

Last edited:
Bug in is my first realistic option. Bug in handgun choice is the glock 21 with a supply of pre ban magazines and Ranger T ammo that expands to .70 cal. in gel tests. Plenty of quality 1911's to back it up if need be. AR 9MM is always ready to stand duty. It sports a colt pistol grip forend with a built in lazer/light combination. AR15 is also always ready to stand duty with its eotech single red dot, 3x magnifier and flip up iron night sights. I'm pretty sure that I'd choose either the M1 Super 90, or the Remmy 870., older, police model, stoked with Remington 2 3/4"police 00 buckshot, before anything else. The .45 would be on my hip anyway if it's needed.
If I opted to bug out for some reason, the bug out bag is set up with glock, 9mm, pre ban, magazines, to accomodate the pair of glock19's. Don't want to fiddle around with a broken spring, if I can just go to the backup 19 and deal with breakage later. The bug out bag also has a bandoleer of 20 round, pre ban, colt AR magazines and 00 buck. If there's time I'll also bring the 10/22 I guess. Oh and plenty of fenix flashlights, with rechargeable batteries and backups. You know, it's funny, but I've never found anyone, that wants to shoot back when tracers are coming at them. I guess they must mess with the other guys head a bit.
My ultimate plan is simple. If I'm given no alternative, I'll shoot until its safe to stop shooting. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Last edited:
By the end of hunting each year my pack weighs .....oh.....about a thousand pounds, and looks like a couple of aisles from well stocked outdoor store...and none of it ever gets touched. My hunting partner (son) is lugging most of the same crap.....and we're almost always with-in fairly easy striking distance of the car.....next year's going to be different, I swear. Although if the bad does go to worst, now that I think of it there is at least a half roll of TP in a ziploc in that pile of stuff.

Careful with the old guy stuff. Lots of them have much more experience at this than most and balls already proven to be made of steel. They already know what they are capable of. Most people talk the talk, but have yet to walk the walk. Hell of a way to discover that you picked the wrong house, or the wrong old guy.

Agreed. I’m an old guy too.

My comment comment was intended as sarcasm but makes me look like an a**h*** and that wasnt my intent.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom