Ruger 1911

I got mine a few weeks ago from four seasons, every one of my buddies loved it, i love it. I shot it next to a Remington R1, everything was including looks was better on the Ruger, its $679 at AFS with cash or $699 with a credit card, last time i checked, they didnt have any, i think i got the 2nd to last one they had in stock a few weeks ago. I back this thing 110%, enjoy. PM if you have any questions about it

+1 on everything he said. I dont personally own one but I have shot it a number of times with a buddy at the range and It was a lot better than some of the other 1911's I've shot including the remington.

It'd be interesting if someone did a photo montage comparing them all from narrowest to widest. I don't have that much
money to buy the 8 1911s to do it justice, though.
Remind me tonight. I can take some pics and start a new thread. I think that the differences are pretty subtle, but it is amazing how much difference a millimeter or two can make to the feel.

Remind me tonight. I can take some pics and start a new thread. I think that the differences are pretty subtle, but it is amazing how much difference a millimeter or two can make to the feel.

I think its awesome that you have like 8 1911's, that is my goal, have one of each major company

I think its awesome that you have like 8 1911's, that is my goal, have one of each major company
I only have 7, and calling some of them 1911s is being a bit generous:

- Kimber Custom Stainless (full size)
- Kimber Compact (aluminum frame)
- Kimber Compact (steel frame)
- ParaOrdnance P14-45
- Springfield
- Colt Delta Elite
- Wilson Combat Service Grade

- ParaOrdnance P14-45
- Springfield
- Colt Delta Elite

great list!

Digging mine so far. Accurate & tight. 100% American made, Series 70 style, reasonable price.
I think we have a winner here folks.

- ParaOrdnance P14-45
- Springfield
- Colt Delta Elite

first 1911 is there one you would recommend?

first 1911 is there one you would recommend?

I don't have any experience with it but the Ruger looks good. Smith and Wesson E series is another good choice. If you don't live in MA, Springfield would be another good choice. Get a full size, steel frame gun.

Last edited:
Anyone still waiting, just called First Defense, and they did get 5 in a while back to fill back orders, so now I am 2nd on the list for when more arrive.

I also spoke with Carl at FS, and he said over the last few weeks he has received about 100 SR1911's and has obviously sold all of them. So, he is obviously getting a lot more in stock then other places. I put my name on their waiting list as well. If I hear from FS first, I will buy it from them even though they are $100 more then First Defense, and then I will just use my money at First defense and buy something else.

Last edited:
Dont understand the hype why not just wait for a used one for 100 less they will have flooded the market soon enough just like s&w bodyguards

I wouldn't compare a S&W bodygaurd to the SR1911, but ok. I don't buy used pistols either. I will get one soon enough, was just letting everyone know of their options.

I wouldn't compare a S&W bodygaurd to the SR1911, but ok. I don't buy used pistols either. I will get one soon enough, was just letting everyone know of their options.

Im comparing it to the bodyguard due to people getting on a waiting list for it.

Anyone still waiting, just called First Defense, and they did get 5 in a while back to fill back orders, so now I am 2nd on the list for when more arrive.

Yup!
I believe that would put me 7th in line. Looks like I've got a long wait. [laugh]

I put my money down on 12/31/11 - where does that put me???? March? Doesn't matter, I'll wait - good people

Ok, I heard from another store where I have my name in besides First Defense that they got some in, and 1 if those SR1911's is mine if I want it. Problem is, I already put down 1/2 deposit at First Defense. So this one I would have to buy outright, and then use the money at FD towards something else. What to do, what to do...

Ok, I heard from another store where I have my name in besides First Defense that they got some in, and 1 if those SR1911's is mine if I want it. Problem is, I already put down 1/2 deposit at First Defense. So this one I would have to buy outright, and then use the money at FD towards something else. What to do, what to do...

Get it now, you wont regret, i love mine, and you can use that other money towards a future firearm, i dont you wont be buying another gun any time soon, live it up, life is short

Sell your deposit at FD to someone else looking for a SR1911. [wink]

Use the deposit at FD for more .45 ammo.

Absolutely love mine, and everyone who has shot it (some with way more 1911 experience than I) have spoken positively of it as well. Overpaid for it at FS, but the 300+ rounds downrange are worth the extra $100 or so, rather than waiting for another dealer with a lower price.

"A gun in the hand is worth two on their way (someday, maybe) to the shop"??

Last edited:
Probably. [laugh] I put my money down more than a month before that, and still haven't heard anything.

"Ok, I heard from another store where I have my name in besides First Defense that they got some in, and 1 if those SR1911's is mine if I want it. Problem is, I already put down 1/2 deposit at First Defense. So this one I would have to buy outright, and then use the money at FD towards something else. What to do, what to do... "

SWEET! I just moved up in line!

I'm lost with that idea. That would then cost that person that much more money, even if they were only sing 1 or 2 spots. What am I missing, I've been at work since midnight?[laugh]

I'm lost with that idea. That would then cost that person that much more money, even if they were only sing 1 or 2 spots. What am I missing, I've been at work since midnight?[laugh]

If you don't use the deposit for the purchase of the SR1911 then your deposit turns into store credit, correct?
If yes, then essentially it would be like you selling a First Defense gift card, no?
Then again....... maybe I'm the one confused. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom