THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

I found your problem.

A friend of mine works on a major website. Her team has a swear jar that you have to put a buck in every time you mention IE6.

Seriously though, it's your browser that is doing it Scott.

Please be patient with the requests for changes.

I just got a glimpse of the section in the manual where it explains how to change various parts of what you see.[shocked][shocked]

I think the software was written by NASA techs and that it's a requirement that you be a NASA tech to use it.

Derek and friends will not be getting much sleep tonight and not much time off for a few days.

Thanks fr all the hard work, Boss.

Ok, so when I mentioned the icon colors, I wasn't 100% truthful [wink] There is an icon legend at the bottom of the forum page... It just so happens to look like....

forumkey.jpg

Took me a minute to find it as well!

Seriously though, it's your browser that is doing it Scott.
I think you're probably right, which means I can't be The Lone Ranger. There must be more people using IE6. I'll see how it works at home (IE7), or on my Blackberry.

FWIW, I think the browser is "building" the frames wrong, and putting the "poster" frame on top of the "thread" frame, instead of vice versa. Fix that and get back to me, OK? [grin]

What ? Who did... Why is... Hey ! Where ? I can't... How ? Its' its' ...different !

I swear every time the lights go out I think its a UN invasion.
thtinfoilhat.gif

I think you're probably right, which means I can't be The Lone Ranger. There must be more people using IE6. I'll see how it works at home (IE7), or on my Blackberry.

FWIW, I think the browser is "building" the frames wrong, and putting the "poster" frame on top of the "thread" frame, instead of vice versa. Fix that and get back to me, OK? [grin]

Yeah I'll get right on that. [wink]

Yes, I will be making tweaks until everything is back to normal. I apologize for the trouble.

I assume you mean the website. I haven't been normal for years. It looks pretty good - haven't had any problems. Change makes us more mature members exercise our brains (what's left). Godspeed.

I really like the "Go to first new post" button that is next to thread titles, including those for updated subscribed threads in the user CP. Maybe there was something similar before and I missed it, but I have been clicking on it to read threads since I noticed it today.

One more thing that may not be new, but I am noticing now that I am looking at things is that you can set preferences to hide signatures. It's a great way to cut out a lot of thread clutter.

not a fan. at all. color, layout, all of it. RSS feeds are a plus if you use em (i dont), but i much prefer the old version.

any chance of having the new layout be an option vs. requirement?

I'm finding the new layout painful to read. Icons are too big, far too much white space. I can only fit two-three posts at a time on my screen at once, tops.

I realize this is new and things take time to get right and tweak, just trying to put some feedback in. My eyes hurt already just from trying to log in and read this thread.

Back
Top Bottom