Waiting Time for LTC ?

Thats my cousin...Sounds like you do know him. I dont keep in touch with him as much as I should. He is a good Man...I knocked on Jim's door but i did not get an answer... 2 months ago or so...

Talk Soon
Michael

Got the phone call today and picked up my LTC A, no restrictions. The clerk said my husband's should be in soon. He applied a week later. Woo hoo!

Applied Sept. 17th. License in hand October 29th. 6 weeks to the day!

Congrats on your ltc, mine was 5 week waite no restriction two days after I bought my 1st gun (Glock 19) many more to come... but Congrats on yours.

CONGRATS..Figuring that PennyPincher applied on 9/17 and recieved it on 10/29, where I applied on 9/26 then I should recieve the call 9 days after PennyPincher recieved hers...So i should recieve mine on 11/7...right???

Conga-rats, Penny!

So... you going to becom a paid member so you can attend the upcoming shoot and show off whatever you wind up purchasing?

Got the phone call today and picked up my LTC A, no restrictions. The clerk said my husband's should be in soon. He applied a week later. Woo hoo!

Applied Sept. 17th. License in hand October 29th. 6 weeks to the day!

I passed my application in late August. I had my interview/finger print/etc on 9/18 and I'm still waiting. My check was cashed on 9/27 so I assume that means I will get it.

This is Chelmsford BTW. The woman who does the licenses is very nice but has had some health issues which mean limited work hours. She did say that Chelmsford only does LTC-A ALP (or an FID card for those that request it).

I don't know if I should call or not. Harrassing them about this seems like not such a great tactic.

Last edited:
QUINCY

The process here in Quincy has been smooth. No problems getting an appointment. Applied on 9/20, I received a call yesterday stating the Chief approved me for Target/Sporting (who saw that coming?). So it’s off to CHSB, so hopefully I’ll have the card in hand in a few days. Right on target for the 6-8 weeks I was quoted at the time of application.

oh they just took all my info and said I should know in about 6 weeks.

same here. I guess I couldve looked over the shoulder of the officer doing the information inputitng, but I didnt want to appear to be a nosy bastard, you know? The longest amount of time I had to wait at my appointment was for the information to actually transfer in when the guy hit send. He didnt ask me any questions, nothing. Hopefully this means that Im cleared for what I applied for [smile]

Family member got his first license and it took 8 weeks from entry/application date. Plymouth, Class A, ALP.

The officer handling my renewal told me I was all set with the upgrade to ALP (had Reason for issuing Business purposes only before) and renewal. New Bedford only issues ALP and Hunting and Target now, and everyone I know have gone ALP on renewal.
I inquired about previous arrests I had, all of which I was told by an attorney that I should be ok on, and she said as long as I didn't have any violations since being licensed I was good to go.
I was told my license should be received through the mail in 3 to 6 weeks.
I'm still nervous but if and when I get my LTC in hand, I'll want to officially declare New Bedford green and LTC friendly. Details to follow in my thread started last week which will update weekly.

Somerville has sucky issuance policies (almost impossible to get an ALP) but they do issue within the time allotted by law, so they get some credit for that.

applied 9/26 called CHSB yesterday "Your license is active" I asked when Was it activted "oct 3"....Local PD " Yup, Your all set...Just waiting on the letter from the state, it is out of my control right now"
I assume "the letter" is the Mental health check??? When I asked others I know with LTC including LEO from another PD It as the first they have heard of it...How long has this been in effect (Mental health check) anyone know ??

Michael

I thought it might have been even more recent than that. So, They do have the authority to issue without the letter...WTF, My License was activated 7 days after I applied for it and Have been waiting on the Letter since?....

Back
Top Bottom