• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting Time for LTC ?

I went down the night of Sept. 28th for a Class A No Restriction..

Just got it Friday... 6 Weeks on the day...

Strange thing is.. it has a issue date of Oct. 25th??

Question for all those that received their Class A-ALP

Anyone applied for the ALP for "personal protection" ? or was it "job related" ?

I went looking for a FID card.. The Sargent asked what weapons I had and if I had any "High Cap" ones.. I said yes.. then he just said forget everything else.. and get the Class A LTC so it will cover everything.. So I said "sounds good to me".. [grin]

8 weeks today and still waiting....called last, week talked to the lt. said that it seems to take forever for them to get them back, took him 2.5 months to get his renewal..... sigh

Question for all those that received their Class A-ALP

Anyone applied for the ALP for "personal protection" ? or was it "job related" ?

Unless the application has changed, I didn't put either in that spot. I put "All Lawful Purposes". I figured that was the reason I wanted it.

Ready for this one ?....

I called my local PD and asked the status of my application,...I was asked "when did you apply"...I answered "9/26/07"....Then I was asked " Has it been 6 weeks like I told you?" I replied " Well, Yes it has been 8 weeks"...I was then placed on hold, and when the Licensing person came back " I mailed that out 2-3 weeks ago, Are you sure you did not get it ?"....I said "I'm sure, I have been looking for it every day" ...." Well, that is strange, You should have gotten it by now, Ill report it as Lost and Send for a new one"...Ill have it Monday abd Ill mail it again.......

DAMN POST OFFICE.....

Michael

Ready for this one ?....

I called my local PD and asked the status of my application,...I was asked "when did you apply"...I answered "9/26/07"....Then I was asked " Has it been 6 weeks like I told you?" I replied " Well, Yes it has been 8 weeks"...I was then placed on hold, and when the Licensing person came back " I mailed that out 2-3 weeks ago, Are you sure you did not get it ?"....I said "I'm sure, I have been looking for it every day" ...." Well, that is strange, You should have gotten it by now, Ill report it as Lost and Send for a new one"...Ill have it Monday abd Ill mail it again.......

DAMN POST OFFICE.....

Michael

The attitude on the part of the officer was uncalled for.

I reapplied for mine last week here in barnstable, I was told it would be 3 months. Last time
it took 6 months. The feds can do an instant background check in minutes but it takes the state months to do wtf?

I reapplied for mine last week here in barnstable, I was told it would be 3 months. Last time
it took 6 months. The feds can do an instant background check in minutes but it takes the state months to do wtf?

It doesn't take the state 6 months. It rarely takes 3 months.

Your PD is, at best, grossly inefficient; at worst, patently obstructionistic.

Got it -- LTC A Restrictions: None

1 Day short of 9 Weeks...Including the "Sent it to you 3 weeks ago"....and another 6 days to get a replacement.

Last edited:
Let me be the first to congratulate you Michael. Welcome to the fraternity.

So what are you going to buy? And please don't say a Jennings or a Taurus.

Bill

I called Westford today (it's been 4 weeks so far), and they gave me the old 'waiting on the letter from the state'. I'm trying to decide if I want to be an optimist and join Westford Sportsmens Club tonight, or wait until the January meeting.

I've heard of people getting their LTCs in as little as a couple of
weeks (rare!) and up to 3 months or longer wait. Back when I got
mine, it was an easy 3 months. If the IA is "honest" then 6
weeks or so is probably your answer. A word of advice- don't
bother watching the pot, or it will never boil. [laugh]

-Mike

Going in to renew tomorrow - 60 days from expiring.

Will give report on any new procedures/policies - will update when I have received it for a total turn around time.

Wish me luck.

I've heard of people getting their LTCs in as little as a couple of
weeks (rare!) and up to 3 months or longer wait. Back when I got
mine, it was an easy 3 months. If the IA is "honest" then 6
weeks or so is probably your answer. A word of advice- don't
bother watching the pot, or it will never boil. [laugh]

-Mike

There are a few people here in New Bedford who I know that have gotten theirs in around 3 weeks. Tomorrow will make 5 weeks for me since I went for my renewal.
One thing I noticed is that some of those people got their appointment a few weeks before their license was due to expire so it seems like it was rushed. I'm hoping that because mine still has 19 days before expiring that they're dragging their feet a little and it'll come any day now. When I met with the licensing officer I was told it'd be a wait of 3 to 6 weeks.
Even with a prior arrest record I was told by the woman doing the licensing that day that as long as I haven't been in any trouble since having been issued a license that I was all set. ::fingers crossed::

And BTW Mike... tonight when I was checking the mail my wife told me "Maybe if you stop wishing for it to come in the mail, it'll show up" [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom