Went to Dean Safety at the mill

Hi Chris!
Fine, but seriously, my local guy is the stoolie, and I'd rather not use him. I'd love to support some of the other guys, but I'm getting tired of making trips to no good purpose. Sure, things happen and people can't always be open even if you're there when the sign on the door says they will, but "support your local FFL" only goes so far.

So, what are the odds I can find someone who willing to pass up the opportunity to snark (yeah, small chance of that here :rolleyes:) who can recommend a rational time to try it when I can actually find people open?

So, I've been to the mill three times, once on a random day driving by and twice on Wednesday afternoons. All three times, it was a ghost town and not really worth the drive.

Now that I no longer work in the area, it's turned into an hour drive for me to go. If I want to go this Saturday, what would be the best time to actually find a fair number of FFLs open?
I think @PioneerHD knows most of the store hours at the mill.

Fine, but seriously, my local guy is the stoolie, and I'd rather not use him. I'd love to support some of the other guys, but I'm getting tired of making trips to no good purpose. Sure, things happen and people can't always be open even if you're there when the sign on the door says they will, but "support your local FFL" only goes so far.

So, what are the odds I can find someone who willing to pass up the opportunity to snark (yeah, small chance of that here :rolleyes:) who can recommend a rational time to try it when I can actually find people open?
At least the more popular stores post their hours. I've never gone in to find the doors locked unexpectedly.

Www.Deansafety.Com/directions for directions to my shop

DeanSafety - Google Search always has current hours.

I don’t track the hours of my competitors 😳

Well--first of all you need to go GREEN.

But the most important question is: What exactly are you looking for? AR lowers? Pistol?

OK--Dean's Safety already weighted in.

Here are 3 good recc's off the top of my head.

Shoot one or all of them them a text to ask about pricing and availability on your exact model.

Home | KAG Arms
Saturday 9-2

https://www.cdsusaonline.com/
Saturday 10-5

Google Massh*le firearms--
Saturday 8-6

Also look here for whatever it is you are looking for:

Dealer Classifieds

Again--best to text before making a drive. I imagine these guys are kinda busy lately.

WHATEVER you do; do NOT try to inquire about or consider purchasing a 40SW.

Not really the place to finger fk a bunch of boring guns (HT KAG)

Last edited:
1000+ guns in stock. Many of them future felonies with the senate grandfathering language. Buy your own private felony while you still can. Not to mention lots of receivers of future felonies which apparently are felonies themselves or maybe not if you “plan” to build fixed mag. You've got me.

And of course a huge supply of future frames and slides just waiting to be disassembled for the discerning customer.

Good news is I have a line on a large pile of preban AR lowers which unless the house messes with the bill will be more expensive than an equivalent amount of gold. Coming soon to a rape van near you. I promise to be lower than @Reptile pricing 😂😂😂

Yeah. F them state morons. It'll create some confusion for a while, but if I'll of Noids is any indication, I don't see a lot of compliance coming CreemofTweet's way.

If you want the most shops available, then go Saturday between 10-2. Be prepared for some crowds though.

I took my son a couple of times on our way to Nashoba for his snowboarding lessons. It's usually a good variety of things to look at between those hours.

Wants to window shop,..
Considering what I've purchased after doing that (including at the shop that was open at the Mill one of the times I went), I'm not sure anyone in the business would think that's a problem. I assume that's why they have those glass cases instead of one guy sitting at a desk asking what you want.

Considering what I've purchased after doing that (including at the shop that was open at the Mill one of the times I went), I'm not sure anyone in the business would think that's a problem. I assume that's why they have those glass cases instead of one guy sitting at a desk asking what you want.
What glass cases?

There’s a couple of places in there conducive to window shopping, but respectfully, this is probably not the place for you unless you generally know what you want.

I went to the mill once. I was terrifying; guns everywhere. I blew my rape whistle and peed in my pants. It seemed to help.

Some guy named Chris told me he was there to buy a SW Shield but got yelled at by an Egyptian guy named Randy, or maybe it was a randy Egyptian guy named Sharif? I dunno, anyway, he helped me to safety and we’re NEVER GOING BACK!!!

A Randy Egyptian might do a little bit more than yelling.

What glass cases?

There’s a couple of places in there conducive to window shopping, but respectfully, this is probably not the place for you unless you generally know what you want.
You realize this doesn't really fit the whole "find your guy" / "support your local FFL" / etc. theme, right?

Sure, I can assume it's like buying a pound of baloney from the deli by calling around based on price only, but that would seem to fly in face of why you would want a lot of them in the same place.

You realize this doesn't really fit the whole "find your guy" / "support your local FFL" / etc. theme, right?

Sure, I can assume it's like buying a pound of baloney from the deli by calling around based on price only, but that would seem to fly in face of why you would want a lot of them in the same place.
I never said support your local FFL. I drive an hour and a half each way to go to the Mill. I generally know what I want and don’t waste anyone’s time, especially on a Saturday during a panic.

I haven’t been there since the fire, but these guys have exceptionally good radar for strokers that are time black holes. The first time I went to KAG, once we got to talking, TPNES and Sharif starting bringing the cool shit out from the back, including an HK MR762A1 package. If you wanted a lower or accessory those were indeed in the limited case real estate.

I know from the gun show threads you’re a gun show guy and (I assume) like to window shop and finger bang a bunch of guns. The Mill, with some exceptions, is not that kind of place. By all means check it out, but be mindful of what it is and don’t be a problem customer or time black hole.

been to the mill once, was worth 3 hours in the car. i have two things i want currently, and i'm pretty sure the place with the 4 or so different FFLs in one shop will have them... i just either need to take a wednesday off of work (sucks) or find someone to watch my 3 brat kids while i drive up on a saturday (not gonna happen)

I never said support your local FFL. I drive an hour and a half each way to go to the Mill. I generally know what I want and don’t waste anyone’s time, especially on a Saturday during a panic.

I haven’t been there since the fire, but these guys have exceptionally good radar for strokers that are time black holes. The first time I went to KAG, once we got to talking, TPNES and Sharif starting bringing the cool shit out from the back, including an HK MR762A1 package. If you wanted a lower or accessory those were indeed in the limited case real estate.

I know from the gun show threads you’re a gun show guy and (I assume) like to window shop and finger bang a bunch of guns. The Mill, with some exceptions, is not that kind of place. By all means check it out, but be mindful of what it is and don’t be a problem customer or time black hole.

*finger bang a bunch of boring guns.

Well then you've clearly confused me with someone else. I've been to one gun show in the last 10 years, it sucked, and I never went again. I don't waste people's time in shops and have never asked to hold a gun I wasn't interested in buying. I likely won't be buying into your prognostication powers in the future.

But, hey, discourage people from using local businesses.

View: https://youtu.be/UZ6JxAgmxXg?si=DAz9T0UM3cxJkbWE&t=22

Back
Top Bottom