• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

Any chance of setting up a mobile version of the site? If m.northeastshooters.com served up a stripped down version like on some other vbulletin forums I use, that would be awesome. The full site works ok on my phone, but a layout optimized for it would load much faster and be easier to use. Obviously priority for this is way below getting the regular forum squared away, but I'd love it eventually.

I second this. If it is not too much trouble though. Crackberry.com successfully did it. Then again, they are the premier site for blackberry users...

I will be adding different "user selectable" color schemes in the near future so you can choose how you want NES to look. It just takes a little time, I apologize to everyone for the delay.

No apologies needed. It's going to take a little time to get everything tweaked. One additional point/question: I have my preferences for posting set to use the advanced reply. Everytime I go to reply or add to a thread, it keeps coming up with the simple interface. If I click on "Advanced" it will immediately go to the advanced features, but I just can't get that setting to stick by default. Is it something I'm missing or is it a glitch?

Also, where's the setting so that it makes my coffee in the morning? [wink]

Is this a glitch? In Internet Explorer, normally when you go to a forum and mouse over a thread title, a little box pops up containing the first couple of lines from the first post in that thread.

I've gone through each forum, and here is what I've noticed:

In the "Off Topic" forum, this only works on the first 7 threads.
In the "Hunting and Fishing" forum, it doesn't work on any of the threads.
In the "Handguns" sub-forum of the "Classifieds" forum, it only works on the first 13 threads.
All the other forums seem to be working perfectly, popping up on every thread.

If it is a glitch, it's just a small one, but I felt that I'd make it known. I tend to use this feature a lot, reading the first few lines of the first post in order to decide whether I've already read that thread, or if that thread may pique my interest enough to read the posts.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to increase the difference between the icons for "yes new posts" and "no new posts" The gray and blue seem too close for me to tell the difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 12
Black Berry Navigation

Is anyone else having difficulty navigating around the new site with their BB? I seem to be having a hard time getting use to it, before was much easier.

1) I didn't think the forum search could suck worse. Turns out I was wrong.
2) Still not getting used the layout...

hope there was some good stuff in this upgrade to help the mods, cause.... damn...

I have a BB Curve 8830 and I was having a very difficult time navigating the site this morning. I made a posting about it in this thread. I got an out of memory message, and a java error message. I know Derek is still tweaking the new software. I'm hoping the tweaks will resolve our BB problems.

I have a BB Curve 8830 and I was having a very difficult time navigating the site this morning. I made a posting about it in this thread. I got an out of memory message, and a java error message. I know Derek is still tweaking the new software. I'm hoping the tweaks will resolve our BB problems.
Must be your weak BB fu... [laugh] Works fine on my droid... [rofl2]

374 posts and I have no idea if this was asked or not because I'm not about to read every post... but does anyone know why the old format was changed to this?

I saw the change at Gunboards a while back and wasn't really into researching everything there, then saw the exact format here.

My guess is this is the new default format for the updated version of vbulletin

As long as we don't go the same route as Parallax Bill's forums did with Yuku! That software sucks bad and did away with the header pics of the monthly surplus pic contest winners.

Yeah the new format is odd, it'll take some getting used to and it doesn't look as warm and friendly as the old style did, but eh... what can ya do?

One thing I noticed that doesn't work the same is when you point your cursor at a thread title, you don't get small pop up window with the first few lines of the thread post. I avoided a ton of garbage with that feature.

Nice changes so far Mods, thanks.

Is there a way to make the overall font smaller at the main forum level?

And to get the "advanced" replies a standard item instead of clicking reply and getting the "quick reply"

feel free to point out the fixes if I've missed them already.

What happened to the thread pages. It like someone just handed me the, "your getting old remote".

mega-remote.jpg

Font is too large.

One thing I noticed that doesn't work the same is when you point your cursor at a thread title, you don't get small pop up window with the first few lines of the thread post. I avoided a ton of garbage with that feature.

It works for me (using the latest versions of Safari and Firefox).

I didn't read all 36 pages so if this is a dupe I apologize. If you go to northeastshooters.com then click "forums" you are taken to the "NORTHEASTSHOOTERS.COM NEWS" page then you have to click "forums" button again to be taken to the actual forum page. Just seems kinda repetitive.

I agree

I have an older BB that I use for work and it really kinda s%^ks trying to navigate through the site. I use it alot too, I hope some tweeking will help

I like the older version but Still like to learn new things. The problem with mine is i have to log in everytime i get on here even i clicked on remember me . other than that everything looks ok so far. but the itrading feedback needs to reactive. :)

Just you wait till you get to my age young wippersnapper, then you wont mind the larger type size.

IE just FYI FONT = the type set , characters not the size.

In typography, a font (also fount) is traditionally defined as a complete character set of a single size and style of a particular typeface. For example, the set of all characters for 9-point Bulmer italic is a font, and the 10-point size would be a separate font, as would the 9 point upright.

After the introduction of computer fonts based on fully scalable outlines, a broader definition evolved. Font is no longer size-specific, but still refers to a single style. Bulmer regular, Bulmer italic, Bulmer bold and Bulmer bold italic are four fonts, but one typeface.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Font

OT to this reply.

But with reguard to this new software upgrade the information I have quoted below is missing in the "my profile" area.

Total Posts
Total Posts: 3,187
Posts Per Day: 2.88
Find all posts by SemiAutoSam
Find all threads started by SemiAutoSam

What happened to the thread pages. It like someone just handed me the, "your getting old remote".

mega-remote.jpg

Font is too large.

Yes there are some new items in that area purhaps but from a cursory look at it one cannot list posts that they created like my quote below shows how one could search in the past.

Total Posts
Total Posts: 3,187
Posts Per Day: 2.88
Find all posts by SemiAutoSam
Find all threads started by SemiAutoSam

go to my profile and click the about me tab, scroll down. There's even more info than you had before.

Yes there are some new items in that area purhaps but from a cursory look at it one cannot list posts that they created like my quote below shows how one could search in the past.

you're right but you can click on your name on any post you make and then click view forum posts. Or find all posts under your avatar in your profile. There isn't any find all threads started by link that I can find yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom