• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting Time for LTC ?

wendesday will mark the 7 week point here in Attleboro for me waiting. Anyone with Attleboro experience able to chime in on the wait time here? The sargeant said "4 to 6 weeks before you call us to ask where it is" so i figure I can call, but I dont want to sound too pushy to them, ya know?

wendesday will mark the 7 week point here in Attleboro for me waiting. Anyone with Attleboro experience able to chime in on the wait time here? The sargeant said "4 to 6 weeks before you call us to ask where it is" so i figure I can call, but I dont want to sound too pushy to them, ya know?

Call CHSB first to see if you can ascertain when your app was submitted and the status of your license.

Then you'll have something to judge the APD's response by. [wink]

Call CHSB first to see if you can ascertain when your app was submitted and the status of your license.

I wasn't aware we could contact the CHSB and figured only the Firearms division could check status.
Today makes 5 weeks for me and today's mail hasn't come yet.
For the hell of it I tried the firearms division here a few mins ago and told them I couldn't remember if it had 5 or 6 weeks since my appointment. I was told give it an extra week to be sure and then I can call.[rolleyes]

Applied Nov 12th, 3 weeks and counting...

I was told if I do not recieve it in 8 weeks to call !

I have been sooo anxious, i feel like a kid again running to the mailbox when I get home from work to see if it has arrived!! Picking out what AR15 parts i want to order, what handgun to get, oh my!!! I get all giddy just thinking about it!!

I wasn't aware we could contact the CHSB and figured only the Firearms division could check status.

Not only can you call them, but I found them quick, efficient, and friendly! When I made the call, the guy on the other end was very sympathetic and helpful, and determined in under a minute where my LTC app was. It was the local PD who were the ones dragging their feet. It's amazing how quickly the gal at the local PD hopped to when I told her I'd called and checked with the state.

What number are you guys using to check with CHSB? The (617) 660-4600 number on the front page of their web site?

soo, I called Attleboro PD, and they said that the state hadnt mailed it yet. I wasnt so sure about this answer, so I call the CHSB, and they said that Attleboro hadnt approved the permit yet. SO, does that mean its still sitting at attleboro PD collecting dust and hasnt been processed yet?

What should I do next? wait a few days and then call Attleboro back and tell them that I talked to chsb? or not mention chsb at all?

Gah, what a clusterf***!! I want to get something before christmas, and its coming down to the wire!

Very pleasant experience for my renewal process.

A couple new things for me - they now take digital scans of fingerprint instead of the old ink and roll method. They took a digital photo of me at the same time.

I was explained only $25 of the $100 processing fee stays with the town.

The new license will be mailed directly instead of having to pick it up at the station. I was told if I did not have it in hand within 6 weeks to call and notify.

What should I do next? wait a few days and then call Attleboro back and tell them that I talked to chsb? or not mention chsb at all !

This is *exactly* where I was, and I called the PD right up and told them I'd talked to the CHSB, and they dropped all the bull and I had my LTC about a week later (after waiting 4 months).

soo, I called Attleboro PD, and they said that the state hadnt mailed it yet. I wasnt so sure about this answer, so I call the CHSB, and they said that Attleboro hadnt approved the permit yet. SO, does that mean its still sitting at attleboro PD collecting dust and hasnt been processed yet?

What part of Call CHSB first
did you not comprehend? [rolleyes]

Thumbs up to the CHSB.[grin]
I called today in the afternoon and spoke with a guy who said my license had been printed and shipped out already. I plan on telling the firearms division here in NB that if I don't have it by next Tuesday (my 6th week).
I also asked the guy at CHSB what the license said and he told it was issued as Class A Large Capacity with no restrictions. No more Businesss Purposes only for me. [smile]

ive been waiting 7 weeks for class a renewal,called today,blown off as usual,heres the kicker i am trained,licensed,and qualified by the state department of correction to carry on duty.....im so glad i moved back to massachusetts..this place is great

ive been waiting 7 weeks for class a renewal,called today,blown off as usual,heres the kicker i am trained,licensed,and qualified by the state department of correction to carry on duty.....im so glad i moved back to massachusetts..this place is great

Who did you call PD or CHSB ? - as you should be calling CHSB as stated by others above.

called chsb today,(thanks for the advice)they were more helpful in 5 minutes than my local p.d. has been in the 12 years ive been here,looked up my records,approved and mailed to the dept. 2 weeks ago.called dept again asked if they would check the drawer,"no sir,no license here"..explained that i just got off phone with chsb and it was mailed out 2 weeks ago.answer "uhh,let me transfer you to leave a message at the licensing desk" .I waived my law enforcement discount and paid the 100.00,waited 8 weeks,and now my license has become mysteriously lost on the way to the p.d.[angry] save some new hampshire real estate for me ,im outta here

called chsb today,(thanks for the advice)they were more helpful in 5 minutes than my local p.d. has been in the 12 years ive been here,looked up my records,approved and mailed to the dept. 2 weeks ago.called dept again asked if they would check the drawer,"no sir,no license here"..explained that i just got off phone with chsb and it was mailed out 2 weeks ago.answer "uhh,let me transfer you to leave a message at the licensing desk" .I waived my law enforcement discount and paid the 100.00,waited 8 weeks,and now my license has become mysteriously lost on the way to the p.d.[angry] save some new hampshire real estate for me ,im outta here

Well atleast you know your approved and the only person dragging their feet is your local PD.
Might be a little story you want to pass onto Goal as they are in the mist of collecting data on delays and problems.

I had an interesting conversation today with my local PD. It had been 6 weeks and I was told I couldn't call until then so I did today.
I was polite and explained that I called the CHSB and they said my license had been printed and shipped to them. I also said I was wondering if I was supposed to go pick it up, or if it had been mailed I wondered if it was lost in the mail.

The officer basically politely scolded me for calling the CHSB saying that I should only call the PD and ony after 6 weeks was up since they were the ones issuing me the license, not the CHSB. I called from work so it was a little noisy and I couldn't make out everything he said, but he said something about now the CHSB would be contacting them.
I explained that I figured because the PD was swamped with renewals that I didn't want to bother them, etc. and continued to be as polite and nice as I could be. The officer then put me on hold and checked the status of my license and came back on to tell me that they had my license but couldn't send it to me yet. He said they were waiting for something to come back to them before they could send me my license. Something about fingerprinting. [thinking]

I thought that once the CHSB printed the license and sent it to the PD that it was set in stone and you were good to go. Thankfully my LTC doesn't expire untill the 22nd of this month. I just hope I get it before then. As it is now after the conversation I had today, I'm leary of calling them back.

I would once again refer anyone having a problem with their renewal to make GOAL aware... you can go right to their website and its front page news that they are collecting data on problems getting the renewal process done.

now that i have proof it was printed and shipped to the p.d. according to the chsb,and when i call and leave a message at the licensing office i never get a return call,i am assuming they are holding it,maybe they are waiting for dec 25 to release it to me for some sick reason, what do i do now?[thinking]

Contact your State Rep with the info. Amazing how fast they can find it when queried by someone who controls the city/town's purse-strings (local aid funding).

I had an interesting conversation today with my local PD. It had been 6 weeks and I was told I couldn't call until then so I did today.
I was polite and explained that I called the CHSB and they said my license had been printed and shipped to them. I also said I was wondering if I was supposed to go pick it up, or if it had been mailed I wondered if it was lost in the mail.

The officer basically politely scolded me for calling the CHSB saying that I should only call the PD and ony after 6 weeks was up since they were the ones issuing me the license, not the CHSB. I called from work so it was a little noisy and I couldn't make out everything he said, but he said something about now the CHSB would be contacting them.
I explained that I figured because the PD was swamped with renewals that I didn't want to bother them, etc. and continued to be as polite and nice as I could be. The officer then put me on hold and checked the status of my license and came back on to tell me that they had my license but couldn't send it to me yet. He said they were waiting for something to come back to them before they could send me my license. Something about fingerprinting. [thinking]

I thought that once the CHSB printed the license and sent it to the PD that it was set in stone and you were good to go. Thankfully my LTC doesn't expire untill the 22nd of this month. I just hope I get it before then. As it is now after the conversation I had today, I'm leary of calling them back.

I would have replied with "Officer, with all due respect, I'm free to call anyone in government I please".

Renewal update .... Appointment on 12/4 - Check cashed 12/21.
Hoping that is a sign of about 2-3 weeks more wait time.

Back
Top Bottom