• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish instead of filling my safes with rifles over the years I had filled them with ammo instead. Now I have a million guns, and I can't afford to shoot any of them.

You get 4 FA 10s per year. That should buy some ammo! [wink]

I think I know a sexual connoisseur that would be down for atilla factory.

You will leave with more than you went into it with. And I'm not talking about babies. She's fun.

Wow, how is everyone getting so much for .223? I actually paid $9.95/20rnds from one of the local shops and I thought that was a lot... I'm usually hard pressed to pay anything over $8 for brass case or $6-7 for steel case (are the days of $4.79 steel case over???).

It's pretty crazy...someone posted 5.56 at $1 per round...little too expensive for me!

anyone selling the ammo for buddy-****er prices is ****ing their buddy. that is what makes a buddy-****er. the act of ****ing your buddy or buddies.

Selling at panic pricing to someone I've never met isn't being a buddy-****er. He's not my buddy. It's an arms length transaction. I sold some AR parts to a friend building his first rifle at pre-panic pricing and facilitated his buying an upper from another friend that I could have bought and resold for a profit instead. He's a friend who needs an AR, so I helped him out. I wouldn't help out some random guy like that; he has to pay the going rate. Just like I have sex with my girlfriend for free, but atilla has to pay.

Selling at panic pricing to someone I've never met isn't being a buddy-****er. He's not my buddy. It's an arms length transaction. I sold some AR parts to a friend building his first rifle at pre-panic pricing and facilitated his buying an upper from another friend that I could have bought and resold for a profit instead. He's a friend who needs an AR, so I helped him out. I wouldn't help out some random guy like that; he has to pay the going rate. Just like I have sex with my girlfriend for free, but atilla has to pay.

PAY? goddamn it didn't i say i was a pinko?

p.s. reps for helping your buddy. [grin]

How much is a 30 round AR mag with a nifty green follower worth? I don't know, but I'm willing to put it on GB for auction to find out... thinking I might start it at $100.

How are pmags still out of stock everywhere? Is it that involved to work with polymer?

They're out of stock everywhere because 2 things are happening:

-There is an entire gigantic herd of retards buying them like crazy because they think they're gonna get banned tomorrow. [rolleyes]

-There is another entire herd of people trying to make money off said retards, so they try to buy them up first and mark them up at some stupidly high inflated price. Eventually the first group of retards will run out of money and the supply will magically re appear because the 2nd group will have a bunch of stuff that nobody with a brain wants to buy at the price they are selling it for.

-Mike

How are pmags still out of stock everywhere? Is it that involved to work with polymer?

Brownells said that in 5 days they sold as many PMags as they expected to sell in 3 years.

No one can keep up with demand when it increases that quickly. They can't match it by running 24x7. They will need more factory space, more production equipment and more molds. It takes time and money to increase capacity. Do they make that large investment knowing that congress could ban standard cap mags and this destroy demand in less than six months? Do they increase capacity even though they expect that, if no knew laws are passed, demand will taper off back to normal in the next year or two?

If you were an executive facing that decision, what would you do? Spend a ton of money increasing production capacity, knowing that investment may be worthless in six months? Or just hire some temps and work OT pumping out what you can and accept that for the foreseeable future you have a 2+ year order backlog?

If I was in that situation, I would hire some temps, pump out what I could, but basically wait and see before making any large capital outlays. As a result, my production capacity might double, but demand went up 10+ times.

Smoking deal just posted in the Classifieds. Only 10k for 100 Mags and I guess if you don't like it you can **** Off as he puts it. Oh Plus Shipping.

imagini-amuzante-butthurt.jpg

There is an entire gigantic herd of retards buying them like crazy because they think they're gonna get banned tomorrow. [rolleyes]

Unfortunately, these people may be called visionaries by the end of the year. IF a ban happens this year, only those who bought in anticipation will have come out on top in the scavenger hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom