• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Pullman Arms today to get some ammo at lunchtime. Usually, I am either the only one in the parking lot, or there might be two employee vehicles there. Today, there were maybe 10-15 vehicles, and the place was packed! Everyone was buying everything. Pistols, rifles, ammo, gunsmithing, you name it. Holy cow! I got what I went for, which was just a routine thing, but I was astounded. Oh, and they raised ammo prices from like $4.85/20 to $5.20/20 or something like that. I really should have just bought a case and charged it.

ETA (by EddieCoyle): The run has begun, gun and ammo sales are surging, and it's getting hard to find stuff, and when you do find it, it's overpriced. We get it. Please discuss it here rather than starting (yet another) thread on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know the gun store i go to completely sold out of AR's today...panic mode. something doesnt feel right and people are assuming an AWB is def coming

We have about 5 distributers that we use. Not one of them has anything chambered in .223. There simply are no more AR-15 rifles available…they are all gone.

There was only one exception…one of the distributors had a few California bullet button AR’s.

Just before the CT incident we purchased a little over 30 AR’s for our new shop (unfortunately, most of those are simple .22lr AR’s)

Guilty... I bought a Core 15 AR today and I just ordered a 10 Pack of 30 round mags for the new AR and my AK. It feels different this time, something is going to get rammed through.

Went to buy my BCM upper an hour ago and most of them are out of stock! Ahhh wtf!!! I had it all planned and the money set to go. Hopefully they meet the demand but I'm not holding my breath. I guess I'll just buy another CCW.

Can't say I didn't buy a few thousand rounds for the Ar's and Ak's and even a few thousand for the handguns. Hey! Not like it goes bad.

the panic has started i see....in the end the only ones who benefit are the distributors, manufactures, and retailers....that said tommorow im stocking up on glock mags......

I had been blowing it off until a couple minutes ago, just read a WMUR article citing Kelly Ayotte being in favore of "reviewing" laws, and of course Maggie Hassan...

Just spent a few hundo on various high caps via slickgun sales... might be dropping a line to my club FFL too.

Went to buy my BCM upper an hour ago and most of them are out of stock! Ahhh wtf!!! I had it all planned and the money set to go. Hopefully they meet the demand but I'm not holding my breath. I guess I'll just buy another CCW.
I went on Bravo Company last night and saw they had the complete upper i wanted that has been sold out forever. I even had them pin and weld the muzzle break I chose. It shipped today! That's like 12 hr turnaround. I lucked out big time. Everything else is gone

the panic has started i see....in the end the only ones who benefit are the distributors, manufactures, and retailers....that said tommorow im stocking up on glock mags......

Damn, I wish I could find some square notch G19 mags. But I'll get some U notch just in case. ****ing politicians!!!

I had been blowing it off until a couple minutes ago, just read a WMUR article citing Kelly Ayotte being in favore of "reviewing" laws, and of course Maggie Hassan...

Just spent a few hundo on various high caps via slickgun sales... might be dropping a line to my club FFL too.

Are your ****ing shitting me???

I knew she was a RINO, but I didn't think she was THAT much of one.

****!

Why did this shit have to go down now, when I have hardly any money?

Are your ****ing shitting me???

I knew she was a RINO, but I didn't think she was THAT much of one.

****!

Why did this shit have to go down now, when I have hardly any money?

I'll be happy to cut you an NES discount after the ban comes down. $50 for thermolds, $100 for magpuls.

****! I am working on my DGW build and had my upper lined up to order this week! Every upper I find is gone. Maybe I'll just settle for the 14.5 BCM , that's the only one left :(

Sent from my POS iPhone

Gun stores report brisk business after Conn. massacre

Hopefully this is sending a message....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/17/gun-sales-brisk-connecticut-shooting/1775707/

"Our sales are astronomical,'' said Karl Durkheimer, owner of Northwest Armory in Portland, Ore. "We have customers coming in who are very worried for their personal safety. There is no question that sales are related'' to Friday's shooting, which left 28 dead including the 20-year-old shooter and his mother, and last week's deadly shooting at a Portland-area

Yup, I'm sure all these new EBR's will be handed right back over to the "authorities" (whatever they are) when they issue their call for them.

The typical fear buying has only been done by the gun owners and led to increased value in SWHC and RGR. This time, even the investors are predicting some type of ban and have been unloading the stocks.

I had a heck of a time finding AR and AK mags and ammo online today, virtually all the big guys are sold out. Some even say call for pricing like when buying lobster!! Luckily found some stock at one of the more obscure sites.....

What part of the gun(s) do we anticipate will be(called for being) "banned."

Is it OK to buy a few stripped lowers, with the understanding that the uppers are "gun parts" and won't be regulated? Or should we get our uppers on backorder now, too?

Four Seasons phone lines went down for about 10 minutes, and now they aren't answering it. Guessing they're swamped.

Guilty. Snagged one at he Sportman's Den. Almost no AR types left with no additional stock coming in. Only a cop or two was there when I walked in but a crowd of 10 when I left. Phone ringing literally every 5 seconds.

Was told place sold 18 in the past two days with everyone and their mother calling up to see if they can reserve one.

I saw plenty AR-15's in NH yesterday, but there wasn't much .223 ammo and they had no 9mm Glock mags.

I did pick up a new shotgun. I know I'm supposed to buy the more evil-looking ones in a panic, but I already have them and have trouble justifying just one more. I didn't have a shotgun, but now I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom