• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger WTF!!!

1903Collector

NES Member
So after doing some research after the fact I discovered this is an old issue. I recently bough a new Mini14 because well, no collections is complete without one right? at least that's what I told my self.

I get a sling for every long gun I own, it's not complete without one IMHO but what the f*** is going on with the Mini, the factory sling loops are retarded. at 1" nothing I had worked right so I got a 1" leather military sling, can't use that because the loops are to narrow to allow the leather and the metal for the hooks to pass thru. I'll figure something out but you would think after how many friggin years this gun has been in production they would at least put better sling loops on.

Last edited:
Buy some plastic buckles an hardware and make your own.

1" is a standard webbing dimension, comes in all colors and camo.

I got this one for a 10/22 I'm configuring from Rugers accessories. I haven't mounted it yet but it seems to be what I'm looking for as in a sling support and it's decent leather.

Sling

There's more on the main page in a variety of styles

I got this one for a 10/22 I'm configuring from Rugers accessories. I haven't mounted it yet but it seems to be what I'm looking for as in a sling support and it's decent leather.

Sling

There's more on the main page in a variety of styles
The sling I got is basically the same as that one, it won't fit thru the sling loops because of the metal hooks

I noticed but if you look, the hardware comes with it and is already on the sling I posted. True, you already bought one and if you wanted you could get a new set of swivels to match or save it for the next rifle. Like yourself, I have a sling or carrying strap for all of mine so a it doesn't sit around for long.

JETA: A lot of the 1903 type of slings that I looked at, the main complaints were that they didn't fit the swivels so when I look, I get one that comes with swivels from the maker, as an FYI.

I noticed but if you look, the hardware comes with it and is already on the sling I posted. True, you already bought one and if you wanted you could get a new set of swivels to match or save it for the next rifle. Like yourself, I have a sling or carrying strap for all of mine so a it doesn't sit around for long.

JETA: A lot of the 1903 type of slings that I looked at, the main complaints were that they didn't fit the swivels so when I look, I get one that comes with swivels from the maker, as an FYI.
So after doing some more searching the issue with replacing the swivels is you need to drill out and thru the existing holes on the gas block as they are apparently to small for after market swivels, really would prefer not to do that. I found a nice leather sling on Ruger's site, but it's out of stock of course.

Back
Top Bottom