The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
+2.5 the going rate for nothing!

I noticed a lot of reposts in the classifieds over the weekend...looks like all the suckers may have been cleared out...no one willing to pay the panic markup.

- - - Updated - - -

+2.5 the going rate for nothing!

I noticed a lot of reposts in the classifieds over the weekend...looks like all the suckers may have been cleared out...no one willing to pay the panic markup.

Things are hanging around in the classifieds a lot more than they were 2 or 3 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago, a bushmaster AR was selling easily for $2500. [rofl]

I hadn't been in to a local store in a while so while on a trip to Lowe's I stopped by NET just to see what they had in stock. The pistol case was barren, the rifle rack behind the counter had one .22 rifle on it and lots of ammo was out of stock. Craziness.

I hadn't been in to a local store in a while so while on a trip to Lowe's I stopped by NET just to see what they had in stock. The pistol case was barren, the rifle rack behind the counter had one .22 rifle on it and lots of ammo was out of stock. Craziness.

What about rat traps? Any of those in stock?

What about rat traps? Any of those in stock?

I'm sure they had none big enough for the rat that inhabits that place!

You guys are worse than me. [rofl2]

Dude...

Things are hanging around in the classifieds a lot more than they were 2 or 3 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago, a bushmaster AR was selling easily for $2500. [rofl]

Yup, there have been a lot of nice pieces that I would consider grabbing but not at these markups. I have been better off trolling the shops looking for deals, especially non "black and extra killy" rifle stuff. Picked up a mint Marlin 1894 in .44 mag for very short money in a shop I just walked in too, same with an SKS at another shop...excellent condition at way below current asking prices.

I can't believe Northeast Traitors is still in business... Well, this is Massachusetts - so maybe it's not that hard to believe...[thinking]

RatOgreHead1.gif

I can't believe Northeast Traitors is still in business... Well, this is Massachusetts - so maybe it's not that hard to believe...[thinking]

They're still in business because there's a lack of substantial gun shops in that region. Like I could draw a square around that part of MA and there are only a couple of shops outside of NET I would go into. That and the location, it is kind of like the same BS that keeps the gun room in business... that and, the rat seems to be adept at always getting his mug on television, every time there is a news thing about gun sales in MA, ratface appears on TV, free advertising. [thinking]

-Mike

I plead guilty as well, I was over at the registry renewing my drivers license and dropped by to peek in. I was shocked how bare the handgun counter was. The powder selection was low as well.

WASR Prices

I am seeing these things for sale for Over 1000 bucks!! Are people really paying that for a WASR?

I'll tell you who aint paying it....ME !

Funny, I wanted one, and almost bought one, and then sandy Hook.... Got a couple Glocks instead.

I'll wait the craziness out or until a good price pops up.

I am seeing these things for sale for Over 1000 bucks!! Are people really paying that for a WASR?

I don't see any WASR's with prices over $1000 on gunbroker that actually have bids on them. There are quite a few in the $800 that people are bidding on. If you don't like the price, don't buy.

Yes! These are 400 dollar or less 6 moa guns.I was looking to get one to beat on but wow.I can understand an AR going for possibly double what it's worth but a WASR?

Yes! These are 400 dollar or less 6 moa guns.I was looking to get one to beat on but wow.I can understand an AR going for possibly double what it's worth but a WASR?

Then go to your nearest gun shop and buy one for $400. Oh, wait, they don't have any on the shelf, do they?

If you want one, then pay up. If you don't want to pay up, then don't buy. It's not that complicated. It's supply and demand.

Wow..thanks for clearing that up for me!
Then go to your nearest gun shop and buy one for $400. Oh, wait, they don't have any on the shelf, do they?

If you want one, then pay up. If you don't want to pay up, then don't buy. It's not that complicated. It's supply and demand.

I remember griping about paying 400 bucks for an SAR1....now I wish I bought 3 instead of 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom