THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

Nice work, Derek!

I'd like to add to the mini-chorus asking for a little larger font for the text and for the user names, or for the user to be able to set their own text size...

Also, when you are reading the lists of new posts, the box in the upper- or lower-right that lists your (current page) of (total pages) isn't wide enough to get the total pages number into it... I see "Page 5 of"

I know how much work this must be for you, and I admire your bravery to keep the forum open while you are updating it! Good job!

what is your computer screen resolution set to? Set it to a higher res and I bet your IE viewing problems are resolved.

I'm currently set at 1280 X 800. That's about the highest res my eyes can take on my notebook.

BTW...The text in the reply box is incredibly small...it looks to be about 6 or 8pt.

What does PROMOTE TO ARTICLE do if I click on it?

Derek, God Bless you guys for taking this on. Like Dench, I'm another one who doesn't handle change well, but I'm hanging in there Buddy, past experience has shown me that you will take care of everything.

Thanks

Bill

... I like the View Site Leaders list on the Quick Links tab... we can check on which Mods are on line at a glance!

It seems that if I close my browser (newest firefox) I get logged out of the forum, even if I click "remember me". With the old forum I could click my bookmark and enter the site and be logged in already. Am I missing something? I searched the the User Settings and found nothing. Just puttin' it out there....

I always leave my browser open so its not an issue. When I do close my browser, I save the tabs. So no issue there either. Did you set firefox to clear cache, site history, active logins, etc ever time you close FF?

BTW...The text in the reply box is incredibly small...it looks to be about 6 or 8pt..

I noticed this as well. I didn't notice a setting in the user CP so it must be a setting on Derek's end. And yes even with my young eyes (1280x1024 resolution), I find it hard to read.

Last edited:
Did you set firefox to clear cache, site history, active logins, etc ever time you close FF?

The only change has been the forum. My facebook account and others still "remember me" without firefox doing it for me. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this? It's not the end of the world, just annoying. I'll try some more once the dust settles.

Derek, would you be able to add different forum skins that we could choose from?
A couple other sites I go to have different skins (forum color schemes) you can choose from.

... I like the View Site Leaders list on the Quick Links tab... we can check on which Mods are on line at a glance!

You always could. We were listed in blue in the current users at the bottom of the old first page, as we are here. Of course we can be in 'invisible' mode if we want.[smile]

Last edited:
Feature Request!

Feature request!
Could you make the site have a logo like what foxnews has or what the previous site had in the red circles?
That would be awesome. Though it is obviously not a crucial feature nor does it need to happen immediately.
Just something to keep in mind when you have some time available.

request.jpg

I'm a creature of habit and normally hate change. For so long I've been used to clicking on User CP and seeing all the threads I subscribe to and rep info all in one tidy place. When I saw the forum upgrade with no such link, I panicked but found if I click on Settings it brings up the same menu so I'm ok now.

Only thing I don't know why is when I click on reply to thread, nothing happens so I'm using the quick reply feature.

Not concerned with it and don't wanna read the previous 235 posts. I had a shitty day at work, took a pay cut, came home installed a new over the range microwave and finished off my back injury, cooked dinner and am settling down with a Perc and my 2nd bloody mary. Wake me when everything is good to go.

Looks great so far.

I hope to find some new features in the coming days.

Just in time, too...

I was just notified that my membership was about to expire.

I re-upped on the same day as the new upgrade![grin]

p.s.- I just found out how to attach photos inline!!! [smile]

I don't use IE6 except when there's something FF won't do which is hardly ever. I just checked with it to see how it handled things.

And I agree about upgrading: to the posters who use IE6, get Firefox.

Not to mention IE7 or IE8, though Firefox with extensions is way better, and faster too. Turn on pipelining, and get 3.6, and it REALLY flies!

I'm a creature of habit and normally hate change. For so long I've been used to clicking on User CP and seeing all the threads I subscribe to and rep info all in one tidy place. When I saw the forum upgrade with no such link, I panicked but found if I click on Settings it brings up the same menu so I'm ok now.

Only thing I don't know why is when I click on reply to thread, nothing happens so I'm using the quick reply feature.

Not concerned with it and don't wanna read the previous 235 posts. I had a shitty day at work, took a pay cut, came home installed a new over the range microwave and finished off my back injury, cooked dinner and am settling down with a Perc and my 2nd bloody mary. Wake me when everything is good to go.

Thanks for the "Settings" tip. Been looking EVERYWHERE for that!

Sorry about the rest of your day ... [sad2]

I am on many forums so I was quite used to the previous format as it is pretty universal. This is a little difficult to get used to and I don't like it at this point. I wonder if other forums will be doing the same?

Back
Top Bottom