• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting Time for LTC ?

I am Waiting for a LTC to be sent to me, I applied Last week and Was informed that it will take upto 6 weeks...Is that typical ? What are the chances for it to come sooner? I have my eye on a nice piece, and just can not wait to hit the range with it....any info appreated !

Michael

I am Waiting for a LTC to be sent to me, I applied Last week and Was informed that it will take upto 6 weeks...Is that typical ? What are the chances for it to come sooner? I have my eye on a nice piece, and just can not wait to hit the range with it....any info appreated !

Michael

It could, it seems that some PDs wait until they get multiple applications and process them at the same time. Mine recently took about 4 weeks in Plainville, for that very reason. Although, I hear some people receive their's in half that time, and some seem to wait forever. Depends on where you live and how you hit it.

Good luck.

Last edited:
thanks....Im in malden, MA I seem to have hit it OK so far. She did the record check right there and then. I was FingerPrinted and Photographed, and Re-Fringerprinted on Card...I was told "Your all set, upto 6 weeks" so I hope it somes soon...anyone with info on Malden, MA ?

Michael

We recently applied and were told the same thing. The clerk here in town said it's slowed down since they started doing the mental health check. Also, they need your electronic prints to run you through the criminal record system? Found that out last night when we got the elctronic prints done and photo. My town is pretty easy to get an LTC-A evidently so I'm not too concerned that they would be dragging it out. Initial application was submitted Sept 17th, they "sent it out" on the 20th. I'll let you know how it goes. My husband was about a week later because he was traveling.

Michael, you might want to look at some of the threads in the Gun Law forum. The time to get your LTC varies with what town you're in, what the CLEO's attitude on armed citizens is, and sometimes, I suspect, the phase of the moon. Some people have reported getting their LTC in 2-3 weeks, and one guy in Worcester took something like 5 months or more.

This is one of the big problems with letting the local chiefs do this. Some of them are no more than petty tyrants exercising their petty little egos, and some of them believe that the Second Amendment DOES apply to individuals and act accordingly.

Getting Fustrated now. WTF, I mean they looked me up thethre and then, See that record...thats mine, Yea Im a bad-ass..Unreg Motor vehicle...serious villan. Call the MSP...Has he even been in the Cracker Factory?..No, OK then here is the LTC...What is the big deal, I mean, they have my whole life on the computer, Do they expect me to do something while the application is pending?

Welcome to the People's Republik of Massachusetts, Michael. Don't like the policies? Start voting gun-friendly reps and senators in and get your friends to do the same. Want to do more? Get involved in politics yourself.

Unfortunately, complaining to us won't do any good - our legistraitors don't listen to us, either. [thinking]

Michael, no offense, but you've got a lot to learn about Massachusetts and guns.

When it comes right down to it, an individual has little to fall back on when things take longer than they should, or don't go the way you expect them too.

If Malden said 6 weeks, give them six weeks. If you don't have it by then, call them. I know how anxious you are, we've all been there. Just don't expect anything to go "by the book" when it comes to Mass licenses and the process of getting them.

Check some of the threads in the Mass gun laws section. You'll see all the kinds of misadventures we in Mass get into trying to obey the law.

yea, your right. I will check that out. Im just the type that can not wait for anything. Im Half bald just from christmas. By the way, I see you live in Norton, I lived there several years ago...Back when Anns Place was well, Anns Place...I Lived on King Philip Rd on Lake Winnacunnet.

Michael

Do they expect me to do something while the application is pending?

Yep... Wait.

I know it's hard. Just be patient it will come. If you don't receive it in four weeks call and ask for the status of your application.

If waiting is the only negative experience you have had in obtaining your LTC for the first time you are doing pretty well. Others have experienced nightmares.

Congrats.

It wouldn't go over well at all. My wife called after 90 days and they pulled an attitude.

Next town meeting where the PD is asking for money, you should attend and provide the same attitude. Also, let the selectmen or the mayor know why you and your family, friends, and neighbors are thinking about voting for a change next election.

Michael, welcome to the forum.

I too live on Lake Winnecunnet, but the other side, not King Philip.

Ann's place is the Chateau now, and it's very good. What other place can I go to by canoe?

The police are pretty good here for licenses. Too bad you left.

Any one know how long Boston takes now.

My last 2 times it took me 5 and 6 months. Supposedly it got better.

Depicts,

Norton High? How old? Im 36 now...Lived there in 1985-87 or so. My cousin was on the PD there. And for the life of me, I can not think of the names of the 2 streets on that side. I was driving though there about a month ago and stopped by an old Class-mates house on Lincon st/rd...but i guess he moved...Jim Leahy ring a bell?

Michael

Michael, Sure I know Jim Leahy, though I know his brother Kevin better. He used to come over to my house to fish for a lot of years. (There was always an "extra" boat around my yard)

My son is a couple of years older than you are, but he was on the Norton PD a few years later. Who's your cousin?

The other two streets are River Road and Charlotte Ave... and there is also Maplewood.

They paved Lincoln St a few years ago. It's really different isn't it?

Yes Kevin, I forgot his name. How long ago did they move ? Maplewood and Charlette was what I had in mind..my cousin retired about 15 yrs ago..Dugas

Michael, I know Peter. I just saw him at the fire station a week ago.

We're both Vietnam Veterans, and I think I met him around 1986. Like me he's out on a VA disability now. He was a good cop.

Keven moved to California after living with his father in Florida for awhile.

The last time I went up Lincoln St there were the usual bunch of cars at their house. Did you ask if the mother was still living there? You might be right. There has been talk of them moving for quite awhile.

Back
Top Bottom