• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger 1911

ya, odd they raised the price on a gun they apparently cannot get.

My naive understanding is that FD offered a discount for the First 50 Ruger 1911s ordered and since then, have raised their prices to $669. Having some experience with the shop, I would be highly suspect that the orders would be fulfilled out of turn. IMO.

Having said that, it is entirely possible that the in-feed into FS, FD and other shops in dictated by Ruger and not the dealer.

$0.02 before inflation.

Didn't really mean to stir it up that much, just frustrated. We should have some kind of idea about where in line we are, rather than just 'we have no idea when they are coming in'. She mentioned something about a 4R program from Ruger, the first round has been distributed, and the re-orders are being fulfilled. Not knowing what a 4R or R4 or any other gunsales program from a major manufacturer, I'm relying on my LGS to keep me in mind for when the next few trickle in.

I am dealing with a family medical issue at the present time, but I had a some time to respond to this thread.

Based on our communications with both Ruger and our distributors, we knew that we'd have a long wait. We expressed this to everyone who wanted to place a deposit. Even I didn't anticipate such a long wait, and I agree that it's taking a long time. There's nothing more that I'd like to do than to get these Rugers into my customers' hands. I wish that we had the numbers arriving that FS receives. Trust me, Shelly calls and hounds our distributors daily over their arrival. We want them to arrive quickly so that we can fulfill all orders. When we initially received our dealer cost, we were able to sell them at $599. This was not a discounted price just for the first shipment. I determined the price based solely on my standard mark up and was not to entice anyone to place deposits on non-existent pistols. We made it a strong point to convey that we had no estimated date of arrival. Recently, we were told about our increased dealer cost, so we were forced to raise our asking price accordingly. If there is anyone on our Ruger list who'd like their deposit back, we will refund your deposit in full. My hands are tied on their availability, so I'll honor any decision that you make. We've always accomodated our customers' wishes to the best of our ability.

There were a few earlier posts that disappointed me. Anyone who knows us, knows that we always try to do the right thing with our customers' interest in mind. In regards to our Ruger orders, they will be fulfilled in the order in which they came in. Nobody gets skipped, no matter what. That does not fly here. If you know me, you know that I'm an honest, stand up guy with integrity, who values respect and treating people right. I'm assuming that no one was trying to question my integrity, but I felt as though this needed to be addressed. My door is always open.

Waiting for the Rugers to arrive has been driving me crazy. I want my customers to get their hands on these asap. I am a man of action so this has been frustrating for me. If I could control this, I'd drive to Ruger, grab all the Ruger 1911's desired and bring them back for everyone to enjoy. This backorder situation is not fun for us at all, but it is out of my control. Although I'd like your business, I completely understand that the long wait on this 1911 is very trying. If you can get them on the spot at another shop, I'd rather that you have the pistol in hand. We want you to be happy. Any customer with a Ruger 1911 deposit can have a full refund if so desired. If there are any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact me personally via phone or e-mail. Please do not rely on hearsay or someone's interpretation. Contact me personally, and I'll give you the exact information that you are concerned about. I hope that this cleared up any doubts about what has been occuring on our end. We're working hard to get these in.

Due to a family medical issue, we are not open this evening (Thursday, Feb. 9), but I will check my e-mail via my cell phone when I can. Thank you for your continued support. Be safe.

I am dealing with a family medical issue at the present time, but I had a some time to respond to this thread.

Based on our communications with both Ruger and our distributors, we knew that we'd have a long wait. We expressed this to everyone who wanted to place a deposit. Even I didn't anticipate such a long wait, and I agree that it's taking a long time. There's nothing more that I'd like to do than to get these Rugers into my customers' hands. I wish that we had the numbers arriving that FS receives. Trust me, Shelly calls and hounds our distributors daily over their arrival. We want them to arrive quickly so that we can fulfill all orders. When we initially received our dealer cost, we were able to sell them at $599. This was not a discounted price just for the first shipment. I determined the price based solely on my standard mark up and was not to entice anyone to place deposits on non-existent pistols. We made it a strong point to convey that we had no estimated date of arrival. Recently, we were told about our increased dealer cost, so we were forced to raise our asking price accordingly. If there is anyone on our Ruger list who'd like their deposit back, we will refund your deposit in full. My hands are tied on their availability, so I'll honor any decision that you make. We've always accomodated our customers' wishes to the best of our ability.

There were a few earlier posts that disappointed me. Anyone who knows us, knows that we always try to do the right thing with our customers' interest in mind. In regards to our Ruger orders, they will be fulfilled in the order in which they came in. Nobody gets skipped, no matter what. That does not fly here. If you know me, you know that I'm an honest, stand up guy with integrity, who values respect and treating people right. I'm assuming that no one was trying to question my integrity, but I felt as though this needed to be addressed. My door is always open.

Waiting for the Rugers to arrive has been driving me crazy. I want my customers to get their hands on these asap. I am a man of action so this has been frustrating for me. If I could control this, I'd drive to Ruger, grab all the Ruger 1911's desired and bring them back for everyone to enjoy. This backorder situation is not fun for us at all, but it is out of my control. Although I'd like your business, I completely understand that the long wait on this 1911 is very trying. If you can get them on the spot at another shop, I'd rather that you have the pistol in hand. We want you to be happy. Any customer with a Ruger 1911 deposit can have a full refund if so desired. If there are any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact me personally via phone or e-mail. Please do not rely on hearsay or someone's interpretation. Contact me personally, and I'll give you the exact information that you are concerned about. I hope that this cleared up any doubts about what has been occuring on our end. We're working hard to get these in.

Due to a family medical issue, we are not open this evening (Thursday, Feb. 9), but I will check my e-mail via my cell phone when I can. Thank you for your continued support. Be safe.

You're good buisness man. I posted earlier that you guys should give the deposits back if customers wanted them. Knowing your shop I figured you would. Do I suspect you will have to? Nope, because your honest about the situation, and you offered a hell of a price.

Dennis,

Every business in the world has to deal with backorders and it sucks! Your message tells me you care and that you are a fair businessman. If alot of folks on your waiting list "jump ship" and you are stuck with guns you can't move then send me a PM and I will make a beeline from Raynham and take one off of your hands.

Pure class. I need to get to FD.

Can't ask for more than what was stated by FD. Stand up post you wrote sir!
You're good buisness man. I posted earlier that you guys should give the deposits back if customers wanted them. Knowing your shop I figured you would. Do I suspect you will have to? Nope, because your honest about the situation, and you offered a hell of a price.

Dennis, Shelly and the whole gang at FD are great to deal with. I'm in there almost once a week. I have never had anything but kind courteous service. Everyone there is very knowledgeable about the products they sell. They will spend the time with you to answer any questions you have and make you feel very welcome in their store. I've gone into other stores and gotten a very bad vibe when in there. I won't name any names but one of them is located in North Attleboro. I walked in checked the place out and talked with a couple of the employees. I did not buy anything and left. Lets just say I won't be going there again. I never get that feeling at FD. I've never seen a customer leave the store upset or aggravated. As a matter of fact I see a lot of the same customers in there when I go.

First Defense's prices are very fair and they have a ton of stuff packed into their shop. 90% of the time they have what I need when I go there. When I have to order something they always get if for me in a timely manner. I see no reason why they would be BS'n anyone about the SR1911's.

Dennis thank you for the update, I'm OK with waiting, I just am obviously anxious for that gun. I appreciate you taking the time to give us an update. Seeing that post and I know I bought at the right place.

I don't think anyone was saying bad things, if they we're that's on them. All I simply said was that at first I did not mind waiting for that price. But when other stores get them in left and right, why wait? [rolleyes]

Has nothing to do with good or bad shop IMHO. If you want the gun bad enough like I did, after waiting 2 months that was long enough, and I went elsewhere. If everyone chooses to wait another 2 months, that's fine. To each their own. [rolleyes]

Just so everyone knows, FS has more of them in stock as of 9:00 this morning. They have it on their website. They had I think 20 in when I got mine 2 weeks ago, and now they have more........

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows, FS has more of them in stock as of 9:00 this morning. They have it on their website. They had I think 20 in when I got mine 2 weeks ago, and now they have more........

They did but I grabbed the last one at 10:30 this morning thanks to Carl who put it on hold for me when the shop opened! FS was packed with people and I am SO glad it is a 50 mile drive otherwise I would be there every single weekend.

Thank you Carl!!!!!

They did but I grabbed the last one at 10:30 this morning thanks to Carl who put it on hold for me when the shop opened! FS was packed with people and I am SO glad it is a 50 mile drive otherwise I would be there every single weekend.

Thank you Carl!!!!!

Excellent. Glad you got one.

Thank you Carl!!!!!

Enjoy it! Love to hear a range report!

Looking forward to the pictures... links??

Just thought I would stick with Ruger, and I bought these. I've been looking at other sites for maybe some pearl grips, but this si what I bought for now.

19854_L.jpg

19853_L.jpg

Just thought I would stick with Ruger, and I bought these. I've been looking at other sites for maybe some pearl grips, but this si what I bought for now.

19854_L.jpg

19853_L.jpg

Have seen these in person and was kind of disappointed with the scroll grips- details are so lightly engraved and finely detailed that they don't show up very well.

Could be just the pair I saw though

Hope yours look better.

THANKS- DOWNWIND

Have seen these in person and was kind of disappointed with the scroll grips- details are so lightly engraved and finely detailed that they don't show up very well.

Could be just the pair I saw though

Hope yours look better.

THANKS- DOWNWIND

No I have not see the Ruger ones anywhere. I ordered them online. If they suck, I will return them.

I picked one up at the Marlboro show. Got to stretch its legs Friday. Hammer spring is strong when you try to rack the slide, going to see if it works itself out for now. Out of the box it shot to the left with 230 gr fmjs. Adjusted the rear sight and shot dead on. Switched to 185 gr jhp and it shoots about 3-4" low at 50'. Used 7 and 8 round Colt mags 7 round AMT mags and 7 &8 round Ruger mags with the 230 fmjs all fed without a problem. With the 185 gr jhps the 8 round colt mags did not feed without jamming. All the other mags were OK. Appreciate if anyone has used 8 round mags with 185 gr JHPs that have worked without jams. Thanks.

Put my new toy through it's paces today and ran 100 rounds of 230 gr through it. This is my first pistol (always shot revolvers) and all I can say is WOW!!! Crisp trigger and no recoil to speak of.... had a few feed mishaps with the 7 round magazine but it could have been a rookie error. No issues with the 8 round magazine and can't wait to shoot a few more 100 rounds......now just need a cheaper source of ammo locally [thinking]

Ruger‎@Michael: We're working on back orders for both lines, but production continues! We doubled our manufacturing line for the SR1911 in hopes of gaining on the huge demand. They are both available, but hard to find. We can't guarantee when specific retailers will have them in stock as we don't sell directly to retailers and distribution is controlled by wholesalers, but we making both of these firearms every day and hopefully you will find them soon.

Back
Top Bottom