• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

I agree.

Is it just me, or is it now HARDER to simply view the list of threads overall?

Like I come in.. hit NEW POSTS, and then scoll down the line, but with the new look and text it is just much more difficult to read and it is not pleasant as before.

Before sections, lines, text were clear, good sized and SIMPLE.

Trying to read a ton of small text when you're looking at the list of threads stinks [sad2]

Only thing I don't know why is when I click on reply to thread, nothing happens so I'm using the quick reply feature.
Hitting reply directly under a post gives you the "quick reply" box. From there you click "Go advanced" to get the full entry box.

WOW, what a mess!

I couldn't log in for hours, and can only now by answering a private message email.

You think the search engine was bad before....it's non existent in some instances now!

And the classified ad (handguns) I bumped last night has DISAPPEARED today!

You might get banned. :)

Big thread below you about the changes.

Change is hard. Be the water in the glass. The unbending tree breaks in wind. Etc.

thread.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure derek is working harder then most think, there will always be little things needing "tweeking" just give him time.
I couldn't log in for hours, and can only now by answering a private message email.

You think the search engine was bad before....it's non existent in some instances now!

And the classified ad (handguns) I bumped last night has DISAPPEARED today!

Go ahead and merge this thread....I didn't see the other one. I can hardly get anything to work, right....troughs you off!

But just think of all the people that can't even log on....to tell there problem?

If you are having problems logging in to the forum since the upgrade please clear the cookies in your browser and try logging in again.

is at the top of the website if someone is having trouble logging on, i did at first, and followed instruction, and all is well.

Getting better (i.e. closer to the old one [laugh])

Still can't find a link to usercp anywhere... I really wore that button out on the old forum (as with most others)...

Everytime I close the internet browser and reopen it I am signed out. Before it always kept me logged in. How can I make it so I am always logged in? Both layouts are alright, but right now I perfer the old one, probaby just because this one has to grow on me.

is at the top of the website if someone is having trouble logging on, i did at first, and followed instruction, and all is well.

That did NOT work for me, after about 8-9 attempts using 3 different browsers (Opera, Firefox, Explorer)....and emailing Derek a few times.
Maybe you could tell us how you did it? I couldn't even find cookies in Explorer 8....I rarely use it.

But what happened to my classified ad....I bumped that well before the 'upgrade' last night?

Everytime I close the internet browser and reopen it I am signed out. Before it always kept me logged in. How can I make it so I am always logged in? Both layouts are alright, but right now I perfer the old one, probaby just because this one has to grow on me.
Mine was doing similar shenanigans until I blew away cookies/cache as instructed and now seems to be ok...

well your hear now so something worked, along with your classified add, just wait, a missing bump wont delete your post for being inactive for a week. bump again if you really desire to.

Logged in at DSG earlier and all was not well...Logged in at home several hours later and man, what a difference! Nice job! Still getting used to it, but it works perfectly on Safari so far...[cheers]

PS: The avatars look awesome - they really stand out...

Last edited:
reading 27 pages of chaos, confusion, and panic has been thoroughly amusing [laugh]

i definitely dont look forward to using IE6 at work tonight though...

I really like the sub forum links under the main links. [thumbsup]

i think that was always an option, just never enabled by default.

well your hear now so something worked, along with your classified add, just wait, a missing bump wont delete your post for being inactive for a week. bump again if you really desire to.

I don't think you understand, my classified ad is completely missing now, vanished?

I have been afraid to end my browser tab here, fearing I will not be able to log on again....but here goes!
(was going to wave. but 'more' smilies doesn't work for me either)

Theme looks like D's still working on it. Definitely noticed an improvement in the contrast since this afternoon.

I don't think you understand, my classified ad is completely missing now, vanished?

I have been afraid to end my browser tab here, fearing I will not be able to log on again....but here goes!
(was going to wave. but 'more' smilies doesn't work for me either)

Can you give us info on browsers/OS/etc? I've tried it under several browsers under Fedora Linux 12 (Firefox 3.5.6, elinks, Chrome 4.0.249.43) and it works peachy keen a-ok. I had to dump my cookies (well, selectively hacked out the NES ones) to be able to login, but I'm back up and running.
Is it possible you did something to get your classified deleted? It is odd that a single thread would vanish...

I'm liking it now with the red, the default theme was gawdawful. Keep up the tweaking Derek, you'll win the naysayers over eventually. The bar at the top with the title, ads, home/forum/blog etc is a bit weird looking, still.

Back
Top Bottom