TAVOR

Some D-Bag will buy it. Not gonna lie, if I had one the powerball last week, I would be that D-Bag just because I could.

I put my SCAR 16 up on GB in January with a reserve of $2100. The crazies bid it up to $3900. Real world GB price on that gun pre-Newtown was $2300. (it was the less desirable black color)

A Tavor over a SCAR..on a cold day in hell.

The SCAR didn't thrill me. They run like a top, but I didn't shoot it as well as my AR. And with the chance of a national AWB fading, I'll buy another one for $2300 in 8 months.
The Tavor interests me because it is shorter than my 10" SBR with a 16" bbl and no folding stock.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. It will be interesting to see if these things shoot and if they last.

In the mean time, I just received a shipment (in CT, not MA) of 10 of perhaps the best/most versatile STANAG mags made. The enhanced Brownells USGI mag with Magpul followers and Ranger plates. Unlike most PMags, these will run in anything, like a SCAR or a Tavor.

Last edited:
You're right, fanboy garbage>pure awesomeness

Mike

350x700px-LL-82bfff63_not-sure-dog.jpeg

The SCAR didn't thrill me. They run like a top, but I didn't shoot it as well as my AR. And with the chance of a national AWB fading, I'll buy another one for $2300 in 8 months.
The Tavor interests me because it is shorter than my 10" SBR with a 16" bbl and no folding stock.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. It will be interesting to see if these things shoot and if they last.

A fair conversation to be had....however...there are a bunch of variables to consider..as i how is the AR configured...but ... "fanboy" is pure and unadulterated a comment from a mall ninja if they don't know who they are dealing with.

I never said fanboy. Someone else did. I have no opinion of the Tavor other than its interesting, until they are in the hands of a lot of people and we see their reliability in the real world, and I get to shoot one.

I never said fanboy. Someone else did. I have no opinion of the Tavor other than its interesting, until they are in the hands of a lot of people and we see their reliability in the real world, and I get to shoot one.

Agreed....and if I peek into my safe I see.....limited to 5.56x45

1. PSA M4 lower with Daniel Defense Upper
2. SCAR 16
3. POF lower with HK416 Upper
4. Larue Tactical OBR5.56
5. x number of my own builds in all kinds of combinations

dcmdon...agree with you the proof is in how it shoots...but...as a general comment..to assume that a bullpup will out shoot a proven FN carbine is a bit much....can say that a SCAR 16 vs. an FS 2000 isn't a contest

2. SCAR 16

dcmdon...agree with you the proof is in how it shoots...but...as a general comment..to assume that a bullpup will out shoot a proven FN carbine is a bit much....can say that a SCAR 16 vs. an FS 2000 isn't a contest

Why you gotta be like that? I'll stack my 2000 against a SCAR and see what happens.

The IDF has been using the TAVOR since 2001. It's probably the most used carbine, in war, in the last 10 years, short of the M4. I could be wrong but I believe it's seen more action than the SCAR.

It's also a long stroke piston and uses an AK style bolt.

There is a discussion to be had...but it doesn't start with fanboy....IDF also has a long history with Galil...and we can compare that to FN FAL...my personal experience with the SCAR...mostly the 17 has been exceptional...the civilian Tavor is new to this market for how long..notice SCAR 17s isn't a MK that the service has....let's wait and see how it performs....in the commercial configuration..experience is that bull pups have issues. Time will tell.

2. SCAR 16

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about what is a "better" rifle. the SCAR is a better rifle by almost all measures than any AR. But I didn't enjoy shooting it.

Its about enjoyment. I'm not talking about anything that really relates to a rifle as a tool. I'm looking at it purely as a toy.

I do agree with you that by all practical measures the Tavor probably will not measure up to the SCAR. The SCAR is an awesome tool.
But will the Tavor put a smile on my face? Thats the question.

I have 3 guns that consistently give me a 5hit eating grin every time I shoot them. My M11/9 Lage machine gun and 10.5" LMT SBR and my Les Baer 1911.
For most of my guns, its about the grin, not about steely cold efficiency.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

There is a discussion to be had...but it doesn't start with fanboy....IDF also has a long history with Galil...and we can compare that to FN FAL...my personal experience with the SCAR...mostly the 17 has been exceptional...the civilian Tavor is new to this market for how long..notice SCAR 17s isn't a MK that the service has....let's wait and see how it performs....in the commercial configuration..experience is that bull pups have issues.

A big part of the wait and see is how the American sourced parts hold up. When you change suppliers of critical parts, you introduce an unknown. I hav e no knowledge of what parts are Israeli and sourced from original military suppliers and what parts are American made so my concern may be unfounded. But its still an unknown.

I'm not in any way trying to say the American parts are inferior to the Israeli parts, only that they do not have a track record. They could prove to be superior to the Israeli parts. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Any luck getting a 2000 to rack a first round without doing an HK bump....and using non GI mags?

Negative. The dust seal and depth of the mag well means Pmags and the like wont even fit without modification. Aluminum GI mags work like a dream though.

eta:
I don't HK bump mine at all, I never really saw the point. No last round lock back, and mags don't drop free in the FS either. I've learned to adapt to this and use it effectively. However, the mag release, mags dropping free and last round hold back and location of the bolt release on the Tavor look awesome! The FS gets a lot right, but I have a feeling once I get my Tavor the FS will be neglected.

Last edited:
Looks like the first of them have come out as there's a few on gunbroker and one over in the forums at ar-15.com... Looks like 3k going rate or there abouts...

First of all it was a joke. Second, I didn't realize you guys were all using these in combat.

Either is a toy, Ill take the Tavor cause if I wanted to dump 2 grand on an AR, I wouldn't.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom