• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Freedom Munitions just posted this to FB

This is a society preparing for war.
Doug Ross has several important info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an inventory update. We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.
Remington-Maxed out!
Armalite: Maxed out.
DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.
COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.
LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.
AMMO: Every caliber is now allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible with 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by law enforcement, and civilians are third in line.
MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.
RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted.

It wasn’t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants -- of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20 -- were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone.
This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned.

--
Money in an electronic account can disappear in a millisecond "If you can't touch it, then you don't really own it".

Freedom Munitions just posted this to FB

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone.
This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned.

I'm well stocked on hardware, what I need is some fire & maneuvering practice. NES wood stick party anyone?

Second time this has happened now.

"The product you want is in stock at BravoCompa
nyUSA.com"

34577485.jpg

Last edited:
I've got so many orders on backorder with so many different companies I can't even keep track, if they all come through at once, my UPS guy is going to have a hernia.

Beretta px4 compact mags are virtually impossible to find. Beretta USA told me they wont be back in stock until April. This past wednesday I just happened to be driving by Rileys and decided to pick up more 9mm, though you can only buy 4 boxes. I dont know why I walked over to the wall where the mags are hanging but Im glad I did. I found 2 PX4 compact 15 rnd mags for my 9mm. I waited 20 minutes to be waited on, but I wasnt leaving without them. I dont know how or where they got them but Im thrilled I decided to stop by that particular day.

By chance a few weeks ago I was in a shop in Agawam Ma. and was balking to myself about purchasing a Mosen Nagaunt and the fellow behind the counter talked me into it @ $125.00 in super condition...Kind of glad I did buy it, and managed to get 500 rds of non corrisive ammo.
Also got a 1975 Yugo SKS on Xmass eve day off the shelf in a Westfield store fresh out of the cosmoline. The ammo for the SKS is at a minimum but snaged 12 boxes on Thurs.
I just thought with all thats going on you have to grab it when you see it.
"He who hesitates is lost" nowadays

I have seen the shortage and the crazy prices but since late december I like many bought quite a number of firearms and continuing to do so. I bought so far about 12 and sold about three. I havent over paid for anything yet in fact I got a couple of great deals, for instance I got great sig 226 for about 200 dollars less than I have ever seen. At the marlboro gun show of all places which I never thought I would get a deal there. On the guns I have sold off, a mossberg 500 and walther p22 to name a couple, I sold for less than a new one because they were used. I didn't squabble over extra mag this, or carrying case that. I feel like what goes around comes around, I have chose to do buisness with those who know how, taken care of those who bought from me, and looked with a keen and patient eye. I saw someone scoff at a benelli m3 super 90 for lets just say a fraction of the prices on gunbroker because he thought it was an over priced remington. I bought that bad boy right after he walked out the door!

I say don't get discouraged, there are some nice things out there for sale right now. Sure accessories and ammo are a bitch right now but that will all catch up in time.

By chance a few weeks ago I was in a shop in Agawam Ma. and was balking to myself about purchasing a Mosen Nagaunt and the fellow behind the counter talked me into it @ $125.00 in super condition...Kind of glad I did buy it, and managed to get 500 rds of non corrisive ammo.
Also got a 1975 Yugo SKS on Xmass eve day off the shelf in a Westfield store fresh out of the cosmoline. The ammo for the SKS is at a minimum but snaged 12 boxes on Thurs.
I just thought with all thats going on you have to grab it when you see it.
"He who hesitates is lost" nowadays

Guns and Gear? How's the inventory look, thinking of going down there once my license comes in (which should be any day now)

Guns and Gear? How's the inventory look, thinking of going down there once my license comes in (which should be any day now)

Inventory compared to what?....it's all relative....to me it's a small shop that I never frequent because there is not much to browse....but that's coming from someone that has bought most of my stuff at Riverview in Windsor (which is down for the count right now, but soon to rise again)....what will you be looking for?

Ha hard to say, so many things I want to buy. A decent selection of handguns to look at would be nice. I've never been there but I've heard it's one of the better shops in the western mass area.

Ha hard to say, so many things I want to buy. A decent selection of handguns to look at would be nice. I've never been there but I've heard it's one of the better shops in the western mass area.

Unfortunately shops in Western Mass are small...it's pretty much Guns Inc, G&G, and Guns and Gun parts....all (In my opinion) very small shops....if you want a larger selection I would take a trip down to Hoffmans, pick something out....and find it online and have it transferred to an FFL.....If you need a contact I will ask my guy if he will do it....tranfers are $30 and he has a "storefront" to accept packages from out of state....I live in Mass but have never bought a gun in one of the local shoips because IMO the selection is poor....not the shops fault at all just the way it is.....Once Riverview gets their act together you will be quite happy with the selection there and transfers to the guy I use are easy....

Last edited:
Just went shopping last night. $50/box for American Eagle .223?! $30 for a box of Federal bulk .22LR?! Still, it didn't stop me from picking up a bunch.

I got am email from Brownell's telling me they were sending me a... cam pin... for $9.99. Oh I'm pretty sure I ordered one, many times... but thought I had selected to cancel items not in stock, but hey, I'll wait and see what this magical cam pin for $10 is when it arrives. Turns out, it was a WMD NiB cam pin. Maybe explains the price? Haha, I dunno... I'm not sure what I have ordered, or not at this point.... [smile]

Ok, I won't say where, but I just got an order confirmation for Bushmaster 30Rd mags for 26.99, anyone in any free states need some?

I got am email from Brownell's telling me they were sending me a... cam pin... for $9.99. Oh I'm pretty sure I ordered one, many times... but thought I had selected to cancel items not in stock, but hey, I'll wait and see what this magical cam pin for $10 is when it arrives. Turns out, it was a WMD NiB cam pin. Maybe explains the price? Haha, I dunno... I'm not sure what I have ordered, or not at this point.... [smile]

BCM and Windham have them for 4.99 I believe. I think there is a minimum order with BCM for 25 bucks from what I remember though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom