• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went to Dean Safety at the mill

If i won the lottery id offer to put an indoor range in there
ef9ba13b448d7e830ab5f31e84ebe2a9.jpg

What the Mill needs is a lounge and steakhouse with a reverse pager system worked out with the retailers akin to Outback, etc. You have drinks or a meal while waiting for your slot to open up.

Rustic decor. Screens showing curated episodes of Paul Harrell and GunBlue490, maybe some WPS and Daddy Thumb for the kids. Drink menu organized and named in calibers. And animatronic taxidermied heads of anti-gun politicians, bureaucrats, and theorists, spouting off every hour or so about how it was the common man that eventually put paid to their plans of domination.

Call it "Boogaloo Creek". Make a mint.

What the Mill needs is a lounge and steakhouse with a reverse pager system worked out with the retailers akin to Outback, etc. You have drinks or a meal while waiting for your slot to open up.

Rustic decor. Screens showing curated episodes of Paul Harrell and GunBlue490, maybe some WPS and Daddy Thumb for the kids. Drink menu organized and named in calibers. And animatronic taxidermied heads of anti-gun politicians, bureaucrats, and theorists, spouting off every hour or so about how it was the common man that eventually put paid to their plans of domination.

A waitress brings the gun to your table when the background check goes through.

What the Mill needs is a lounge and steakhouse ...

Rustic decor. ...

Like these parts. I'd change "rustic decor" out for "mill decor". Go look at Maxwell Silverman's or the old Northworks in Worcester.

Would have 2 different rooms, one with cowboy motif, and one with WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan photos and "stuff".

This thread is awesome for nothing more than it sorts the whiny bitches from the regular people.

The Mill is hands down the best shop in the state across the board. I'll bring as much business there as I can. Peeps are triggered that 1.56% of the tenants dont have what they're looking for and getting teased. If you're too ignorant to go exploring through the rest of the amusement park, dont complain. This ain't your Town's Facebook page where you're accustomed to having sheep agree with your twisted view of the other side and gang up on those you're too f***ing pussy to confront yourself, by yourself Look the other way if you disagree, wear your big boy pants and let others enjoy their life doing shit you dont like.

Rant over, game on.

I like my customers too much to ever sell them a Taurus (or a hi point or a rock island or...)
40 short and wimpy is for FBI agents with limp wrists. Hot 9mm or 10mm or go home.
You can buy shields and the likes at the deli ticket emporium or any other shop in MA.

If this all offends you then just down the hall is Custom Defense Solutions and he will sell you what you want. Every shield my distributor sends me I send to Jason @ CDS as it meets his business model and not mine. That some of you think you get to have an opinion on how I run my business makes me chuckle. You get to decide what shop you go to and I get to decide how I run my shop. Don't confuse the two.

No one at the Mill does this full time. A full time shop is most likely gated by inventory or capital or something. I am gated by TIME, my time. I am open 3 days a week for a total of 15 hours. Essentially for every minute we are open I am busy processing background checks and/or helping customers. This means selling low margin shields that are available at every shop in MA is not a good use of my time. Selling more unique guns which demand a higher $$ margin (though lower % margin) is the right decision since I am completely time limited.

If you are a small shop, open 40+ hours a week and limited by capital (the amount of money you can tie up in inventory) then you want to stock the shelves with Tauruses and Shields. You pay $250 a gun and sell them for $300 each. That means your margin per transaction is $50 but more importantly it is 16.7% (50/300).

If you are time limited and not capital limited you are better off buying more expensive guns that cost $900 each and sell for $1000. Your margin per transaction is $100 but only 10%.

Small shop has no time constraints so doing lots of small transactions at 16.7% is better for his bottom line. They get 16.7% on whatever inventory they buy.
I am time limited and doing background checks literally as fast as I can so $100/transaction is better than $50/transaction. While I only get 10% return on my inventory, I get more $ per unit time.

Small shop measures return on capital.
I measure $ per unit time open.

Different business model therefore different decision about what to stock and sell.

The good news is we tell you upfront you are at the wrong shop before you even walk through the door.
I like my customers too much to ever sell them a Taurus (or a hi point or a rock island or...)
40 short and wimpy is for FBI agents with limp wrists. Hot 9mm or 10mm or go home.
You can buy shields and the likes at the deli ticket emporium or any other shop in MA.

If this all offends you then just down the hall is Custom Defense Solutions and he will sell you what you want. Every shield my distributor sends me I send to Jason @ CDS as it meets his business model and not mine. That some of you think you get to have an opinion on how I run my business makes me chuckle. You get to decide what shop you go to and I get to decide how I run my shop. Don't confuse the two.

No one at the Mill does this full time. A full time shop is most likely gated by inventory or capital or something. I am gated by TIME, my time. I am open 3 days a week for a total of 15 hours. Essentially for every minute we are open I am busy processing background checks and/or helping customers. This means selling low margin shields that are available at every shop in MA is not a good use of my time. Selling more unique guns which demand a higher $$ margin (though lower % margin) is the right decision since I am completely time limited.

If you are a small shop, open 40+ hours a week and limited by capital (the amount of money you can tie up in inventory) then you want to stock the shelves with Tauruses and Shields. You pay $250 a gun and sell them for $300 each. That means your margin per transaction is $50 but more importantly it is 16.7% (50/300).

If you are time limited and not capital limited you are better off buying more expensive guns that cost $900 each and sell for $1000. Your margin per transaction is $100 but only 10%.

Small shop has no time constraints so doing lots of small transactions at 16.7% is better for his bottom line. They get 16.7% on whatever inventory they buy.
I am time limited and doing background checks literally as fast as I can so $100/transaction is better than $50/transaction. While I only get 10% return on my inventory, I get more $ per unit time.

Small shop measures return on capital.
I measure $ per unit time open.

Different business model therefore different decision about what to stock and sell.

The good news is we tell you upfront you are at the wrong shop before you even walk through the door.
I carried a Shield for several years. Then I started getting trained, became a better shot and decided to avail myself of some of the more "unique" items that are available through select FFL's at the mill. Never looked back.

I got an email the other day my club put an EV charging station in. I thought to myself what a waste of money. They should have put a 22 shooting gallery in.
How about wide screen TV's, bar foot rail, ice machine, ...?

I applaud those who support the 2A, shops, landlords, advertisers, etc. Will shops at the Mill respond to WTB ads posted on NES? Rather than trying to track down x number of shops to locate a Flaggobis Tacticool Pistol in 29 mm with a compass in the stock and the thing that tells time, it would be great if the shops would respond to a WTB if they could fulfill the request (perhaps only members can post such a request). Could be a source of low effort sales...simple request (looking for a FTP in 29mm), simple response (I can get one, $x,999, about two weeks, send 50% deposit). Would need some rules of the road so as not to waste people’s time (sort of like goose rules for the board, an honor system of sorts that you’re not just trying to save $6 on a shield purchase). This would support those that support the 2A. Pros? Cons?

I applaud those who support the 2A, shops, landlords, advertisers, etc. Will shops at the Mill respond to WTB ads posted on NES? Rather than trying to track down x number of shops to locate a Flaggobis Tacticool Pistol in 29 mm with a compass in the stock and the thing that tells time, it would be great if the shops would respond to a WTB if they could fulfill the request (perhaps only members can post such a request). Could be a source of low effort sales...simple request (looking for a FTP in 29mm), simple response (I can get one, $x,999, about two weeks, send 50% deposit). Would need some rules of the road so as not to waste people’s time (sort of like goose rules for the board, an honor system of sorts that you’re not just trying to save $6 on a shield purchase). This would support those that support the 2A. Pros? Cons?
Members can post WTB in the classifieds. I'd be surprised if some of the folks in the mill aren't looking there at least occasionally...

You are forgetting that most Mill shops are not hurting for business.

Business comes to them, no need to look for it.

Isn't "dumpy mill" a term from the department of redundancy department department? I haven't been there yet but I'd be disappointed if I found newly renovated space with fresh hardwood floors, nice clean and polished industrial look ductwork picked as much for aesthetics as functionality, and you couldn't even imagine the place full of belt driven machine. It's all part of the charm.

some of the vendors look like they're from the belt driven era😛

Back
Top Bottom