• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tavor x95 - removing muzzle device question

yogi

NES Member
I have a X95 with the OEM a2 device. As I am moving to NH, I want to put a suppressor on it. I’ve never removed one before. I’ve watched a few videos and it looks pretty straightforward…just use a wrench…but thought I’d check to make sure I am not over simplifying it. Is it that simple?
EA0EE5B7-1131-4C51-A2F1-1835AC09C85F.jpeg

I have a X95 with the OEM a2 device. As I am moving to NH, I want to put a suppressor on it. I’ve never removed one before. I’ve watched a few videos and it looks pretty straightforward…just use a wrench…but thought I’d check to make sure I am not over simplifying it. Is it that simple?
View attachment 727548
not sure if serious, but, yeah, 2 wrenches and pull them into opposite directions. counterclockwise for the brake.
my tavor does not have a welded brake on it and neither should be yours.
plus yours is a flash hider, not an MA approved brake, i think. :) but who cares.

If you use only one wrench on the flash hider it could also loosen or tighten the barrel.

That’s why you need to counter act that by holding the barrel steady with its own wrench.

I put a SilencerCo Omega on my X95 and the back pressure crapped up the gun, mags and my face within a few hundred rounds at a SIG course. I switched to OSS (now HUXWRX) and they work so very much better, with more crap ejected forward. Skip the quick release - just mount it on and leave it.

Yep, escape to NH and never look back. The Tavor I bought in MA had a weld that I had to cut with a dremmel and then came off like butter. Yours looks fine and no Buba welding job like mine. Put it between your legs and turn with a wrench....done.

Back
Top Bottom