Ruger 1911

I read somewhere that Ruger purchased more machines to up the production of the SR1911. Hopefully that will shorten the waiting lists and lower the price in the not too distant future.

If you don't use the deposit for the purchase of the SR1911 then your deposit turns into store credit, correct?
If yes, then essentially it would be like you selling a First Defense gift card, no?
Then again....... maybe I'm the one confused. [laugh]

Nope, we're good. You explained it perfect when we talked. [thumbsup]

anyone who ordered from First Defense have theirs come in yet? i ordered early january, still waiting

anyone who ordered from First Defense have theirs come in yet? i ordered early january, still waiting

I stopped in Saturday (2/4). I ordered 12/30 and they have no idea when they will receive any. She mentioned that they have upped their price to $669, but still nothing inbound.

I stopped in Saturday (2/4). I ordered 12/30 and they have no idea when they will receive any. She mentioned that they have upped their price to $669, but still nothing inbound.

thanks for the update. i feel like other shops have them trickling in, but not them.

$669? That is too bad. For $30 more I'll pick one up at 4 seasons, where they apparently get them much more frequently...

AJ's Sporting Goods in Housatonic (Great Barrington), MA had one as of Saturday I believe. I picked mine up from Dave's Sporting Goods in Pittsfield, MA.

Give up on waiting for FD like I did. 2+ months was long enough for me. [laugh] Four Seasons gets them in like once a week by the dozens.

Give up on waiting for FD like I did. 2+ months was long enough for me. [laugh] Four Seasons gets them in like once a week by the dozens.

ya i was sucked in by the $599 price tag. now im just getting impatient and have $200 sitting their that i cant get back. oh well, the wait goes on i guess

If FD can't close the deal they should give people there money back instead of only giving back store credit.

Does anyone know if FD is willing to give back a cash refund? I have had a deposit for two months and still nothing. I would love to be able to go to Four Seasons and get one sooner but I can't without my deposit back.

Last time I called FS they were sold out already. You may want to call and ask for an ETA.

-Mike

Does anyone know if FD is willing to give back a cash refund? I have had a deposit for two months and still nothing. I would love to be able to go to Four Seasons and get one sooner but I can't without my deposit back.

...did you call and ask?

You think that"s bad?
I left a deposit the first few days of December and I'm still waiting....... over two months now.

I called recently to find out were I was on the list and was told "your number three".
I would be ok with that, but when I called two weeks ago I was told "your number three" and I personaly know of one person ahead of me that canceled his deposit. [rolleyes]
Next week I'll be fourth....... I"m going backwards [rofl]
Oh well....at $599 I can wait till christmas. [wink]

I do plan on asking, I wanted to see if anyone here had already.

Yes, I asked when I put the deposit down. "no refund, only store credit" was the reply.

Last edited:
ya i was sucked in by the $599 price tag. now im just getting impatient and have $200 sitting their that i cant get back. oh well, the wait goes on i guess

I used my $200 for 1911 mags and some accessories I needed anyway. So either way it all worked out. 2+ months is too long to wait, when a lot of other stores get them in left and right. Not sure what their deal is over there.

You will not get a refund whatsoever. They will only turn that deposit into a store credit. They probably knew going in what they we're getting into, and they don't want 20 people backing out now.

Can one make a reservation in 4S by putting a deposit down?

You can get on the list at FS just by calling. They DO NOT require a deposit like First Defense. I called FS one day, asked to get put on the list, they said yes, and 2 weeks later they called and said it was in and to come down and pick it up. No money down required, no hassle, and a lot faster.

EDIT: I need to learn to multi quote...[rofl] OK wow I figured that out. I am a dumbass. No wonder my post count started increasing [rofl]

Last edited:
Ya a guy at my work ordered in december, so i know i have a bit after him depending on how big of a shipment they have. I dont mind the wait but it seems they havent gotten any in at all.

I used my $200 for 1911 mags and some accessories I needed anyway. So either way it all worked out. 2+ months is too long to wait, when a lot of other stores get them in left and right. Not sure what their deal is over there.

This is just my opinion........ but I have a sneaky suspicion that wholesale prices might have gone up, hence the recent rise in retail price. [thinking]

This is just my opinion........ but I have a sneaky suspicion that wholesale prices might have gone up, hence the recent rise in retail price. [thinking]

If there are mid levels between Ruger and the FFLs, you can bet your ass the mid level distributors are doing a rape job with the dealers on these guns. The demand is high enough that they can get away with it, too.

-Mike

If there are mid levels between Ruger and the FFLs, you can bet your ass the mid level distributors are doing a rape job with the dealers on these guns. The demand is high enough that they can get away with it, too.

-Mike

I wonder if Four Seasons and First Defense get there stock from the same place now?
$100 dollars difference in price back in Dec and now they are at (just about) the same price. If First Defense is paying a higher wholesale price now, can't be much profit selling them at $599. And it will only get worse the longer people are waiting on the $599 list, by June they might be losing money.

Of course this is all just speculation. [smile]

Last edited:
SR 1911 prices

I saw two different dealers with them at the Marlboro show

1 had one for the asking price of $650

The other had it for $679 asking price

Don't know if there was a discount for a cash sale.

Four Seasons gives 2% off for cash

Anyway, they didn't last very long.

DOWNWIND[grin]

Back
Top Bottom