• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Talk me out of liking my tavor

4 MOA gun. On a good day.

I know you're busting balls, but when I get a chance, weather and schedule not withstanding, I'll take my Tavor to the range and re-zero at 50 and 100 using match and standard 5.56 ammo. It's not a 1MOA gun using M855 or M193, but I haven't shot match ammo with it. I usually save that for my G36... which is <1MOA (paging @frenchman ). I'm guessing 2-3 with M855 and 1.5-2 with match, but that's just a guess.

Ok. So what I’m hearing is that when i say my x95 would shoot a 1” group at 50 yds, or 2.0 MOA, and I never confirmed it at 100 yds, that’s an accurate statement and also ellipticals are gay.

Like someone else said, MOA is an measure of angle. 1" at 50 is 2" at 100 when measured by MOA. 2" at 100 is approximately 2MOA.

I know how angles work and I’m especially good at acronyms. I live by the DENNIS system FFS.

I just wanted to know if I’m using the measurement properly.

I know how angles work and I’m especially good at acronyms. I live by the DENNIS system FFS.

There are calculators you can use for MOA since not every calculation is quick and easy like 2 inches at 100 yards or whatever

Mils are better than MOA. Dont listen to the replies that say otherwise

Dude, you sold your Tavor, failed the CARDIO test and think Ellipticals are gay (not that there is anything wrong with that). I can't trust anything coming out of your mouth. [rofl]

Dude, you sold your Tavor, failed the CARDIO test and think Ellipticals are gay (not that there is anything wrong with that). I can't trust anything coming out of your mouth. [rofl]
I'm the one who knows ellipticals are gay.

Mils are better than MOA. Dont listen to the replies that say otherwise

I made the mistake of having scopes with both MOA and Milradian. Going back and forth sucks... I want to standardize on just one, but I'm not a fan of the metric system and 3" at 300 = x clicks is so easy even I can do it. [rofl]

I made the mistake of having scopes with both MOA and Milradian. Going back and forth sucks... I want to standardize on just one, but I'm not a fan of the metric system and 3" at 300 = x clicks is so easy even I can do it. [rofl]
I find the math simplier with mils, but thats what my first scope was too so I just stick to that. The real fun is the scopes that use both

Haven’t used my x95 in awhile so guess I found something to do this weekend. 6x scope good enough to shit on the gun if it doesn’t group well or should I go 18?

Ok. So what I’m hearing is that when i say my x95 would shoot a 1” group at 50 yds, or 2.0 MOA, and I never confirmed it at 100 yds, that’s an accurate statement and also ellipticals are gay.
Groups up close mask inconsistency of ammo of other issues. It is a good idea to confirm at 100/200/300/etc. I've seen bullets tumble and start to keyhole at 300yd that was not present at shorter distances. I've also seen ammo with inconsistent velocities out of the barrel, resulting in poor grouping from a precision AR build.
Match ammo and hand loads(to a degree) help remove these inconsistencies and come up with a proper MOA.

Haven’t used my x95 in awhile so guess I found something to do this weekend. 6x scope good enough to shit on the gun if it doesn’t group well or should I go 18?
Plenty for 100 yards. It might be hard to see the impacts, but otherwise, it's perfectly fine. I've never needed more than 8x for 100 yards.

Groups up close mask inconsistency of ammo of other issues. It is a good idea to confirm at 100/200/300/etc. I've seen bullets tumble and start to keyhole at 300yd that was not present at shorter distances. I've also seen ammo with inconsistent velocities out of the barrel, resulting in poor grouping from a precision AR build.
Match ammo and hand loads(to a degree) help remove these inconsistencies and come up with a proper MOA.
Someone posted a video last week of the new Chinese rifle that keyhole in like 15 feet [rofl]

Got a tavor sar on trade...figured id send it on for something else

But i kinda like it

Its a heavy pig

And i have 2 mk18s

But i do sorta like the tavor

Please talk me out of liking it nes
I have the fix. Trade it to me for cheap and you won't have it around to like anymore.

Back
Top Bottom