Went to Dean Safety at the mill

Sure, but getting someone onto that speed dial list is part of the issue. I have a shop where I've made 3 notable purchases in the last 3 years (notable to me at least), but they're not responsive at all to any queries on availability or being able to order an item ("If we can get it, we'll put it on the website"). They also tend to default to "Is it on the list?" (and, no, a revolver made 40 years ago by a company no longer in business isn't on the list).

Sure, there are currently workarounds to much of the state's nonsense, but establishing a relationship to deal with it is part of the trick. Cold calling someone you've never met and asking if they'll do a frame transfer or the like out of the blue would seem to be inviting a response of "Call someone else, Andrea."

It could be you, not them.

You clearly know how things work here and it seems like you know what you're looking for in general, but also like to see things that maybe weren't on your radar

Go to the mill. You probably won't see a lot out in display cases, but start talking to the owners. It doesn't take 5 visits and a reach around for them to know if you're a narc or not.

Contrary to your possible perception, everything the Mill does is 100% legal. They've had tons of inspections, the Globe hit piece, reporters, PD etc. They do it by the book. If there's something you want, f***ing ask - you'll get an answer, either yes or no. If you aren't willing to call or PM and ask one (they don't hide their identity) then that's on you. Cheer up; we're all felons here in MA.

Could be. Probably isn't. Hell, I'm a bit surprised that I went back for the 3rd one after they got grumpy that I didn't want to go with "what we have today" optics for the rifle I bought the 2nd time.

Either that or he just keeps going to BoX StORes......

deli.jpg

*5 minutes elapse*
"Ding. "

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzjtYNCNMCw

Box Store Employee: "Sir or Maam we have numerous mass C0mPlyiant (cuz camfour says so) shields and various sig and ruger product with unecessary trash attached to it for you to choose from.."

customer: "But.... this is exactly the same dish of gruel that theyre selling down the street. I mean your prices are better... but its still... slop. "

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zXWh0N-ZSE

Sure, but getting someone onto that speed dial list is part of the issue. I have a shop where I've made 3 notable purchases in the last 3 years (notable to me at least), but they're not responsive at all to any queries on availability or being able to order an item ("If we can get it, we'll put it on the website"). They also tend to default to "Is it on the list?" (and, no, a revolver made 40 years ago by a company no longer in business isn't on the list).

Sure, there are currently workarounds to much of the state's nonsense, but establishing a relationship to deal with it is part of the trick. Cold calling someone you've never met and asking if they'll do a frame transfer or the like out of the blue would seem to be inviting a response of "Call someone else, Andrea."
Your first issue is dealing with the Deli Ticket Emporium.

The second issue is you need to make some friends. We have meets all the time. People here are very friendly when someone needs help. They will take you shooting, introduce you to people... some might even offer to go with you to certain gun stores. This is the best part about NES, for all the sh*t we post, people are solid.

You have been around long enough, a bunch of people would know you if you care to meet with them.

Last edited:
This is how it works at the 3 Amigos Gun Shop............

Go in, wait
get Randy's attention, wait
Tell him you want X.
He'll explain to you all the other options, then he'll look into your eyes and suggest something you never thought of AND can barely afford.
Now he's hypnotized you and you say 'uh, sure'.
ATF4473 magically appears.
Everyone is happy.

AND be nice to the dogs.

Last edited:
You clearly know how things work here and it seems like you know what you're looking for in general, but also like to see things that maybe weren't on your radar

Go to the mill. You probably won't see a lot out in display cases, but start talking to the owners. It doesn't take 5 visits and a reach around for them to know if you're a narc or not.
Yup, get to know your LGS owner, even if it is an hour drive to the Mill. My last few trips were, 'can you get me______? Great when do you need me to come by?" The funniest part is the last wasn't a boring gun and there were numerous offers to buy it out from under me. That didn't happen. But those who went for something else saw my purchase and were willing to make an impulse purchase. Be willing to make impulse purchases. [laugh]

Okay, I type slowly.

Go in, wait
Tell him you want X.
He'll explain to you all the other options, then he'll look into your eyes and suggest something you never thought of AND can barely afford.
Now he's hypnotized you and you say 'uh, sure
Everyone is happy.
[laugh2][rofl]

That would be my first thought. Not all shops I go to a great customer service types but the ones I return to are. I have two places in particular that have first shot at my money. Both are responsive to my inquiries and if they don't have what I'm looking for they contact me when to do have it. KAG arms being one. I however am not making a fun trip to the mill this weekend :( Daughter has a girl scout cookie booth and I like to avoid the super craziness I envision it being this weekend as mush as possible.

Could be. Probably isn't. Hell, I'm a bit surprised that I went back for the 3rd one after they got grumpy that I didn't want to go with "what we have today" optics for the rifle I bought the 2nd time.

Thank you for making my point. What do you tell a guy with two black eyes? Nothing you already told him twice. I knew that you were a glutton for punishment.

Go in, wait
Tell him you want X.
Everyone is happy.

AND be nice to the dogs.
This is the most accurate description of purchasing from that shop. I love the 3 Amigos, but I spend too much money there.

Go in, wait
Tell him you want X.
Everyone is happy.

AND be nice to the dogs.
brought my buddy in. Yakov helped him, Randy just kept bringing boxes over. buddy spent 2 grand more than he was expecting [rofl]

Your first issue is dealing with the Deli Ticket Emporium.
Kind of a foolish supposition with no data. I've been there once. Didn't go back.

The second issue is you need to make some friends. We have meets all the time. People here are very friendly when someone needs help. They will take you shooting, introduce you to people... some might even offer to go with you to certain gun stores. This is the best part about NES, for all the sh*t we post, people are solid.
Have a bunch from here. Have a bunch at the club I belong to. None of them tend to go to the Mill. Been taking myself shooting for 40+ years, so probably don't need anyone to do that. Remember, the question was "When is a good time to go?", with the intent of meeting some people. Rapidly turned into "Don't bother people".

You have been around long enough, a bunch of people would know you if you care to meet with them.
A bunch do.

Yup, get to know your LGS owner, even if it is an hour drive to the Mill.
Again, I asked when was a good time to go. It quickly degenerated into "only go if you know what you want to get from whomever"., which seems to run counter to "get to know him".

Thank you for making my point. What do you tell a guy with two black eyes? Nothing you already told him twice. I knew that you were a glutton for punishment.
Well, I did get 3 firearms I wanted, but was put off enough that I thought I'd look for a new place or two. Clearly, you're good enough with your existing clientele. That's fine, I can spend money elsewhere.

brought my buddy in. Yakov helped him, Randy just kept bringing boxes over. buddy spent 2 grand more than he was expecting [rofl]
Been there, done that. Went back the following week to get what I had originally walked in for 🤣. Made the mistake of bringing the fiance one time, her and themillgunshop got talking about home renovations - I got my gun, and my kitchen reno bill doubled. 🤣🤣🤣

Kind of a foolish supposition with no data. I've been there once. Didn't go back.

Have a bunch from here. Have a bunch at the club I belong to. None of them tend to go to the Mill. Been taking myself shooting for 40+ years, so probably don't need anyone to do that. Remember, the question was "When is a good time to go?", with the intent of meeting some people. Rapidly turned into "Don't bother people".

A bunch do.

Again, I asked when was a good time to go. It quickly degenerated into "only go if you know what you want to get from whomever"., which seems to run counter to "get to know him".

Well, I did get 3 firearms I wanted, but was put off enough that I thought I'd look for a new place or two. Clearly, you're good enough with your existing clientele. That's fine, I can spend money elsewhere.
3 Huh? Wow. Much gunz.

Dude. Go into a shop and as the customer, make then earn your money.

Getting guns in ma is not as difficult as it seems.

If you were offended. It’s on you. Gun people are a weird breed. Get over it.

Ask @PioneerHD

And yes (per @Broc) Make friends, go green and learn how we do it here.

A bunch do.

So you just said: "You can't fire me, I quit. I'm going to take my ball and go home."

Last edited:
3 Huh? Wow. Much gunz.

Dude. Go into a shop and as the customer, make then earn your money.
FFS, no one pays attention. 3 at one shop, at which point I decided they weren't earning my business. So I thought I'd spread my range and try the mill, but it appears that most of the people in this thread who patronize it are really odd versions of middle school girls who think they're sitting at the cool table.

Again, I asked a simple question 85 posts ago - "If I want to go this Saturday, what would be the best time to actually find a fair number of FFLs open?", not "How does one buy guns in MA". From there it's run down a rabbit hole of everyone assuming really weird stuff.

FFS, no one pays attention. 3 at one shop, at which point I decided they weren't earning my business. So I thought I'd spread my range and try the mill, but it appears that most of the people in this thread who patronize it are really odd versions of middle school girls who think they're sitting at the cool table.

Again, I asked a simple question 85 posts ago - "If I want to go this Saturday, what would be the best time to actually find a fair number of FFLs open?", not "How does one buy guns in MA". From there it's run down a rabbit hole of everyone assuming really weird stuff.
Ok ok. I miss read. This is nes. We jump to conclusions fast and ridicule people instantaneously

As for time. No clue. Going to be a shit show all day and the rest of February

ETA. Do not, repeat DO NOT ring a doorbell after hours.

If you do, good luck.

I close at 2 on Saturday. Any time after that should be fine.

10-2 will get you a wide swath tomorrow. Probably going to be some lines though because pant shitting is likely ramping up.

Back
Top Bottom