Went to Dean Safety at the mill

check my signature. (Turn phone sideways) Has hours. Everyone likes to copy my hours. Lots of other shops you can go check out their high prices. Then come back and buy. More guns in my room than any other room in the mill. Lots of good ones. Some crappy glocks that some people seem to like. You know the drill.

FFS, no one pays attention. 3 at one shop, at which point I decided they weren't earning my business. So I thought I'd spread my range and try the mill, but it appears that most of the people in this thread who patronize it are really odd versions of middle school girls who think they're sitting at the cool table.

Again, I asked a simple question 85 posts ago - "If I want to go this Saturday, what would be the best time to actually find a fair number of FFLs open?", not "How does one buy guns in MA". From there it's run down a rabbit hole of everyone assuming really weird stuff.

Just read back a couple pages and I think I see what's happening. I walk into Randy's and Sherif's all the time with no idea what I want. But not LITERALLY no idea. Maybe I've been researching SBRs vs Others or a high end striker steel frame pistol vs a single action hammer pistol. A couple visits ago I walked into Randy's and he came up with a smile "What do I have for you?" and I responded with "I actually have no idea, help the next guy" He laughed, Sam started talking about some rifles, guys in the shop got to talking and I narrowed down what I wanted. Walked out with a rifle. But from what I've seen in the last three pages of comments. Is someone who wants to walk into a shop, no idea what he wants and to be shown random guns with no direction.

I'll give a perfect example of this. At work we go to lunch every day. We go to lunch at 12pm. Without fail, everyday the other senior guy with me will start whining about where we are going to go to lunch at around 11:30am. So we will sit there and rattle off 10 places until finally we get to the answer he actually wanted but wouldn't f***ing tell us. So last week I'm sick of this. And I go up to him all excited at 11:30am "Hey! you're going to be pumped, guess where we are going to lunch?" Now, I have no idea where we are going to lunch, but whatever he guesses. Bam, that's where we are going, no wasting my time rattling off 10 places. His response? "Oh I'm not falling for that". I get paid no matter what, to spend 30 minutes every day figuring out where this pain in the ass wants to go to lunch and I still don't have the patience or time to deal with it. Now, imagine you're a miserable troll on the internet who walks into a small business gun store and wants to fondle 30 guns with no idea what you want and you can't even use google to figure out their f***ing operating hours. Think of how much of a pain in the ass you are to that gun store owner.

Just read back a couple pages and I think I see what's happening. I walk into Randy's and Sherif's all the time with no idea what I want. But not LITERALLY no idea. Maybe I've been researching SBRs vs Others or a high end striker steel frame pistol vs a single action hammer pistol. A couple visits ago I walked into Randy's and he came up with a smile "What do I have for you?" and I responded with "I actually have no idea, help the next guy" He laughed, Sam started talking about some rifles, guys in the shop got to talking and I narrowed down what I wanted. Walked out with a rifle. But from what I've seen in the last three pages of comments. Is someone who wants to walk into a shop, no idea what he wants and to be shown random guns with no direction.

I'll give a perfect example of this. At work we go to lunch every day. We go to lunch at 12pm. Without fail, everyday the other senior guy with me will start whining about where we are going to go to lunch at around 11:30am. So we will sit there and rattle off 10 places until finally we get to the answer he actually wanted but wouldn't f***ing tell us. So last week I'm sick of this. And I go up to him all excited at 11:30am "Hey! you're going to be pumped, guess where we are going to lunch?" Now, I have no idea where we are going to lunch, but whatever he guesses. Bam, that's where we are going, no wasting my time rattling off 10 places. His response? "Oh I'm not falling for that". I get paid no matter what, to spend 30 minutes every day figuring out where this pain in the ass wants to go to lunch and I still don't have the patience or time to deal with it. Now, imagine you're a miserable troll on the internet who walks into a small business gun store and wants to fondle 30 guns with no idea what you want and you can't even use google to figure out their f***ing operating hours. Think of how much of a pain in the ass you are to that gun store owner.

You are asking someone who lacks self-awareness to be introspective. I am not sure it will work.

That would be my first thought. Not all shops I go to a great customer service types but the ones I return to are. I have two places in particular that have first shot at my money. Both are responsive to my inquiries and if they don't have what I'm looking for they contact me when to do have it. KAG arms being one. I however am not making a fun trip to the mill this weekend :( Daughter has a girl scout cookie booth and I like to avoid the super craziness I envision it being this weekend as mush as possible.
Dude!!!

Have your daughter set up the cookie booth at the Mill!!!

I GUARANTEE she would sell out all the cookies!!!

GUARANTEE!!!

<No Pedo>

That would be my first thought. Not all shops I go to a great customer service types but the ones I return to are. I have two places in particular that have first shot at my money. Both are responsive to my inquiries and if they don't have what I'm looking for they contact me when to do have it. KAG arms being one. I however am not making a fun trip to the mill this weekend :( Daughter has a girl scout cookie booth and I like to avoid the super craziness I envision it being this weekend as mush as possible.
We would buy her out in 5 minutes

If my daughter was selling cookies, I’d park as the mill all day. Screw stop and shop.

Dude!!!

Have your daughter set up the cookie booth at the Mill!!!

I GUARANTEE she would sell out all the cookies!!!

GUARANTEE!!!

<No Pedo>

We would buy her out in 5 minutes

If my daughter was selling cookies, I’d park as the mill all day. Screw stop and shop.
If it were that easy we would. I'm not 100% sure how it works since this is more my wife's gig but I'm pretty sure the booth locations need to be approved in advance by the girl scout counsel and be within your district. We are Blackstone, Bellingham and Millville. So tomorrow its Rapid Refill in Bellingham from 9am-1pm. My kid will be there from 11am-1pm.

Need to save up some cash for next mill trip as it will be an ammo restock shopping extravaganza.

If it were that easy we would. I'm not 100% sure how it works since this is more my wife's gig but I'm pretty sure the booth locations need to be approved in advance by the girl scout counsel and be within your district. We are Blackstone, Bellingham and Millville. So tomorrow its Rapid Refill in Bellingham from 9am-1pm. My kid will be there from 11am-1pm.

Need to save up some cash for next mill trip as it will be an ammo restock shopping extravaganza.

Don’t ask, don’t tell. Just set up a table at the mill and have a record sale day. The Girl Scout leadership wont care, they’ll just see the dollar signs.

1706960870092.jpeg

check my signature. (Turn phone sideways) Has hours. Everyone likes to copy my hours. Lots of other shops you can go check out their high prices. Then come back and buy. More guns in my room than any other room in the mill. Lots of good ones. Some crappy glocks that some people seem to like. You know the drill.
I didn't know what I was missing in portrait mode.

You are not kidding. I just came here. These dudes in the parking lot with the tent are a hoot. Some one should tell them that they can stay in their cars.
Just leave me a 4473 in the corner, I'm not browsing or wasting your time so I can cut the line and get straight to the form, right? Right??

Now, imagine you're a miserable troll on the internet who walks into a small business gun store and wants to fondle 30 guns with no idea what you want and you can't even use google to figure out their f***ing operating hours. Think of how much of a pain in the ass you are to that gun store owner.
FFS, go back and read them again then. My initial post (just about 100 posts up from this) stated that I went twice on Wednesdays (when lots of shops post as being open) and there was almost no one there. Places only open a few times a week are by definition hit or miss for availability, so I asked when a good time to go would be. That's it. And from there, a continuous stream of "I read one post and I know what's going on" chuckleheads seem to have decided that I want to go in and play with other people's toys while chewing up their time.

Frankly, I'd rather not. I've never asked to handle a gun I don't have real interest in buying (I've purchased nearly 3/4 of the guns I've handled in a store over the past 40 years) and I'd prefer to be left the hell alone in a shop if I don't have a question for the person behind the counter. I tend to politely decline offers at the range to shoot other people's guns, probably a holdover from when my budget was such that a box of ammo was just about my quota for a few weeks. I like to use small local shops and don't mind paying a reasonable premium to do so.

WRT what I'm currently looking for, it's down to a choice among 3 fairly common pistols, but it's not a price issue. Even if it was, both the shop and I have better things to do that have me burn both our times calling and asking for pricing on multiple guns. Were I to come across a shop that had one of each on hand, I'd end up buying one then and there. But in the same vein, I'm not going to burn a lot of everyone's time calling multiple shops and asking "Do you have this and this and this?" I did think that with multiple shops in the same place there may be an opportunity to see a couple at a time, but that's apparently not how the Mill works according to some people.

Hey, the state's working nights trying to put everyone in the building out of business, but a fair number of the Mill proponents seem to be uninterested in supporting the shops if it will impede their ability to run their mouths. Interesting take.

Last edited:
It's like Skid Row at the mill, you'd think it's a homeless encampment with all the people sitting along the hallways, out in the parking lot, everywhere. I've never seen such crowds.

Back
Top Bottom