• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

Couple of observations, not sure if they were at all mentioned or covered at this point. But...

1) It seems backwards that the new thread icon for when you haven't viewed anything yet is an open envelope, and once you've viewed the icon is a closed envelope. Just seems counter intuitive.

2) If the page layout seems off to anyone, try running an update to your current browser. Older versions of IE won't display the forum properly, ie- you'll have some windows that overlap each other and formatting issues trying to view everything. The admins have really done a nice job rolling out the new page!

Wow, I just noticed an embedded youtube video in another thread. Very cool! The readability has greatly improved since the first day. Great work, Derek. I'm liking it a lot.

I was logged in and I just had finished typing a reply and I got an error message saying I needed to refresh and log back in.

I have cleaned my cookies and I'm still having problems staying logged in.

My BB is experiencing error messages when trying to connect to NES that the file is too big for the device. This has happened everytime I try to connect with my BB.

I was kind of hoping improved searching would be the ultimate intent of the upgrade. I am still trying to learn the ropes of the new search, but I'm not quite up to speed yet. Does it do 3 letter searches? 2 letter (like for NH, for example)?

iTrader is back!!!!! Woohoo [smile]

Whoops... I didn't see Chris' post about iTrader returning. Sorry [grin]

Sooooo....

I was gone for a week and now that I'm back things are looking better.

I still dont have the date/time for postings... I know i read derek telling everyone to update their browser but most of my time spent on here is "down-time" at work and the IT guys (when asked about updating IE) basicly told me that they will update the company's browser when they're damned well pleased... not wanting to know what it would take to "please" them I seceded...

So is there another way? or am I pretty much screw-ed?

The number in the feedback score is a link, and the "rate seller" buttons are only in the op in each thread.

I think the look is really good now. The only problem I have is if I click on the button to quote a comment to use in a reply, that quote stays in all subsequent replies unless I delete it of go back and unclick it. That can't be right, but I don't know if it's a software bug or a setting I haven't found yet.

Back
Top Bottom