• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are pmags still out of stock everywhere? Is it that involved to work with polymer?

Ordered pmags in december, i just got conformation that intensetactical.com will be getting a shippment in about 2 weeks so hopefuly in the next month ill have my pmags ($18 bucks each btw) winning!

I ordered a upper from Del-ton on Dec 19th Called yesterday and was told another 6 months before delivery.
The cure for this is not to go full retard and wait it out. In 6 months the shelfs will be full again and the retards are going to be listening to the wife screaming to sell that AR and ammo because she wants to go on vacation and the flood will start. Sell any excess now and buy back in July.

Dave

Cabelas had lots of empty places on the shelves 01/30/13. They did have a dozen 500rd cans of American Eagle 115gr FMJ, not much for single boxes of any pistol rounds (did see some 38 & 10mm). No bricks of 22LR (I bought my FiL 100rd of HP he needed). I took the last 2 boxes of 180gr NAB 300WBY. No 223 or 308. They did have both flavors of Russian - large qty of Herters.

Pullman has a LOT of WPA Polyformance .223 55gr for $8.51/20 and also AK ammo and maybe some other as well. They said it won't last long.

Tell them you saw it on Northeast Shooters!

Last edited:
I am not pleased with the $8.51 a box. 2 weeks ago it was $4.99 or $5.25 a box. [rolleyes]

Steel cased crap for almost $10 a box? I'd rather go to Dick's and buy brass cased .223 for the same price. Lately Dick's has been having a lot of .223 in stock.

I am not pleased with the $8.51 a box. 2 weeks ago it was $4.99 or $5.25 a box. [rolleyes]

Steel cased crap for almost $10 a box? I'd rather go to Dick's and buy brass cased .223 for the same price. Lately Dick's has been having a lot of .223 in stock.

I was just about to say the same thing. Last year we were buying steel case for.17ea and now we feel we got a deal at .50. It's gonna be a long 4 years and prices are not going to come back down all the way.

Dave

No kidding! I mentioned that, and he said what they are paying is also a lot more. SOMEONE is making out like bandits from this.

No kidding! I mentioned that, and he said what they are paying is also a lot more. SOMEONE is making out like bandits from this.

Everyone is saying "it costs us more."

Give me a break. They are marking it up, just because they know they can. I will not pay $8.50 for 20 rounds of steel cased shit.

$5 yes. Not $8.50.

I've seen .223 in stock at 2 LGS already this week for just above average price, and it's not like I'm going out of my way to look for it. I only stopped at two shops. I've been on the hunt for a 12ga so just figured I'd check while I was there. Not sure who in their right mind would pay .80 cents a round as listed on this site. I look through the classifieds and I don't even know which ads are real or not anymore.

Ah, the good old days....

From 2012

PMC .223 FMJ 55grn

Precision Made Cartridges PMC brand .223 Remington ammunition. Features a 55grn lead core full copper jacketed bullet, brass case, and non-corrosive boxer primer. Packaged 20rds to a box, and 1,000rds (50 boxes) to a case.
Back in Stock, While Supplies Last!
20rds: $6.39ea 1,000rds: $309.50

From 2011

New Precision Made Cartridges PMC brand .223 Remington ammunition. Features a 55grn lead core full copper jacketed bullet, brass case, and non-corrosive boxer primer. Packaged 20rds to a box, and 1,000rds (50 boxes) to a case. While supplies last.
Pre-Order Now! To begin shipping April 4-5th.
1,000rds (50 boxes): $289.50ea ($5.79/box)
5,000rds+ (250 boxes+): $279.50 per thousand ($5.59/box)

Last edited:
Ah, the good old days....

Hell, I bought 1000 rounds of PMC .223 from a local shop for $360 last year and thought I paid a lot. The other 3K rounds I have on hand I paid less. Even the Federal 550 round .22LR bulk packs I paid $14 for seemed a bit high at the time. In hindsight, I'm glad I stocked up on those things plus WWB 9mm and .38.

This is me in my ammo closet now:

tumblr_m118otijL81qapzvgo1_500_zps448c8a4d.gif

Hell, I bought 1000 rounds of PMC .223 from a local shop for $360 last year and thought I paid a lot. The other 3K rounds I have on hand I paid less. Even the Federal 550 round .22LR bulk packs I paid $14 for seemed a bit high at the time. In hindsight, I'm glad I stocked up on those things plus WWB 9mm and .38.

This is me in my ammo closet now:

tumblr_m118otijL81qapzvgo1_500_zps448c8a4d.gif

Haha, that's pretty good! I mean how your ammo closet looks.

If you think non-store prices are high now, see what happens when they eventually pass background checks to buy ammo.

Personal FTF sales of ammo will be higher than retail for the next 3 months or so, even if nothing passes based solely on demand still outstripping supply. There's a lot of people who don't want to waste $40-80 of gas driving around to multiple stores to get the ammo they want. They'd rather just pay a higher price and get the bulk at once from a FTF deal.

Here is what happened to me today. Went to a shop to purchase my first firearm. When the guy rang me up it was a hundred dollars less than what the price tag said in the case. Was this a mistake on them?

Well, if it was a mistake, that's kind of a moral decision on your part. $100 is a lot, and who knows if that employee had to pay it, got fired, etc. Especially in a local shop.

If the firearm was marked down and they never updated the price tag (some stores do this, Like MicroCenter in Cambridge), you got a better deal than you were thinking. so rock on.

Everyone is saying "it costs us more."

Give me a break. They are marking it up, just because they know they can. I will not pay $8.50 for 20 rounds of steel cased shit.

Be careful with placing blame though. Most of the smaller gun shops in MA and NH get ****ing RAPED by the mid level distributors- they **** up the price of ammo more than anything else. If you're a gun shop you're often between a rock and a hard place- either pay the stupid a**h*** distributor price, or don't have ammo for your customers. Either sucks but the latter is worse, because it makes your shop look bad. Having cheap prices does nothing if the shelves are bare.

-Mike

The free market and common decency are not mutually-exclusive concepts. They can exist at the same time. Perhaps only a died-in-the-wool Randian objectivist might disagree.

Why is that inconsistent with the stupid "commie" references? Because a commie would try to legislate that common decency into law or another form of formal control. I don't see anyone here advocating for that. I won't advocate for laizze-faire price gouging, nor would I advocate for people not to be able to do so as rule.

My conscience would allow neither.

The free market and common decency are not mutually-exclusive concepts. They can exist at the same time. Perhaps only a died-in-the-wool Randian objectivist might disagree.

Why is that inconsistent with the stupid "commie" references? Because a commie would try to legislate that common decency into law or another form of formal control. I don't see anyone here advocating for that. I won't advocate for laizze-faire price gouging, nor would I advocate for people not to be able to do so as rule.

Common decency and free markets work together quite well in efficiency. A trusted relationship requires less due diligence and lowers the occurance and corresponding cost of fraud.

One time sales are an issue here as there is no need for repeat business but the entire conduit for sales can become less "trustworthy" over time and alternate avenues of commerce can replace it as a result of gouging or perception of same.

Doesn't change the rule though, don't like the price, don't buy it.

Last edited:

I agree... this is why we see gun shops with rationing or low inventory that have ammo at OK prices and gun show vendors with LOTS of inventory at rape prices... its all just variations of the things you've just mentioned- and of course, anyone with a brain that knowing trying to legislate "kindness" or "morality" is usually something that ends in failure and ends up producing neither.

-Mike

We need wage and price controls! Where's the government in all this price gouging??? Where's Richard Nixon when you need him?????

:)

I know I am not talking about making any new laws or anything like that, like some people like to twist.

They can charge what they want, of course. IMHO at some point you lose business for stuff like that. That's just me. I don't care if shit hit the fan tomorrow, and my freedom relied on that $9 box of WOLF ammo. I still wouldn't buy it. They lost my business as far as ammo is concerned. They have a right to over charge for ammo, and I have a right not to shop there. It all works out.

Pullman has a LOT of WPA Polyformance .223 55gr for $8.51/20 and also AK ammo and maybe some other as well. They said it won't last long.

Tell them you saw it on Northeast Shooters!

I went there last week and they were barren. At $8.50 for wolf, I guess I didn't miss out.

I went there last week and they were barren. At $8.50 for wolf, I guess I didn't miss out.

I am sure the 2 pallets of ammo they just got will sell out.

If it was Federal brass or something, I'd buy some. Although those would be $19.50 for twenty rounds. [rolleyes]

We need wage and price controls! Where's the government in all this price gouging??? Where's Richard Nixon when you need him?????

:)
Dead.

Woodward and Bernstein though are not, yet they or anyone else like them are conspicuously absent despite coverups of things far worse than vandalism and B&E to commit same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom