• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TAVOR

Why not just buy in NH or VT, and bring it straight to a gunsmith or ship the barrel to adco for pinning?

Because in free America configuration it's not legal to transfer it to a MA or CT resident, even in NH or VT. It would need to be modified before you could take possession of it.

Been waiting for the Tavor. It should get along just fine with my MSAR and my Uzi.

It uses USGI mags and only needs a permanently attached muzzle brake for mASS compliance as far as I know. Bull pups are great guns for many reasons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Because in free America configuration it's not legal to transfer it to a MA or CT resident, even in NH or VT. It would need to be modified before you could take possession of it.

It's a rifle, it should be 100% legal to TRANSFER, but possession of "free America config" would be illegal inside of MA until you take care of the threaded barrel.

It's a rifle, it should be 100% legal to TRANSFER, but possession of "free America config" would be illegal inside of MA until you take care of the threaded barrel.

It should be, but it's not. You can only legally buy a long gun out of state if said long gun is legal for you to possess in your own state.

Yeah I still fail to see how any long gun is illegal in MA. There is no compliance long gun list. It just needs to be compliant with the AWB. Completely different.

Tavor will be 100% okay. Just like the KSG was, and the fs2000, so on and so forth.

Yeah I still fail to see how any long gun is illegal in MA. There is no compliance long gun list. It just needs to be compliant with the AWB. Completely different.

Umm, a long gun in violation of the MA AWB is illegal in MA (for us mere mundanes, anyway). What's hard to understand about that?

Tavor will be 100% okay. Just like the KSG was, and the fs2000, so on and so forth

Yes I'm sure, after modifications have been made for the f-tarded markets (MA, NY, CT, etc.)

i'd tear into one of these like a passionate passionate nightman.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm, a long gun in violation of the MA AWB is illegal in MA (for us mere mundanes, anyway). What's hard to understand about that?

Yes I'm sure, after modifications have been made for the f-tarded markets (MA, NY, CT, etc.)

Taking off the flash hider and putting on a comp. That's it. Now 100% legal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tavor will be 100% okay. Just like the KSG was, and the fs2000, so on and so forth.

Bingo. We will have a nice Tavor group shoot. Our DGW builds may even make it there too hahaha.

The gun itself violates our AWB only because of the A2 flash hider, but you can bet that IMI will modify their rifles to sell more to us crippled states. Plus you could go anywhere around MA and buy one and "transfer" it in. One and done.

Last edited:
Taking off the flash hider and putting on a comp. That's it. Now 100% legal.

The gun itself violates our AWB only because of the A2 flash hider, but you can bet that IMI will modify their rifles to sell more to us crippled states. Plus you could go anywhere around MA and buy one and "transfer" it in. One and done.

Yes, I know, that's not what I'm arguing about [wink]

To cite what I'm talking about to Steyr_AUG, USC Title 18 Part I Chapter 44 Section 922 (b) (3) (A) is the problem with what he's proposing (taking possession of it out of state in a form that doesn't comply with the MA AWB).

(b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver—

(3) any firearm to any person who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the licensee’s place of business is located, except that this paragraph (A) shall not apply to the sale or delivery of any rifle or shotgun to a resident of a State other than a State in which the licensee’s place of business is located if the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the transfer, and the sale, delivery, and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions of sale in both such States (and any licensed manufacturer, importer or dealer shall be presumed, for purposes of this subparagraph, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, to have had actual knowledge of the State laws and published ordinances of both States), and (B) shall not apply to the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

Last edited:
So what you're saying is don't buy the Tavor at Dick's or Kittery Trading Post. [rofl]

What I'm saying is, if the FFL knows the laws they won't sell it to you in free-America configuration, period. I'm sure there are plenty out there who either don't know or don't care, and fly under the radar for the most part. God bless those dealers too, because these laws are all effing ridiculous and insulting.

I must be one of the few who think this is an ugly firearm. :(

Some guns are ugly to some people, same with women/cars/houses etc. I can tell you that I'd buy this without even holding one because I can tell by the way it's designed how comfortable it is for the shooter and how easy it is to get used to. Everything about this turns me on, it's gonna be a long few months. [thinking]

If you want to see an ugly gun, look at the hi point carbines.

... I refer to mine as "ugly space guns". But they are cheap and handy! [grin]

I wouldn't [puke]on that stupid thing!!! Please.... Steyr Aug all the way, time tested and battle proven!!!

I wouldn't [puke]on that stupid thing!!! Please.... Steyr Aug all the way, time tested and battle proven!!!

IDF gets WAAAY more use out of their tavors than the irish or aussies with their Augs. Smoking durkas in Gaza since '01.

That being said, I wouldn't exactly turn my nose up at the AUG. I've always liked bullpups.

Last edited:
Technically, the gun shop in a free state shouldn't sell it to you. It needs to be legal in your home state. if I remember correctly.

Couldn't you do the following?

1) Pay for the gun, but don't do the transfer yet
2) Have the shop send it to a smith to neuter it
3) Do transfer, take gun home

Technically, the gun shop in a free state shouldn't sell it to you. It needs to be legal in your home state. if I remember correctly.

Then technically, I would recommend that you have a do not take possession or have it transferred until the muzzle device issue is fixed. Very easy to do. I can think of ten FFL's off the top of my head who would fix the muzzle device before transferring it to me.

It's a non-issue, and anyone using that as an excuse to not buy one (if they actually want one) would be wise to get to know some out of state dealers or nationally known FFL holders who will do this for you... [grin]

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't you do the following?

1) Pay for the gun, but don't do the transfer yet
2) Have the shop send it to a smith to neuter it
3) Do transfer, take gun home

Written much better than my response. Thanks[smile]

Steyr - I was not saying people shouldn't get one. Its on my short list. But I was just trying make sure that people didn't think they could just walk into a NH gun shop and expect to buy one and bring it home. They shouldn't.

I'm all for it. I just picked up a SCAR this weekend, which I'll be converting so its MA compliant, prior to bringing it into MA.
The SCAR, while not as easy as the Tavor to make compliant, is pretty inexpensive to do since it already comes with a $100 FNH marked Primary Weapons FCS 556 brake.
So all thats left to do is pin the stock and permanently affix the brake that comes with the rifle. No bayonet lug to deal with also.

Back
Top Bottom