Went to Dean Safety at the mill

Well then you've clearly confused me with someone else. I've been to one gun show in the last 10 years, it sucked, and I never went again. I don't waste people's time in shops and have never asked to hold a gun I wasn't interested in buying. I likely won't be buying into your prognostication powers in the future.

But, hey, discourage people from using local businesses.

View: https://youtu.be/UZ6JxAgmxXg?si=DAz9T0UM3cxJkbWE&t=22

I went through pretty great detail on what to expect there, and posted links to answer your questions. I doubt I discouraged you from anything, but if I did I probably did them a favor. 😉 I’ll buy extra this weekend just in case.

“80% of your time in retail will be spent on 20% of your customers.”

Ps. Sorry for the gun show confusion.

Last edited:
I always wanted to walk in there and be like "So listen, I got a glock in .40S+W and I really love it, I'm in the market for something a little bit more compact, what do you have in .357 SIG?"

I text or call Randy to see if he has or how long it will take to get what i'm looking for. He tells me the best time to show up. I'm in and out quickly. It has worked out a few times.

If He's busy and not answering, I go to his room mate.

I then go up to KAG and buy ammo. He has never let me finger bang anything. Maybe next time.

I text or call Randy to see if he has or how long it will take to get what i'm looking for. He tells me the best time to show up. I'm in and out quickly. It has worked out a few times.

If He's busy and not answering, I go to his room mate.

I then go up to KAG and buy ammo. He has never let me finger bang anything. Maybe next time.

I will let you finger bang @Broc next time around.

Fine, but seriously, my local guy is the stoolie, and I'd rather not use him. I'd love to support some of the other guys, but I'm getting tired of making trips to no good purpose. Sure, things happen and people can't always be open even if you're there when the sign on the door says they will, but "support your local FFL" only goes so far.

So, what are the odds I can find someone who willing to pass up the opportunity to snark (yeah, small chance of that here :rolleyes:) who can recommend a rational time to try it when I can actually find people open?
Best thing to do is call/text depending on the shop preferences listed, ask about what you are looking for. The Mill really is not a place to window shop. Most people go there with something in mind thats not at the local deli counter. My family goes there with specific things in mind and we usually have already asked about the item ahead of time. It’s not a superstore with everything out to look at.
You can always make an appointment to pick up what you are looking for or the FFL’s will let you know when to come in if it’s something that has been ordered. Here and armslist you can usually find a lot of the the inventory posted for starters and then go from there, always best to just ask.

Well--first of all you need to go GREEN.

But the most important question is: What exactly are you looking for? AR lowers? Pistol?

OK--Dean's Safety already weighted in.

Here are 3 good recc's off the top of my head.

Shoot one or all of them them a text to ask about pricing and availability on your exact model.

Home | KAG Arms
Saturday 9-2

https://www.cdsusaonline.com/
Saturday 10-5

Google Massh*le firearms--
Saturday 8-6

Also look here for whatever it is you are looking for:

Dealer Classifieds

Again--best to text before making a drive. I imagine these guys are kinda busy lately.
And here I thought this thread was all about me. You burst my bubble.

Two of the three you list are good guys, but the food truck outside that steals everyone's customers and over charges them by 20% is cruel on the general public.

You realize this doesn't really fit the whole "find your guy" / "support your local FFL" / etc. theme, right?

Sure, I can assume it's like buying a pound of baloney from the deli by calling around based on price only, but that would seem to fly in face of why you would want a lot of them in the same place.

Depends on your version of window shopping. If you have a DECENTLY GOOD IDEA OF WHAT YOU WANT, then your experiences at a lot of gun shops (mill or otherwise) will be vastly
improved. One of the shops I worked at, an easy 50% of the customers were allocating product and coming to buy it without having to come to the store to pet it first. (and I like to pet the guns myself too, but even I have a vague idea of the stuff I am looking at so the guys I have on speed dial can narrow things down for me!)

On the other hand, if you're doing the gun show preening tire kicker thing that doesnt even know like what brand of ketchup they want, then you're going to be in serious trouble wherever you go unless its like deli ticket emporium or something. Even there, they're not set up for window shopping anymore either.

but even I have a vague idea of the stuff I am looking at so the guys I have on speed dial can narrow things down for me!
Sure, but getting someone onto that speed dial list is part of the issue. I have a shop where I've made 3 notable purchases in the last 3 years (notable to me at least), but they're not responsive at all to any queries on availability or being able to order an item ("If we can get it, we'll put it on the website"). They also tend to default to "Is it on the list?" (and, no, a revolver made 40 years ago by a company no longer in business isn't on the list).

Sure, there are currently workarounds to much of the state's nonsense, but establishing a relationship to deal with it is part of the trick. Cold calling someone you've never met and asking if they'll do a frame transfer or the like out of the blue would seem to be inviting a response of "Call someone else, Andrea."

Back
Top Bottom