• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

questions about tavor ts12 shotgun

anyone own one, thinking about it since i love my tavor rifle: experinces? i like irons and what would you put on it.

I was looking at those during the riot season, prices were a lot higher then but also had found several threads/reviews on other sites complaining of poor accuracy in the early models that kept me from buying one. Don’t know if that’s been corrected but something to look around for.

I have one, it is an interesting firearm for sure. I'm a relatively small framed guy and bullpups fit me well. I have a number of them including an X95 and a keltech ksg. I love the x95 and I love the ksg so I figured I would love the TS12. I don't hate it, but I don't love it.
I got the gun used with a couple hundred rounds already through it so it was already broken in. I have not had any reliability or running issues with it, but have heard of plenty of people having issues before its broken in (~300 rds of heavy high brass loads).
It shoots nice, very smooth but not super easy to operate. The rotating tube mag is a bit fiddly and I found it somewhat easy to roll it right passed the next tube when operating quickly.
In my experience, it has not been super accurate. The top rail is mounted weird and seams to move around a bit. I wouldn't try to hunt with it, but good enough with buck shot.
It is fun, but would grab the ksg before the ts12 if I had to choose one.

I was looking at those during the riot season, prices were a lot higher then but also had found several threads/reviews on other sites complaining of poor accuracy in the early models that kept me from buying one. Don’t know if that’s been corrected but something to look around for.
Were those early accuracy complaints about the TS-12 shotgun? I know there were concerns about accuracy in early samples of the .308 TAVOR 7 bullpup, maybe it's just endemic to IWI bullpups?

I had a TS12 and loved it. Never had any problem operating the 3 rotating magazines. Blasted thru about 600 rounds of everything (lite & heavy birdshot; buckshot; slugs) and it ate them all w/o any malfunction. Sturdily built fun gun to shoot, simple takedown, moderate recoil, and it puts out ton of firepower with 16 rounds of 12 gauge!

Were those early accuracy complaints about the TS-12 shotgun? I know there were concerns about accuracy in early samples of the .308 TAVOR 7 bullpup, maybe it's just endemic to IWI bullpups?
Correct. It’s been a couple/few yrs but that was my recollection of it.

Back
Top Bottom