The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just handed 210 rounds of M855 5.56 yesterday at the range that i won in a huge-ass karma from hurley431 who is the ultimate NES anti-buddy-****er and a NES hero IMO. look at the bullshit going on and what does he do? gives away nearly $200 worth of ammo at the current market price.

ok so he kept the ammo can. [wink]

$200, I'm a fool!!! I could have bought a single PMAG with that much money!!!
and yes, I did keep the can... those things are worth their weight in gold. Nice to meet you, by the way.

It's not gouging if someone is a willing buyer.

Gouging is gouging period. Just because someone has the rite to be an a**h*** it doesn't stop them from being an a**h***. A starving man may be "willing" to give you his car for a loaf of bread but rest assured the person who accepts the car IS an a**h***!

I paid $280 for a new stripped YHM lower ceracoated in FDE. I still feel the need to wipe the lube off my ass every morning... Sure I could throw it up on GB for a 1 day auction and probably get $500-600 from a "willing buyer", it is ceracoated after all (gouger mentality). But I won't do that because I have a conscience and I'm not an a**h***!

Sure low supply + high demand = price increase. But just a assuredly $60 stripped upper + $150 starting bid = a**h***!

Gouging is gouging period. Just because someone has the rite to be an a**h*** it doesn't stop them from being an a**h***. A starving man may be "willing" to give you his car for a loaf of bread but rest assured the person who accepts the car IS an a**h***!

I paid $280 for a new stripped YHM lower ceracoated in FDE. I still feel the need to wipe the lube off my ass every morning... Sure I could throw it up on GB for a 1 day auction and probably get $500-600 from a "willing buyer", it is ceracoated after all (gouger mentality). But I won't do that because I have a conscience and I'm not an a**h***!

Sure low supply + high demand = price increase. But just a assuredly $60 stripped upper + $150 starting bid = a**h***!

Yeah but you commies keep forgetting what enables these high prices- nippleheads that keep paying them. Stop paying the stupid price and the problem fixes itself, or at least the price becomes somewhat more palatable.

Those who whine about the shit prices, and then pay them, are just enabling the problem.

-Mike

Starving and lacking all of the various gun parts/ammo you might want are 2 significantly different things.

I'm disappointed with all this commie talk about "speculation" which used to be punishable by 2 years of prison in the USSR.

I don't really need anything bad, but if I did, I'd probably sell some other things from my stash at inflated prices to compensate. The good thing is that demand will be high for a while and hopefully factories will start cranking at higher capacity as well as pressure will build up for more ammo imports. With so much more ammo and guns around, it would be harder to confiscate it all.

If everyone thought like you, there wouldn't be high prices. However it should be clear that:
1) Guns are not a requirement, they are a choice to own not a necessity.
2) People clearly do not think like you because they are willing to pay higher prices. You are the exception right now.

All transactions have a buyer. The buyer makes a decision to purchase at a set price. People are willingly paying higher prices and those of us that stocked up over the past years, and did smart things like start reloading, have stock we are willing to part with at a higher price.

If you don't like high prices don't buy, but don't act like your personal view on pricing applies to every other human being. It doesn't.

Also, aside from shit that went up in price, I have a bunch of things that haven't, so I'm in fact lost money on them. May be I should post them on Classifieds at increased price (to compensate my losses) and call people "a**h***s" for not willing to pay for my loss.

If everyone thought like you, there wouldn't be high prices. However it should be clear that:
1) Guns are not a requirement, they are a choice to own not a necessity.
2) People clearly do not think like you because they are willing to pay higher prices. You are the exception right now.

All transactions have a buyer. The buyer makes a decision to purchase at a set price. People are willingly paying higher prices and those of us that stocked up over the past years, and did smart things like start reloading, have stock we are willing to part with at a higher price.

If you don't like high prices don't buy, but don't act like your personal view on pricing applies to every other human being. It doesn't.

I'm not willing to pay the higher prices unless they throw in a coupon to receive a blow job.

If people are willing to pay out the ass for an item. More power to them, but I will not and will not complain out load about it either.

I'm disappointed with all this commie talk about "speculation" which used to be punishable by 2 years of prison in the USSR.

I don't really need anything bad, but if I did, I'd probably sell some other things from my stash at inflated prices to compensate. The good thing is that demand will be high for a while and hopefully factories will start cranking at higher capacity as well as pressure will build up for more ammo imports. With so much more ammo and guns around, it would be harder to confiscate it all.

Trading stuff - or even selling item #1 high to buy item #2 high - is definitely a good way to go these days. Some people won't let go of ammo for cash, but are happy to trade it for preban mags or ammo in another caliber.

We should all go in and build our own ammo factory.

People are still bitching about prices?

It is what it is.....as soon as people realize this is where the prices are at and will stay high for awhile the better off you will be.

If you waited till now to try and buy an AR or another sporty type firearm,that's bad planning on your part.

I understand there is a lot of gunny greenhorns late to the game which does suck for them.

People are still bitching about prices?

It is what it is.....as soon as people realize this is where the prices are at and will stay high for awhile the better off you will be.

If you waited till now to try and buy an AR or another sporty type firearm,that's bad planning on your part.

I understand there is a lot of gunny greenhorns late to the game which does suck for them.

You wanna puke, go read the code red thread on their facebook about limiting buyers and the ****ing horseshit coming out of peoples mouthes.

"limit them to one per month"
"only allow them to buy 1"
"force them to sign an agreement that they will not sell it after buying it"

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

Look, I dont like it, I think it's taking advantage of a shitty situation. Personally, I sold some stripped uppers for retail. I didn't need them, and wanted to pass them off to someone who wanted them. I could have totally cashed in and probably doubled my money, but I chose not to. However, if someone else wants to make some money of stuff they invested in, than good luck to em.

Seriously, if you want to be a whine bag pussy who is pissing and moaning crying for rules to stop this crap, than you need a kick in the dick. No better than the a**h***s on beacon hill who want to take our shit.

****ing pathetic.

You wanna puke, go read the code red thread on their facebook about limiting buyers and the ****ing horseshit coming out of peoples mouthes.

"limit them to one per month"
"only allow them to buy 1"
"force them to sign an agreement that they will not sell it after buying it"

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

Look, I dont like it, I think it's taking advantage of a shitty situation. Personally, I sold some stripped uppers for retail. I didn't need them, and wanted to pass them off to someone who wanted them. I could have totally cashed in and probably doubled my money, but I chose not to. However, if someone else wants to make some money of stuff they invested in, than good luck to em.

Seriously, if you want to be a whine bag pussy who is pissing and moaning crying for rules to stop this crap, than you need a kick in the dick. No better than the a**h***s on beacon hill who want to take our shit.

****ing pathetic.

I sold a stripped lower for $150 plus a stock to an NES member this weekend. The same lower is bringing $300 to $400 on Gunbroker.

That was my good deed for the year though. Everything else I sell will be for top dollar.

Why? Because F$%^ You, that's why.

i can't believe this thread has not been locked yet. i might have to post the free cat pic to make it happen. ****ing bunch of commies, don't be a nipplehead.[rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:

****ing pathetic.

I agree that there is a lot of BS in those threads, but so what if Code Red decides to place limits? (They did, 3; groups buys not affected). Are they not free to do so, and to even go so far as to ban those they find reselling their lowers on GB? (Completely aside from the issue of the 4473).

You follow the Umbrella Corp threads on Facebook? Cry more people, cry more....

I agree that there is a lot of BS in those threads, but so what if Code Red decides to place limits? (They did, 3; groups buys not affected). Are they not free to do so, and to even go so far as to ban those they find reselling their lowers on GB? (Completely aside from the issue of the 4473).

You follow the Umbrella Corp threads on Facebook? Cry more people, cry more....

Yeah Code Red is trying to prevent gouging of their products and trying to get people the lowers for their builds. In this climate I don't see this as a bad thing at all. They're a new company, still learning the crazy gun world I bet.

Wow, how is everyone getting so much for .223? I actually paid $9.95/20rnds from one of the local shops and I thought that was a lot... I'm usually hard pressed to pay anything over $8 for brass case or $6-7 for steel case (are the days of $4.79 steel case over???).

I'm glad I made the investment a couple of years ago, not that I am selling anything just that I don't have to buy it for a long, long time and can still shoot every week.

I'm glad I made the investment a couple of years ago, not that I am selling anything just that I don't have to buy it for a long, long time and can still shoot every week.

Bingo. Buying ammo has always been an investment decision for me. Whatever I don't use can be sold at cost or at a small profit. Just buy smart and in large quantities and you can't go wrong. Times like these reassures me that I'm not being overly optimistic about spending a little extra on ammo. I've only seen prices go in one direction...

Not sure when a YHM stripped lower + a $40 or so cerakote job was only worth $60...

I wish instead of filling my safes with rifles over the years I had filled them with ammo instead. Now I have a million guns, and I can't afford to shoot any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom