• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

Anyone else get a kick out of the deputy sheriff badge that is the icon for Rep Points? (^_^)

Seriously, the upgrade is getting better. But I reserve the right to bitch and complain because... well... I like to bitch and complain.

(gotta keep up practice somehow)

Is that a deputy sheriff badge. I thought it was the Jewish symbol the Nazi's used on Krystalnacht. REAL glad I was wrong.[wink]

Like the changes to the skin! Much easier on the eyes! Sorry this has turned into such a PI your A D! We do appreciate everything you're doing.

Derek, the changes look great, I know how hard these things can be.

I've done it with a few Oracle Apex sites I've built, it can take days...

None the less, love the new look, especially glad you got rid of the yellow notification boxes at the top of the page yesterday.

I've read a lot of this thread but not all 43 pages, so it's possible this has been discussed already.

When I typically log in, I go first to my recent previous posts to check on posts needing replies etc.

In the new setup, I find that virtually impossible to do.

Even when I go to my 'previous posts' and click on each thread, all it does is take me to the first post of the thread I posted in regardless of how many pages, or the location of my post.
The old forum would take me right to my own last post in that thread and I could pick things up from there.

Maybe it's me and I'm missing a feature that's already there.

I give Derek all the credit in the world for all of the work, and personal time that goes into this board. As far as the upgrade, I am not a fan, I don't like it at all. Whenever I try to come back, and give it a second chance, I inevitably end up logging off..

Goodness me, but I had a hard time getting logged in. Derek gave me a couple of hints that I didn't see in text on the forum (but I might have missed it). First, you want a up-to-date browser. Internet explorer 7 or higher or you can use firefox version 3.5 or higher.

More of a problem for me, if you have screen set to high number of pixels, you may not see the password box. Derek says he needs to tweak the banner. I found I was able to make the PW box appear if I entered the login name, then tabbed, clicked on other places, tabbed again, etc. Eventually, it appeared, and I could log in.

I give Derek all the credit in the world for all of the work, and personal time that goes into this board. As far as the upgrade, I am not a fan, I don't like it at all. Whenever I try to come back, and give it a second chance, I inevitably end up logging off..

+1. Appreciate the work put into this place, for sure. Not a fan of the new "feel".

It does seem easier on the eyes today. I have no trouble with screen size, logging in, or anything else that some have mentioned. Either way, before you know it we'll all forget what the old board looked like.

The only thing I'm wondering is will i-trader show up again?

I like that avatars seem bigger.

I'm liking the new forum much better today. I am wondering why when I reply to a thread I can only use the "quick reply" box. Anyone know? Thanks

It does seem easier on the eyes today. I have no trouble with screen size, logging in, or anything else that some have mentioned. Either way, before you know it we'll all forget what the old board looked like.

The only thing I'm wondering is will i-trader show up again?

I like that avatars seem bigger.

I think that Derek mentioned early on that iTrader will be back when everything is done. Definitely easier on my old eyes today than it was yesterday. I'd still like the new message box to be a bit whiter, but that's just personal preference. Other than some of the colors it's looking more and more like the old forum.

here
time.jpg

I have a deep red bar with no visible date at the top of each post, only the post number shows in white at the right margin. Same result on two computers running IE 6 (compatibility issues with legacy programs). I'm not seeing any color settings, am I missing something?

One thing that I've noticed is that when you quote another post, the quote stays until you manually clear it. I'm getting multiple quotes, some from different threads, which I have to clear manually. Is this just my settings or has anyone else noticed it?

I have a deep red bar with no visible date at the top of each post, only the post number shows in white at the right margin. Same result on two computers running IE 6 (compatibility issues with legacy programs). I'm not seeing any color settings, am I missing something?

I think someone mentioned that IE6 doesn't display everything correctly and a newer version is needed.

When Derek posted that answer, the bar was blue, now it's red.

IE6 will not show it for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom